What do you think Bigfoot is?

Bigfoot Gumbo

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

I am convinced that there are pockets of sasquatch populations that are slowly dying out. The obvious places where that is likely are Florida and the Texas/Louisiana area.

Huntster

Don't you know that Bigfoot is a large mystical creature that roams our fricken forest. A creature that can pop in and out of time anywhere he likes when ever he wants. Nah ! They are around it's just that they do not like us and know that we are hunting them. So they are just staying clear of us.  There is no majik in knowing this since this is normal for a creature that has a brain. Who understands that it has been being searched after for ages. It just that it has learned how to hide better.

16 hours ago, starchunk said:

Based on what?

Well Florida is a damned busy and densely populated peninsula whose human population hasxexploded like a nuclear warhead in the past century. One way in and out, and that area is densely populated, too. 

The Texas/Louisiana/Arkansas/Oklahoma border corner is also geographically isolated by open prairie to the north, the Gulf to the south, and desert to the southwest. It is simply good habitat surrounded by poor habitat. 

Before you shoot off as you are so wont to do, ask yourself why black bears are in similar endangered densities in those areas.

14 hours ago, starchunk said:

But just about every state has either that or Tick related illnesses, so it would seem to be a broader basis than just those states.

The Pacifjc Northwest doesn't have hurricanes, and at least as far north as southeast Alaska, there are few to no ticks.

13 hours ago, Twist said:

I’m thinking he was referring to mosquitoes since he also referenced ticks.   

Alaska is full of mosquitos, but they do not carry diseases.

BFF Patron

There are ticks in Washington State but I have yet to get one.     Tick and mosquito born illnesses are more common South and East of the PNW.    Our summers are very dry which discourage mosquito reproduction,    and our winters are cold and wet enough to discourage both ticks and mosquitos.       That makes the PNW environment probably the best area in the country for BF.  

Definitely ticks here in Oregon as well. I've gotten two of them this season in my quests, both from the Coast range, not the Cascades. I usually just dig them out with a sharp knife. Both of these ones dropped out of trees and got under my clothes. One on my belly, and one on my butt cheek. Same trip. I hate ticks. No Lyme disease here (yet) to worry about. 

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.........Our summers are very dry which discourage mosquito reproduction,    and our winters are cold and wet enough to discourage both ticks and mosquitos.       That makes the PNW environment probably the best area in the country for BF.  

Not to mention the thick, tall, and dense forest and high rainfall.

2 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Definitely ticks here in Oregon as well. I've gotten two of them this season in my quests, both from the Coast range, not the Cascades. I usually just dig them out with a sharp knife. Both of these ones dropped out of trees and got under my clothes. One on my belly, and one on my butt cheek. Same trip. I hate ticks. No Lyme disease here (yet) to worry about. 

Ticks are common here, especially in tall grass and bushes.    I am a bit paranoid about them.   My father picked one up 10-15 years back in Curry County (SW corner of Oregon for those not familiar with the state) and was diagnosed with Lyme disease not long after.   He still has residual arthritic symptoms but didn't get it real real bad.    Not to be messed with.   

My GF has a hay field and some acres of wooded grassland.   I've gotten a couple working around her place.   Our spring theme song is "ticks" by Brad Paisley.   :)   

The coast range has some mosquitoes in pockets but generally not bad.   The Cascades in my area ... Crater Lake and south ... are a mosquito-infested nightmare during the month or so following snow melt-off when the little b*st*rds are hatching in the mud at the end of melting drifts and in the remaining tarns and small marshes.    I truly don't know how the PCT thru-hikers survive but I think I know why they hike so fast.  :)  There have been a few cases of mosquito-borne disease transmission here, not like the tropics, but non-zero.    I generally wear a flannel shirt treated with permethrin, a bug bucket, mesh mittens, and a mesh jacket with a hood pulled up over the bug bucket to keep them away from my ears when I hike the Cascades from roughly early June to mid August depending on the year.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NorthWind said:

I contracted Lyme disease in 2005 that went unchecked until 2007 when the doctors finally figured it out. This was several miles west of Salem Oregon. Lyme is here too. I have the physical problems to remind of it.

Spoiler

As someone that picked Lyme in the past I concur.  It was 3 days of hell before diagnosed and a lifetime for some people.

On 9/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, bipedalist said:

The way sasquatch have been viewed hauling away white-tails, razorbacks and elk I would say they have muscle mass above and beyond for sure in many cases. 

Muscle mass may be only part of the answer:

"Our surplus motor neurons allow us to engage smaller portions of our muscles at any given time. We can engage just a few muscle fibers for delicate tasks like threading a needle, and progressively more for tasks that require more force. Conversely, since chimps have fewer motor neurons, each neuron triggers a higher number of muscle fibers. So using a muscle becomes more of an all-or-nothing proposition for chimps. As a result, chimps often end up using more muscle than they need. "

This also may explain their lack of tools beyond sticks and stones.

• Upvote 3

I think Bigfoot is a Nephilim, a demonically possessed or Djinn possesed being or entity.

I know that you guys do not want to hear that, because I have been reading your post in the rest of the forum, but my belief is based on a terrifying encounter I had in my tree stand. I had a telepathic conversation with this entity, haha , now you think i'm ready for the nut house, but that's ok.  I have nothing to gain and everything to loose by saying this, so take your best shot at me if you are so closed minded. I feel like people have the right to know, what these creatures really are, I don't think it is right for some of you guys to be charging others to take them out into the woods to look for demonic entities unless they know what they are paying to go look for, or to see little old ladies running around in the woods looking for these creatures in the middle of the night, or towns naming them selves after these demonic creatures. I saw a town changed its name to Bigfoot, I bet they would not change their towns name to demonville. 

It is also very scary for me to see that these creatures are hanging out at the edge of the woods in our towns, and cites. You are probably saying to yourself at this point that I am a nut or a religious nut, and I will tell you that I rarely go to church, but I am very spiritual. 

Admin
33 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Whether it's here or in another part of the forum.

I think the members sightings thread would be appropriate.

• Upvote 1

SWWASAS   "Perhaps the ones in Florida were isolated first because of the flow of settlement in the East Coast?   The last to be isolated

would be the ones in the PNW since that is were European settlement happened last."

Not exactly. In high school history, I was taught that it was primarily the British who settled American.  That teaching is biased & very wrong.

The Spanish & Portuguese came long before the Brits; they settled in Mexico. Then they spread north into California, building missions along

the way. No doubt they also moved south into Panama & Brazil. I believe there was also a Viking colony in eastern Canada: Newfoundland,

Nova Scotia,  eastern Quebec, etc. 

Western Bigfoots have known about us for centuries.

Edited by Oonjerah
correct punctuation

7 hours ago, Oonjerah said:

.......Western Bigfoots have known about us for centuries.

Not to mention native Americans. Sasquatches have been living alongside homo sapiens for hundreds of thousands of years.........even before their original migration out of Africa.

BFF Patron

The Spanish were in the Carribean before Mexico.    They were chasing Mayan gold throughout the Americas including well up into the central US.    You were right in that they were in Florida 300 years before the English.   St Augustine Florida is the oldest established city in North America founded in 1562 by the Spanish.     There is considerable evidence that Europeans were in North America even before the Bearing Land bridge migration 14,000 years ago.    The Vikings were relative late comers.    Most of what I was taught about this stuff in school was wrong.   Part of the problem is that coastal settlements on both coasts during the ice age are now under 100+.  Feet of water.