Apes, Grooming and the NAWAC Self-Tagging Experiment

WSA

Thinking about the information they collated on the home range section where they painted a picture of seasonal movement to different areas, have they actually been back to any of those specific sites at around the times the tracker indicated the animal was there? They did show quite specific times the animal was in various areas and I believe they narrowed the locations down to within 100m - I couldn't see any follow up articles or further reports about possibly scouting out the locations at a similar date but the following year or after that.........

On 8/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, WSA said:

What say you...does this confirm or refute anything we think we know about BF?

I would say that if they did tag a bigfoot , it confirms the hypothesized behavoir of being very nomadic, especially when pursed by people.B)

20 hours ago, WSA said:

I track backwards from what the NAWAC's stated mission is,  and that is to kill a type specimen. If true, anything that doesn't promote that goal (i.e., DNA collecting, radio tracking for the sake of radio tracking, videos, track casting...) would probably be seen by them as a waste of resources better spent towards achieving the goal. It will take that kind of focus to succeed. 

I found this quote from their paper page 16 at the bottom, it's one of their identified objectives.

Recover a discarded tag for a DNA sample, or secure a type specimen.

There you go ^^^^^  Of those, I'm betting one objective would supersede the other, given that by achieving that one, you would achieve both at once.

I tend to agree that they would probably pass on the DNA. But it looks good on paper. With all the human results looming, it could be counter active to their end goal.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic