There’s No Sasquatch Conspiracy Afoot, Scientists Say

Explorer

UFOs are a separate topic or at least should be treated that way. There are parallels with BF research but it's a lot of rabbit trails. 

With BF, I would tend to doubt there is anyone inside any government agency in any country that is budgeted specifically for cryptid research. That is X-Files fantasy where a rogue agent is allowed to run rampant with theories. Governments have a chain of command. You step outside the box, you get smacked down.  Academics is the same. You publish and teach valid subject matter or you get blackballed.  Meldrum is an outlier because religion is involved.  Sorry to bust the bubble of his popularity but he is bunk.  His "science" is cover for his religious beliefs which extends into a search for giants in prehistory america. He lives in a region with a heavy enough religious persuasion that the university faculty offers enough support to keep him going.  That's how it is. There will never be a Jeff Meldrum at any other university. Mohawk man is irrelevant. No credible scientist anywhere will touch BF topics.  Krantz forced the issue and it went nowhere for him, same for Bindernagel.  Igor Burstsev is a joke to his peers along with every other Russian academic studying BF.

Science is based on testing. So if there is anyone in the scientific community with credibility tracking events for the sake of information gathering, it would have to be a black project and how many of those does the dept of the interior (or whoever is at the top of the agency food chain for wilderness stuff) have?  Not saying it is impossible as there are "special agents" and such. My best guess is those folks handle tangible projects, not theory.

If evidence exists it would have to be pretty superior evidence, like a body or part of one. Is that reasonable to expect, even for special ops soldiers drafted for such a project?  Everyone with any clue with BF knows it would have to be the most dogged pursuit over as many months as it would take. Kill zones, high powered weapons in the deep woods.  I don't see it happening except in someone's novel. 

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

Let's review:

1) October of 1967. The PG film is produced. It culminated 9 years of sasquatchy events in the Bluff Creek area that had garnered lots of media attention, but absolutely no official recognition. None. Zero. Nil. Nada. Zip. Not a single official statement about the entire affair, from Jerry Crew through Patterson/Gimlin. Not then, not since, and not now, despite several re-examinations of the film by interested and qualified individuals as recently as Munns over the last several years, all of whom determine that it is not a man in a suit. This is not to mention the D.W. Grieve analysis of 1972 where he openly states that he might have to refuse to accept the film as genuine because of his emotional inability to accept the possibility that these creatures exist. This is also despite the fact that a USFS timber cruiser supervisor and crew were the first on the scene after the filming in 1967 and is credited with photographs of the footprints left by the subject of the film. He has subsequently stated his doubt based, not on the evidence of the film and the prints, but on the surprise of Patterson and Gimlin coming from Washington and getting what locals had failed to get. 

2) The environmental industry. Here's another curious entity who is strangely silent on this issue. These folks have found no creature too large or too smallto save, from blue whales to polar bears to marbled murrelets to snail darters to monarch butterflies. They are even party to and supporters of the federal protections for freaking sea gulls. And have they looked into this matter? Again, complete silence. Nothing. Zero. Nil. Nada. Zip. They are as quiet as government, their partner in the control of all things wild and free.

Coincidence? The two most vociferous and power hungry entities on Earth and in the history of Mankind? These two get their dictates into everything, including the control of human behaviors down to how much water a urinal can be manufactured to use per flush. And when a potential great ape so endangered as to be seen so infrequently, or even perhaps a relict hominid population, is regularly seen or leaves trace evidence, yet they utter not a peep?

Folks, I've gotta' admit, I'm a bit more than suspicious. Alarms are screaming at me like air raid sirens. I smell fire.

But there's more.......:

3) There was a participant on this forum (version 1.0) some time back. His moniker was Saskeptic. Nice guy. He claimed to be an academic bird biologist. Remarkably, his participation here coincided with the Ivory billed woodpecker fiasco, where the feds spent some $50 million.......essentially giving much of that money to academia to "study" the situation (Cornell University, to be exact), which helps illustrate my accusations of whoring by academia. We got nothing for that money, btw.

At any rate, this Saskeptic and I sparred back and forth over government's responsibility to respond to this sasquatch phenomenon just as they did to the woodpecker. Eventually, the guy started a thread outlining the symposium he created for government biologists warning them that people like me were out here wondering where they were, conducting discussion among them over how to respond, and suggesting to him that they ignore the threat, but be aware that it exists.

This forum member eventually left the forum and became active at the JREF, or now ISF forum (getting away from the now disgraced name of James Randi) putting the bad mouth on "footers". 

Hmmmmm...........

4) Now comes a New Age youngster with a blog on how there's no sasquatch cover up conspiracy. This comes as we increasingly discuss the possibility and review the past. It also comes as government at the highest levels are being cornered in political shenanigans never before exposed. Trust in government at all levels is at an all time low, and deservedly so. And who does this young lady interview? Government wildlife and habitat managers? Of course not! They remain completely silent and even unidentified. She gives us yet another bowl of b******t from the academic a******s. The guys waiting for somebody to bring them The Gift. For free. "Give us something to publish about!", they "profess". 

Yeah. No conspiracy here. A conspiracy requires thought. There's no evidence of that in academia. 

And in government? There's no evidence of anything whatsoever.........except secrecy...........

I have to tell ya, it’s pretty impressive how in depth you go (as a lot of active BFF’ers are too). I didn’t know there was 9 years of BiGFo0Tery going in in the bluff creek area.

i feel at 30 years old I was born too late to know much about this stuff.  I know the Pg film, daheniden, freeman, ostman, and bindernagel,

37 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

.........Science is based on testing. So if there is anyone in the scientific community with credibility tracking events for the sake of information gathering, it would have to be a black project and how many of those does the dept of the interior (or whoever is at the top of the agency food chain for wilderness stuff) have?  Not saying it is impossible as there are "special agents" and such. My best guess is those folks handle tangible projects, not theory..........

Did you know that the National Park Service has a Special Forces Unit including a SWAT team?:

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/special-forces-office.htm

I found out when some very interesting folks I know ended up on the wrong side of a national park superintendent. The NPS SWAT team was flown up here, complete with full military hardware, to put the extreme hurt on this family.And that was just one such dust up:

https://www.adn.com/projects/article/pilgrim-family-battles-national-park-service-mccarthy/2013/07/12/

https://www.adn.com/uncategorized/article/remote-alaska-park-service-wields-too-much-power/2011/04/14/

You don't think the resource management agencies have secrets? No dark ops? No coverups?

Science has absolutely nothing to do with this subject to the administrators, except if it defines what they will have to deal with if it becomes public knowledge and the lawyers show up to tell them what they have to do..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RedHawk454 said:

.........I didn’t know there was 9 years of BiGFo0Tery going in in the bluff creek area..........

It actually goes back over a century, but the real hot activity involving Patty and her family is about a 9 year period between 1958-1967.

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/64849-patterson-bf/?tab=comments#comment-1031684

Edited by Huntster

9 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

One thing I noticed in the Missing 411 Hunters film.      In two instances the FBI showed up to a missing persons search.     The Sheriff from that county said that is highly unusual.  They have no role in missing people searches unless it involves certain missing juveniles and kidnapping.     They just said they wanted to observe.     The Sheriff went on to say that when the FBI encounters circumstances similar to others they have seen,   and wish to expand their profiles,   they show up and observe.    Apparently the circumstances of missing hunters who vanish without a trace fit some sort of profile that the FBI considers concerning.   

There is something going on out there. In one of the cases you reference, there were hundreds of SAR people, tracking dogs, cadaver dogs, helicopters with thermal imagers, divers who checked every body of water from a puddle to a pond, and more.  No rifle, no walkie-talkie, no article of clothing, no evidence of foul play or predator attack.  Nothing was found. The missing person was an 82-year hunter who was hunting with 6 other people. He was blind in one eye and had heart issues.  Is he walking out of there? Absolutely not.

Then where did he and his rifle go?

10 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

.........Nothing was found. The missing person was an 82-year hunter who was hunting with 6 other people. He was blind in one eye and had heart issues.  Is he walking out of there? Absolutely not.

Then where did he and his rifle go?

Missing person cases are incredible. The case of Michael LeMaitre is particularly remarkable. I was in Seward the week after he disappeared on his way down from the top of the mountain. The helicopters flying around were non-stop. Remember that there's no darkness then in Alaska. The search literally went 24/7 for weeks. And we're not talking a huge area, either. You can see most of the race trail from downtown Seward. You can see the trail on the mountain in these pics.

Nothing. He just disappeared. 

But, then, we also had a bear in our camp during that week........also right in town. So if he was disabled long, he likely disappeared because he was eaten...........

https://medium.com/@robinbarefield76/missing-in-alaska-4251b8f27b73

1C29CF2E-CE8B-4860-B961-43FC87722E87.jpeg

3E79A456-ADA0-4907-B80B-0B4466D4A69E.jpeg

In the case of 411 The Hunted,  there was no predator issue regarding the 82-year old gentleman eliminating that possibility.  Once you check off enough boxes, what is left?

22 hours ago, norseman said:

UFO’s were swamp gas, Venus light infraction, figment of people’s imagination until one day a whistle blower from the government came out and said.....hey, these things are real, and we don’t know what they are, and they fly in our airspace with impunity.....

How do we go from black to white over night? I’m guessing that for whatever reason the government decided to let the cat out of the bag. Which is a scary thought in and of its self.

That is a damn fine question and one that scares me.  If you want an interesting take on that question listen to JoeRogan's podcast with Tom Delonge.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, norseman said:

........UFO’s were swamp gas, Venus light infraction, figment of people’s imagination until one day a whistle blower from the government came out and said.....hey, these things are real, and we don’t know what they are, and they fly in our airspace with impunity.....

How do we go from black to white over night? I’m guessing that for whatever reason the government decided to let the cat out of the bag...........

The lunatic fringe simply won't go away. Worse, they created in industry out of alien conspiracy theories. Worse than that, government became the boogerman in it all. Hell, they can't even have secret bases in the desert anymore building and testing all kinds of wonderful killing machines without those kooks low-crawling in like sidewinders looking for little green men.

What to do? 

Well, first, build new weapon testing facilities in locations where even the kooks can't reach, then scale back operations in the location where the kooks insist the little green men are held captive. Maintain less than top secret operations there, giving the kooks enough to keep them focusing there.

Secondly? What can we learn from this? Well, we can't talk sense into kooks. We've been trying for over half a century, and nit only don't they disbelieve us, but their willingness to believe the wildest stuff only gets more fantastic. So...........let's use them and their stupidity in psyops beneficial to our needs and desires........sorta' like we're doing with the weather now. Let's foster the climate of fear that they seem insistent to live in, thereby further justifying our spending on technology, aerospace, military, and semi-secrecy. Looks like we never have to actually produce little green men. Hollywood does that for us. Hell, we can hide aliens in the oceans and they'll believe it............

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, hiflier said:

I'll do a quick reply: No body. So it's professional suicide whether a scientist is private or not without physical proof. Dr. Meldrum's own fight within academia along with Krantz's and Bindernagel's says the problem is bigger than within just their own respective anthropology departments. And I would bet the administrators of those institutions know it. I couldn't begin to imagine the academic dialogue that has gone on behind the closed doors of those departments. I'll wager a ton was said back and forth regarding funding for those respective institutions.

While within the national academic community Meldrum probably gets snickers of ridicule,   I would venture to say that Meldrum is probably the most famous professor at Idaho State.    Who else among them has had as much TV and media exposure.   I think because of that the university has given him a lot of latitude to explore the BF phenomena.   Certainly his BF interest has generated a lot of side income for his family.      Some of the professional skepticism could well be based as much on jealousy as any other factor.    

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

In the case of 411 The Hunted,  there was no predator issue regarding the 82-year old gentleman eliminating that possibility.  Once you check off enough boxes, what is left?

ah, Paulides.  Easily writing off more mundane and natural explanations. 

and I believe some of them are more BiGFo0T than not, but he does easily write off mountain lions.  Especially when it comes to cases of children or the elderly. 

13 hours ago, Huntster said:

Did you know that the National Park Service has a Special Forces Unit including a SWAT team?:

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/special-forces-office.htm

I found out when some very interesting folks I know ended up on the wrong side of a national park superintendent. The NPS SWAT team was flown up here, complete with full military hardware, to put the extreme hurt on this family.And that was just one such dust up:

https://www.adn.com/projects/article/pilgrim-family-battles-national-park-service-mccarthy/2013/07/12/

https://www.adn.com/uncategorized/article/remote-alaska-park-service-wields-too-much-power/2011/04/14/

You don't think the resource management agencies have secrets? No dark ops? No coverups?

Science has absolutely nothing to do with this subject to the administrators, except if it defines what they will have to deal with if it becomes public knowledge and the lawyers show up to tell them what they have to do..........

Can't say I looked into it extensively but from what I have seen, police-like employees of the NPS serve as riot control, mostly in DC, in the event of protests. I would imagine they are needed for human type police work when needs arise on NPS lands. Drugs, fugitives, etc.

I do not believe the NPS has dark secrets regarding BF. I think civilians have the most interaction and information and whatever evidence collection.

1 minute ago, Arvedis said:

Can't say I looked into it extensively but from what I have seen, police-like employees of the NPS serve as riot control, mostly in DC, in the event of protests. I would imagine they are needed for human type police work when needs arise on NPS lands. Drugs, fugitives, etc........

Or inholding land owners they want gone and who refuse to sell out.........

I do not believe the NPS has dark secrets regarding BF. I think civilians have the most interaction and information and whatever evidence collection.

Now that's an interesting thought, no? Are you suggesting that they refuse to even keep records on sasquatch reports within their areas of responsibility? Why might that be? Deniability? They keep and zealously desire to obtain every other kind of such data, especially on the flora and fauna, and including human visitation and activities. You can't go anywhere in a national park that they either don't corral you into or require a permit to access. You can't even film commercially without a permit. Les Stroud paid several thousand dollars in fines for filming in Kenai Fiords National Park in Alaska without a permit..........and, come to think of it, that's where he had his "maybe" encounter with a sasquatch. Wanna' bet the NPS doesn't care a whit about that, but loved Stroud's money?

20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Or inholding land owners they want gone and who refuse to sell out.........

Now that's an interesting thought, no? Are you suggesting that they refuse to even keep records on sasquatch reports within their areas of responsibility? Why might that be? Deniability? They keep and zealously desire to obtain every other kind of such data, especially on the flora and fauna, and including human visitation and activities. You can't go anywhere in a national park that they either don't corral you into or require a permit to access. You can't even film commercially without a permit. Les Stroud paid several thousand dollars in fines for filming in Kenai Fiords National Park in Alaska without a permit..........and, come to think of it, that's where he had his "maybe" encounter with a sasquatch. Wanna' bet the NPS doesn't care a whit about that, but loved Stroud's money?

They are political to the bone so whatever they need to do to protect they interests is what they will do. Even if they do keep records on BF sightings, why would they spend their resources chasing or investigating it, other than to give it a file name?

Edited by Arvedis