How Many Members have had a sighting/experience?

DrBunsonHoneyDew

13 hours ago, Doug said:

A buddy and I go hunting and decide to hike in at night to do some elk bugling and a large boulder was THROWN at us.

Did you think it was trying to hit you and missed or just thrown near you to get you to leave?

13 hours ago, Doug said:

Another buddy and I go hunting in an area far from anywhere I had the experiences and we hear EXTREMELY loud roars similar to an African lion.

I know someone who heard growls closeby and after listening to sound files said a male African lion was the closest to what he heard.

13 hours ago, Doug said:

But, I really don't want to read too much into it other than sometimes unexplainable things happen.

You've had enough happen to earn the right to read whatever you want into it.

The boulder was not intended to hit us. It landed edge with a thud on the edge of the cliff we were sitting on and destroyed a stump as it rolled over the cliff and landed in the creek below. It was a large rock I believe that was easily over a hundred pounds.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:47 PM, DrBunsonHoneyDew said:

Care to go into detail? 

I have become fascinated with Bigfoot of late and would love to know if anyone has actually gone out searching for Bigfoot with success? 

I am in Mass which isnt the best BF sighting territory, but ive been hiking a lot lately hoping in the back of my mind something happens. 

I am excited to be apart of this community and reading all these posts have only help confirm what I already believe. 

I have had a handful over the last 20 years starting in a couple encounters around the Round Valley reservoir in NJ and then to my great shock a few years later to the woods around my new house in NC.  This is not my report but I suspect it is the same BF that was killing dear and making a commotion at night near my house in Hunterdon County NJ.

https://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=20608

My NC encounters are only in the late spring to mid-fall so I suspect they are using the rivers near me as migration routes from their summer mountain territories to other hunting grounds mid-state when the weather gets colder.  I do not go searching for them but tend to trip over them every year or so hiking in the woods and wetlands around me with my dogs.  I have developed a way to kind of track them which I have been working on the last couple of years that does not involve foot prints since the floor of our woods is 100% covered in vegetation and leaves.

Good Luck,

• Upvote 1

if Bigfoot travels by streams, doesn’t that tell us we should focus trail camera efforts on rivers and streams?

I do not own nor interact with trail cameras in any way but I would assume Rivera and streams should be a standard place already, right?  All animals need water, if your looking at local fauna the watering hole seems natural.  IDK, maybe not? 🤷

16 hours ago, NCBFr said:

I have developed a way to kind of track them which I have been working on the last couple of years that does not involve foot prints since the floor of our woods is 100% covered in vegetation and leaves.

Would you mind sharing your way of tracking?

5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Work in progress but yes I will share in the not too distant future.  I am not happy with my pics and I know this is a demanding team:}

2 hours ago, NCBFr said:

Work in progress but yes I will share in the not too distant future.  I am not happy with my pics and I know this is a demanding team:}

8 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I have some tracking skills on these creatures that I use that works. Once I fine a footprint, i will search for another footprint. Once I have two prints in a row I can now track what ever made it. I tag one print with a survey flag at the heel. I will then tag the second track with a survey flag. String the two flags together and start my tracking. I will rotate the flag until I find the next heel. It is not a proven method but it works for me. Sometimes you will get those sort tracks, where you will have to start looking for sign again. but the stride will stay the same if the creature is moving at a certain pace.  

In 20 years and maybe 8-10 encounters I have run across one track way that cannot be explained and if it is BF it was a Juvy playing in the edge of the water.  Just too much stuff on the ground in my neck of the woods.

Headed out for a week, I will try and pull my thoughts and limited pic together when I get back.  

13 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

It is not a proven method but it works for me.

If it works for you, it is a proven method.

• Thanks 1

I had a possible sighting several years ago cant recall the exact year.

But the one that I know deep inside was an actual sasquatch was the howl.  I was sitting at home, around 12:30 am.  Watching tv as Im a night owl.  This was maybe 10 or so years ago.  I reported both experiences to a bigfoot reporting place, cant recall exactly who but I will try to find out as they must have kept records of reported events.

Anyway I was sitting in my livingroom, it was most likely summertime. I heard this exceptionally loud howl which was very close to my house and gave me goosebumps all over.  Living in a rural area im very used to what owls sound like, coyotes and vixens.  I went online and found audio clips of every animal sound for animals in my area.  Nothing matched.  Then I found a website that had audioclips of sasquatch recordings.  A few were a bit similar but there was one recording that was the EXACT match... some "moan howl".  Maybe from a sierra recording?  

But still, its my experience and no witnesses so what could I do?  I reported it and am interested in the subject...  thank you 

• Upvote 2