What do you think Bigfoot is?

Bigfoot Gumbo

I personally think they are a hominid branch that split off from our ancestors quite some time ago, but has developed some fascinating adaptations to being nocturnal ambush predators (possible infrasound, whatever is going on with the reported “glow” from their eyes, etc)

BFF Patron

Yours a

14 hours ago, Aemon said:

I personally think they are a hominid branch that split off from our ancestors quite some time ago, but has developed some fascinating adaptations to being nocturnal ambush predators (possible infrasound, whatever is going on with the reported “glow” from their eyes, etc)

Yours and previous posts got me thinking.  What if BF made the Bearing crossing not in the last ice age but the previous one.    Since ice ages last about 100,000 years with 15,000 between that would mean BF could have been genetically isolated from the human ancestor family for 215,000 years.    That is long enough for a great deal of diversity in morphology.     Perhaps they had begun the traverse north out of Asia at the beginning of the previous ice age getting more hair and more robust as they moved into northern latitudes and getting more different than their South Asian cousins.    At the end of the previous ice age they had about 15,000 years in North America before the next ice age, our last one.   During that,  lacking fire,  their hairy bodies and bulk would be promoted by the cold conditions.    When modern humans  arrived at the end of the last ice age humans would have much different morphology than the BF whose adaptations were environmentally driven and genetically isolated.    Their human cousins had discovered fire,  winter clothing, and use of more advanced tools during the isolation and had no need for hairy bodies and bulk.     So hybridization might be possible but we see little evidence of it in the way of progeny other than reports than some BF look more human than others.    With the NA legends of abduction,    progeny would be rare,   Have to have attributes of BF to survive,  since those naked and more human like would not survive the winters.   That could explain pockets oF BF that look more human if some hybrid progeny survive and are blended into a tribes genetic pool.   Those BF may be virtually indistinguishable from human DNA since hybrids would fill in the genetic isolation gap.    That alone could explain the DNA paradox.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, SWWASAS said:

My experience with them indicate some level of intelligence above chimpanzee:    Indicators of possible language or perhaps some understanding of ours.   We know that dogs around humans know a lot of our language.   That has been demonstrated with experiments so should not be too surprising for BF who spend a lot of time near humans

I could imagine that the words they hear most are some sort "colorful" language that we so eloquently shout upon seeing them! I would count on a repertoire of cuss words 😁

If I'd known I was going to be called "uneducated" on a subject/ area filled with mostly self proclaimed experts because i used "him" in a paragraph typed on my phone I would not have bothered to share an honest opinion in good faith. 

Edited by Shelly
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Shelly said:

If I'd known I was going to be called "uneducated" on a subject/ area filled with mostly self proclaimed experts because i used "him" in a paragraph typed on my phone I would not have bothered to share an honest opinion in good faith. 

I enjoyed your post and thought it was a good descriptor of the beast.... whatever it is. 😊

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, Madison5716 said:

I could imagine that the words they hear most are some sort "colorful" language that we so eloquently shout upon seeing them! I would count on a repertoire of cuss words 😁

Some of my favorite videos on YouTube are parrots and mynas speaking what people have taught them. Any such bird spending any time in a pet shop will end up with a sailors vocabulary in short order.

10 hours ago, Shelly said:

My apologies. You struck a cord and memories of very uneducated people asking, "do you believe HE is real?!?".

If it was a singular he or she...it's magic or a demon, or not real.

• Upvote 1

Hi, Shelly and welcome!

It's always weird to me when someone says, "Wait, you mean there's more than one?!" . Like it's a not a real species that inhabits a wide variety of habitats on different continents, with recorded encounters happening over centuries. Yes, Karen, there is a Bigfoot SPECIES, with more evidence than most people know. Then you know you're speaking with someone who has never given the topic a second thought, and barely a first. Use baby steps, then.

BFF Patron
On 9/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, Madison5716 said:

Not from me.   I speak to them with as much respect as I can muster.   Having been close enough a couple of times to hear them move about,   they sound like a bipedal tank moving through the woods when they are not in their stealth mode.   As I have said, I talk to them as an equal.    They may not be equal intellectually or understand me but that gives them due respect if they can understand anything.   Just my tone of voice should show that I am not going to do anything dangerous like shoot at them.    I am careful who I do field work with because if someone gets scared enough, things could go south quickly.  

There are those that just wait for the opportunity to strike over such trivial matters. It sometimes happens. Hope you're not too discouraged over it. Sad thing is the spirit of one's post gets overlooked. In truth I've not seem much if any call out in terms of BF gender usage so don't worry about it.....It was a good post :) 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, Shelly said:

Only self proclaimed experts on this forum are a few resident skeptics that "know" what they cannot know.      I openly proclaim that I know less over time in that what I thought was simple subject at first.   Compounding this is trying to determine behavior of probably the most elusive land creature on the planet.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I openly proclaim that I know less over time in that what I thought was simple subject at first.   Compounding this is trying to determine behavior of probably the most elusive land creature on the planet

Absolutely!