What do you think Bigfoot is?

Bigfoot Gumbo

6 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Not all of these Sasquatch are massive and not just because they are not full grown.

The phrasing here suggests you've thought about the "why".   I may be mistaken, of course.   Do you think this is because of wide variation withiin one species or because there are more than one species, maybe existing cooperatively?   Or something else ... ?

MIB

• Like 1

BFF Patron

I do believe we are looking at individual variation and maybe differing genus  like trout populations in the east and west for instance based on possibly regional influences/barriers, but many of these guys may be trim like the most athletic NFL linebackers; I suspect you could call many of them massive. 

The way sasquatch have been viewed hauling away white-tails, razorbacks and elk I would say they have muscle mass above and beyond for sure in many cases.  I was more talking height here than anything.  My night-time education involved a 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 footer and I did not get the impression it was a juvenile sent on a counting coup adventure to directly approach me.  It was not alone that night though and two others may have been on a counting coup mission.  Aging in sasquatch is a little too far out there for me and others to probably speak to however.  Based on some TN sightings they do suffer from bone infections or strokes, probably dental problems just like humans.   

I'm primarily in the southern appalachians now and have given thought as to how a wide body, tall sasquatch fits nicely in the North Cascades but maybe not so much in the Blue Ridge, having spent some time on both coasts now. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

There is little likelihood that BF populations in the Appalachians and PWN have intersected since the European settlers surged Westward.     They probably did not before that either because of the distances involved and isolation by the great American plains.       In other words there are now pockets of diverse populations of BF that have several  and perhaps hundreds of generations of genetic isolation.     One can expect increasing genetic diversity and differences in appearance between distantly isolated groups.    Perhaps the ones in Florida were isolated first because of the flow of settlement in the East Coast?     The last to be isolated would be the ones in the PNW since that is were European settlement happened last.     Just that might explain why those in the PNW may be more genetically healthy because interchange of individuals could still be conducted between various BF tribes.   Genetic health would promote less genetic deviation and differences in appearance.    

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I am convinced that there are pockets of sasquatch populations that are slowly dying out. The obvious places where that is likely are Florida and the Texas/Louisiana area.

BFF Patron

Huntster,   Florida, Texas, and Louisiana while temperate are tough environments because of mosquito born illness and frequent hurricanes.    You could be entirely right.     

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Huntster,   Florida, Texas, and Louisiana while temperate are tough environments because of mosquito born illness and frequent hurricanes.    You could be entirely right.     

But just about every state has either that or Tick related illnesses, so it would seem to be a broader basis than just those states.

BFF Patron

Just about every state has hurricanes??????    

BFF Patron

I have lived in Florida a couple of times and of course visited many times.    The most striking thing about Florida to me is that it has no large trees.   They cannot be large with the frequent hurricanes.   Swamp apes probably die in large numbers every hurricane just from being hit by trees.  

BFF Patron

Alligators would quickly take care of bodies.      After hurricanes human interest is looking for human victims in populated areas.   No one has the interest or time to be plodding around in swamps and woods looking for dead animals.  

BFF Patron

I forgot about the wild hogs.   In that climate everything rots very fast too.       Assuming my suspicion than  BF tends to their dead,   some sort of natural calamity where BF die away from relatives is probably the best shot we have to get a body or a skeleton.     Avalanches,   tree blow downs,  rock falls,  flash floods,  forest fires,   are all such events.     We just have to brave the elements and law enforcement in some cases to get in these areas and look.     Sure makes more sense than trying to catch up with something that does not want to be found and walks twice as fast as we do.