norseman

Roof top tent project

Huntster
On 8/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, norseman said:

...........It’s not a wall tent. But sets up super easy.

I'm admiring your trip pics. How long does it take you to set it up or take it down?

norseman
On 9/1/2019 at 4:17 PM, Huntster said:

I'm admiring your trip pics. How long does it take you to set it up or take it down?

10 minutes. Its super easy. You do need to stand on the bed rail or keep a short ladder around. 

The cover velcros to the platform along with 4 staps. Once the cover is off, 4 corner velcro straps allows the platform to fold out. 2 pins and a strap for the ladder and you just pull the ladder towards you and the tent is up. Mine has a porch that you need to set up with a few bars. Optional rods for the window awnings if you want. Throw yer bedding in and yer done. 

• Upvote 1

norseman

In case no one is following the field trip 2.0 thread.

C861B5F0-CD76-4E9A-8E03-4FAA197471FC.jpeg

2C2C640D-C5E1-4C49-ABED-EBB21B1C7274.jpeg

9AF825E2-88B3-4250-B2D4-91D6568279EE.jpeg

900C6F8C-6325-4451-BE90-DC4F2501DFC7.jpeg

Explorer

I noticed that your tent placement is higher than the Smittybilt YouTube video (by ~1 to 2 ft).  

Did the ladder that came with the tent also longer or did it work fine with the higher placement of the tent?

Did you elevate the tent placement to have better access to the truck's bed storage area or for some other reason?

norseman
10 minutes ago, Explorer said:

I noticed that your tent placement is higher than the Smittybilt YouTube video (by ~1 to 2 ft).  

Did the ladder that came with the tent also longer or did it work fine with the higher placement of the tent?

Did you elevate the tent placement to have better access to the truck's bed storage area or for some other reason?

Yes. The ladder worked fine.

And I did place it higher for storage. A topper with a tube exo skeleton would even be better.