Could a Bigfoot be living near your home without you knowing?

Bigfoot Gumbo

So I live in a large neighborhood with about 20 acres of woods bordering the subdivision. I often come across deer early in the morning when no one else is around. I started thinking that if these wild deer can live this close to us and we rarely see them, wouldn't it be easy for a Bigfoot to easily remain hidden in larger wooded areas? They are probably living in areas near people who never notice them.

Edited by Bigfoot Gumbo

Its possible sure, read some of the reports and they are dumpster diving. 

In all seriousness I tend to be a believe that BF is either migratory or it occupies a large territory that it roams.  That is based on the fact that reports are rather widespread.  A roaming BF would eventually have to occupy and cross some areas that could be more heavily occupied than we may believe.  

• Upvote 1

Assuming they do exist, I would think that they could certainly live in forest habitats that border populated areas. I'm not saying they would live at the local park but there are quite a few places throughout North America where large tracts of forest border human development. Your comment about the deer reminded me of when I used to live in Connecticut and people would sometimes see coyotes in their neighborhood and think it was a big deal. What they don't realize is that those animals are always there but are just active when most people aren't and they generally avoid people altogether. If you consider how some types of abundant wildlife manage to be elusive it doesn't come across as unreasonable that something like a bigfoot could do the same. 

22 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

Assuming they do exist, I would think that they could certainly live in forest habitats that border populated areas. I'm not saying they would live at the local park but there are quite a few places throughout North America where large tracts of forest border human development. Your comment about the deer reminded me of when I used to live in Connecticut and people would sometimes see coyotes in their neighborhood and think it was a big deal. What they don't realize is that those animals are always there but are just active when most people aren't and they generally avoid people altogether. If you consider how some types of abundant wildlife manage to be elusive it doesn't come across as unreasonable that something like a bigfoot could do the same. 

This. Flying through parts of NY state, talking within 100 miles of NYC and there are plenty large enough tracts of woods to house a BF family.

I just explored the location of a BFRO report on the edge of town. On he side of the street was the edge of homes/ subdivisions and the other side was farms and orchards bordering the river, and across the river are mountains. It was seen on the farm side of the road, but it was close to homes. Fascinating. 

I think that as long as they have a safe way in and out of your area, they should be okay to come closer to neighborhoods than one would expect. They probably use the cover of darkness to conceal themselves when the risk factor is higher. I highly doubt though that they'd live in an urban forest bordered by roads and houses. Look at a satellite image of your area and see if there are forest tracts connected to your wooded area. If there are and they extend for miles, it's possible I suppose. But who really knows right?

Spoiler

I say yes.   Decades ago two guys got free of a prisoner transport van in my home town.  They were in handcuffs and leg-irons.  Somehow they eluded capture for over a week.  They broke into homes/businesses and evaded a law-enforcement sweep that my memory says was 80 officers plus.  When they finally gave up, it turned out they had spent the entire time within a roughly 2 mile by 3 mile box with a very busy two lane asphalt road down the middle as it cut through the village.  The surrounding countryside was a mix of open fields and fairly new forest.   EVERYBODY knew what was going and had their eyes open (and guns ready) if these two showed up.   They basically were completely invisible until they finally gave up because it was early spring and they had neither the clothing or training to cope with the cold, wet weather.     Given all that....I find it possible that something use to living in the woods, use to avoiding human contact....could pass through or even spend a few nights in areas where folks generally don't go....and be completely invisible doing it.

18 hours ago, Bigfoot Gumbo said:

So I live in a large neighborhood with about 20 acres of woods bordering the subdivision. I often come across deer early in the morning when no one else is around. I started thinking that if these wild deer can live this close to us and we rarely see them, wouldn't it be easy for a Bigfoot to easily remain hidden in larger wooded areas? They are probably living in areas near people who never notice them.

Your going to notice if a troupe of 800 lbs primates are living next to you. I had a thread of Caloric intake you can do a search on.

Things can hide that are externally supported in 20 acres of woods. A sniper with a months worth of rations and a water supply could easily hide from you. But that is not the same thing as a breeding population of very large primates. You can look at Grizzly Bears (a large omnivore) as a comparison.

A male Grizzly Bears home range is 600 square miles. A female? 150 square miles. 600 square miles equals 384000 acres. And this animal hibernates half the year. Apes do not hibernate.

• Upvote 1

In the first tv episode of the Joe Rogan Experience a few years ago, in the first segment, Joe interviewed Dr. J at his house in Washington state. They walked to the base of a hiking/walking trail a short ways from the neighborhood. It was here that Dr. J claimed invisible Sasquatches made physical contact with him. So obviously the theory proposed in this thread is true.

Also, the prattling, pseudo academic windbag, Christopher Noel, has the same theory. Bigfeet are in the neighborhood.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Confused 1

Here is a map of a radio collared female Grizzly. 5000 miles in two years. Sometimes she was very close to civilization. But as a big omnivore she needs to keep moving, albeit she seemed to have been exceptional even for a Grizzly.

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/post/grizzly-bear-traveled-5000-miles-across-idaho-montana-mystery-biologists#stream/0

E98AAC7A-9A8C-45AA-A18D-7D70060B525A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Here is a map of a radio collared female Grizzly. 5000 miles in two years. Sometimes she was very close to civilization. But as a big omnivore she needs to keep moving, albeit she seemed to have been exceptional even for a Grizzly.

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/post/grizzly-bear-traveled-5000-miles-across-idaho-montana-mystery-biologists#stream/0

E98AAC7A-9A8C-45AA-A18D-7D70060B525A.jpeg

BF have to be the same. It's the only way for them to breed...and I would say they are much more mobile and smarter/more aware than a Grizzly.

• Upvote 1

Short answer is yes.

Big omnivores need to keep moving - check. Hairy guys do, but not entirely predictably, according to experienced investigators. They're too much like us. No hibernation, but they seem to be able to lie up when necessary. Inclement weather, human presence, etc. I think the juveniles are accomplished scouts, going fast and usually unobserved where the others might not.