How Many Members have had a sighting/experience?

DrBunsonHoneyDew

Care to go into detail? 

I have become fascinated with Bigfoot of late and would love to know if anyone has actually gone out searching for Bigfoot with success? 

I am in Mass which isnt the best BF sighting territory, but ive been hiking a lot lately hoping in the back of my mind something happens. 

I am excited to be apart of this community and reading all these posts have only help confirm what I already believe. 

• Upvote 2

I've been hiking, hunting, camping, prospecting, and just hangin' out in the mountains of B.C for more than 60 years, and had 3 experiences in that time. My teenage son had a sighting about 40 years ago on a camping trip, but I only got a fleeting glimpse of what he  saw. I found a trackway in snow a year or so later, and then had a sighting the year after that. Nothing since, and I get out in the woods every chance I can, probably 30 days per year nowadays.

I still go hunting and prospecting, and get out a few times each year with other local researchers specifically looking for Sasquatch, but our best efforts so far have been a rock throwing incident, and follow ups to a number of local reports, only one of which produced a castable track.

• Upvote 1

I've had 2 sightings, clear and unambiguous, about 35 years apart, plus 1 more I'd rate 98% or more likely.   Found one line of tracks in '74.    Couple lakes with probably trackways underwater.   Many (ish) individual or pairs of tracks.   3-4 knocks that were knocks, not acorns or the like falling.   Couple odd vocalizations, some I've recorded.    Makes me wonder how much I've missed noticing along the way.

I haven't gotten out as much the past 3 years, first because of foot problems, then because of recovering from surgery for those problems, and now a new GF with a sizeable piece of property that needs labor I just happen to know how to do.   I'm heading out this weekend for my first "real" trip of the year.   More will happen in conjunction with deer and elk seasons though.   I'm not done by any means.

MIB

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Giant forearm with hand, butt and heel prints, screams, howls, roars, growls, samurai chatter, "wood knocks", boulder throwing, two counts of possible mind something, and sightings by friends I was with when some of these occurred (two occasions) and that's about it. They were present at my home and hunting areas for several years.

• Upvote 1

If I might ask, why do you believe? I have never gone searching intentionally and never had a physical sighting. I don't really want to run into one but I do pay attention to things. We stumbled across tracks when out picking huckleberries one summer in an area between Mt Adams and St Helens back in the 80's. I was a kid and although I had heard stories that my cousin told I had no idea until that time that they might be true. I've thought about it many times over the years because for me that was the defining moment when I actually believed that it is real and not a myth. The experience still stands up even today because the area was well off any road or trail. It was literally the side of a mountain in no mans land. One good rain and the tracks would have been indistinguishable.

Most of my time in the woods involves scouting for game and signs of it for hunting trips, exploring and camping with my family in the summer months. A particular area I hunt has prevalent signs of activity with lots of elk traveling it. We have taken a few elk in this area. A few years back I hiked in well before light and while sitting there listening for elk and waiting for light to come heard a knock which I thought might have been a hoof hitting a fallen log but it was pretty loud. As I was sitting there 5 minutes later a tree fell about 100 yards from me making a real racket. No wind to speak of but there is a lot of deadfall as well as some tree oddities in this particular area.

After light I hiked over to where the tree was and checked it out. I didn't see any clear signs but there were disturbed areas in the ground around the tree and it was a good sized one. I don't know why but I took it as a warning and left to another area. The hunt was ruined there anyway with all the noise. I have been back a few times since in the off season just to observe.

• Upvote 1

I thought that we had a poll of members who had been found by Sasquatch. I searched but can't find it. So Dr BunsonHoneyDE ( child of Bunson Burner?), if you want to burn ( no pun ) some time, use the 'search' feature. You may have to go back quite a ways in the timeframe of BFF.

45 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I thought that we had a poll of members who had been found by Sasquatch. I searched but can't find it. So Dr BunsonHoneyDE ( child of Bunson Burner?), if you want to burn ( no pun ) some time, use the 'search' feature. You may have to go back quite a ways in the timeframe of BFF.

Found by Sasquatch? Are they now predetermining random roadside crossings and encounters like @salubrious or being caught off guard to the point of getting pissed like for @SWWASAS?

• Downvote 1

First axiom of Sasquatch:  Sasquatch finds you, you do not find Sasquatch. One can not buy an encounter.  Sightings are related to 'worthiness' and as I have previously posted, related to positive and negative personalities to put it lightly.  Cursory review of sightings shows that some people try for a lifetime and have zero success. Others have 2 sightings and then nothing for the rest of their lives. Check the '2 sighting' scenario to determine if the action was a 'lead away' procedure. They hide and stay hidden. The smart ones know that if they mess with humans, more humans show up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

First axiom of Sasquatch:  Sasquatch finds you, you do not find Sasquatch. One can not buy an encounter.  Sightings are related to 'worthiness' and as I have previously posted, related to positive and negative personalities to put it lightly.  Cursory review of sightings shows that some people try for a lifetime and have zero success. Others have 2 sightings and then nothing for the rest of their lives. Check the '2 sighting' scenario to determine if the action was a 'lead away' procedure. They hide and stay hidden. The smart ones know that if they mess with humans, more humans show up.

Right. 

If what you say is true, they're not flesh and blood creatures.

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

To a certain extent, this is true. It's not always this way but at least a good deal of the time it is. There have been quite a few witnesses that have been out engaged in various activities that have reportedly seen what they describe as a Bigfoot standing behind a tree etc. already watching them. Or campers or cabin dwellers in the woods having rocks thrown towards them by something that came to check them out. Whether due to hearing humans making noise and were curious, the creature sought out the humans, which led to the sighting. 

6 hours ago, NatFoot said:

If what you say is true, they're not flesh and blood creatures.

What I posted has nothing to do with paranormal activity. They are flesh and blood. Many animals stay hidden from humans. Sasquatch hunting style is point blank, brutal strength combined with speed. They stay hidden in 'statue mode' and observe.  Animals toggle through the 5 'Fs' when they see another animal:   flee,  fight,  friend,  food and the last one would hurt but is not fatal.

5 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Worthy of a Mike Myers "I'm not worthy" video.

I don't know who Mike Meyers is or what he does. Doesn't matter.  The societies on the North American continent that have the longest positive relationships with Sasquatch are the Aboriginal American Indians and First Nations. Consult with them about worthiness.

• Downvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic