How Many Members have had a sighting/experience?

DrBunsonHoneyDew

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot I posted in this thread! To answer a few questions: both times we were camping in the car but not in campgrounds. We pretty much always goes as far as possible on forest/logging roads and camp. However, the more impressive handprint occurred not too far from a campground. It could have been a person but they would have to be enormous and have muddy hands. The attached picture is that handprint. The tiny, clean spots below it are my fingerprints. I have pretty average sized hands. This print was found after my wife was touched by something through the car window the night before.

0526180627.jpg

Forgot to mention: the touching incident occurred on logging land near Yacolt, WA. The other handprint and mysterious sound happened waaay back on a forest road near Mt. Baker. The rock throwing happened on Quinault Ridge on the Olympic Peninsula. And the possible footprint was found at Squire's Lake near Alger, WA. I have my doubts about that one due to the popularity of the trail and it's proximity to to civilization. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lamplight said:

Forgot I posted in this thread! To answer a few questions: both times we were camping in the car but not in campgrounds. We pretty much always goes as far as possible on forest/logging roads and camp. However, the more impressive handprint occurred not too far from a campground. It could have been a person but they would have to be enormous and have muddy hands. The attached picture is that handprint. The tiny, clean spots below it are my fingerprints. I have pretty average sized hands. This print was found after my wife was touched by something through the car window the night before.

0526180627.jpg

Forgot to mention: the touching incident occurred on logging land near Yacolt, WA. The other handprint and mysterious sound happened waaay back on a forest road near Mt. Baker. The rock throwing happened on Quinault Ridge on the Olympic Peninsula. And the possible footprint was found at Squire's Lake near Alger, WA. I have my doubts about that one due to the popularity of the trail and it's proximity to to civilization. 

I can't even begin to say just how creepy this sounds . If it was a man  in my opinion it's even more disturbing . To have all this happen while sleeping in your car is very  very unsettling to say

the least. I hope you go armed  .

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 3

@Lamplight

You have some very special finger prints there. The finger print ridges are not like us humans  and are more straight then ours. That is the first thing that I started looking at and thought that they are very special. Were able to get some one knowledgeable to lift those finger prints of your window. This way they could be saved and could be compared with other apes/primates.  Is it not Chillcut the person who I think his name is the one who does this kind a of stuff? That's some good stuff. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, NatFoot said:

Ok. I will bite.

How did it make itself known to you guys?

As I was getting water , a lady began screaming  it walks it walks  the man w her barking at her  to be quiet -  When I turned  to see what was going on - it was walking away from me at about 50 yds  and watched it walk away and stop and turn around  look back at me -This is why I Know this was a male - Meanwhile the folks took off in their station wagon spitting stones and dirt ,dust  and then meandored back into the trees and  he hopped the fence 

We have had many encounters  @ the property and near there !

• gigantor featured this topic

Great story. The distance, and the fact that it didn't seem scary to you, mirrors my own sighting in about '78, here in BC.

• Upvote 2

On 2/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, Lamplight said:

0526180627.jpg

This reminds me of when we were camping near the Alleghany National Forest...

My wife and I, along with a second couple, were sharing a 3 room tent.

About 20 minutes after we went to bed something began pushing on the outer wall of the tent. We looked outside and saw nothing. A few minutes later, it happened again and we unzipped the window flap and shined a flashlight around again... nothing. Unbelievablyit happened a third time, before things quieted down for the night.

I can't say the experience was bigfoot related, but we didn't hear anything approaching or leaving. Whatever it was, it was silent and the whole experience was very odd all things considered.FB_IMG_1643998158658.jpg.7d3cef642792e5e64aef392e1bbc3623.jpg

• Upvote 2

^^^^^  'Window flap' activity: if the window flap is on the exterior and anchors at the top, and you have an excellent bug sctreen, insert metal or plastic rods into the lower margin of the window flap for weight.  Leave the window flap unzipped. You will be posturing for the 'window flap lifting and dropping manuever'. The weighted lower margin helps to make 'the drop' noisey. You will wake up.

Depending on the window height above ground, a visitor could be human, animal or other.  Bears will sniff a new tent that has 'new tent smell'.

4 hours ago, Hoekler73 said:

unzipped the window flap and shined a flashlight around again... nothing

I have 'puck' sized battery powered LED lights with remote control. I set them up with attachment points via hook and loop tape. Hit the remote and freak out a dark adapted animal and create small area lighting for observation or leaving the tent during darkness.

• Upvote 1

^^^^ One of my GF's friends (since college) lives nearby.   Very nice person but she's a bit of a .. geek :) .. so much so that she has her white mini-van decked out like a Star Trek shuttlecraft including graphics and stickers on the pain.   It's a great camping rig .. if you're about 5'1" tall.   She's got 6-8 motion sensor lights that mount to the car magnetically at night so anything / anyone approaching her vehicle gets lit up.    They work.  The stray cats around the campground we stayed at last fall kept setting them off .. they're very bright and rather irritating for those of us tent camping nearby.  

MIB

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^^^  'Window flap' activity: if the window flap is on the exterior and anchors at the top, and you have an excellent bug sctreen, insert metal or plastic rods into the lower margin of the window flap for weight.  Leave the window flap unzipped. You will be posturing for the 'window flap lifting and dropping manuever'. The weighted lower margin helps to make 'the drop' noisey. You will wake up.

Depending on the window height above ground, a visitor could be human, animal or other.  Bears will sniff a new tent that has 'new tent smell'.

That's not a bad idea, but the tent want new and the nylon material flaps are inside the tent, with nylon mesh on the exterior. (The dual zippers are on the side with velcro) we would unzip them and look out, but the noise gave whatever it was time to move off....

22 minutes ago, MIB said:

^^^^ One of my GF's friends (since college) lives nearby.   Very nice person but she's a bit of a .. geek :) .. so much so that she has her white mini-van decked out like a Star Trek shuttlecraft including graphics and stickers on the pain.   It's a great camping rig .. if you're about 5'1" tall.   She's got 6-8 motion sensor lights that mount to the car magnetically at night so anything / anyone approaching her vehicle gets lit up.    They work.  The stray cats around the campground we stayed at last fall kept setting them off .. they're very bright and rather irritating for those of us tent camping nearby.  

MIB

I'd be attacking trail cams to the sides of the van lol. I've often considered doing this on cabins or tents we stay in to record activity... worth a shot right?

• gigantor unfeatured this topic