What do you think Bigfoot is?

Bigfoot Gumbo

What do you think Bigfoot is? Do you feel it's flesh and blood? Supernatural? Something else? Many different theories are out there, what do you think?

13 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Flesh and blood primate. Like us, one of the great apes.

Other than being bipedal, what traits are like us?  What is your take on all the other cryptid characters that display similar traits, some physical, some behavioral, equally intrusive and mysterious? Maybe some variety of ancient primate lineage exists but how would weird cryptids be explained?  Bigfoot is currently grouped in the same category as all the other cryptozoology, unverified species.

Patty's flat face, the movement of her arms while striding away, the craning of her neck during the look-back sequence, all indicate great ape. A close relative of sapiens.

I don't care to speculate on other cryptids.

• Upvote 1

A rare and dying out species of the genus homo.

39 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Other than being bipedal, what traits are like us?.......

Mostly foot and hand morphology and oral speech.

........What is your take on all the other cryptid characters that display similar traits, some physical, some behavioral, equally intrusive and mysterious? Maybe some variety of ancient primate lineage exists but how would weird cryptids be explained?.......

The only reason why sasquatches are tied with cryptid creatures is because it is said to still exist, yet no recent fossils have been found. Even the discussion about no fossils in the New World doesn't take into account the refusal to accept these things in Asia.

Edited by Huntster

BFF Patron

Too smart for a great ape.  Has to be a Homo relict or offbranch of some sort.  

40 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Patty's flat face, the movement of her arms while striding away, the craning of her neck during the look-back sequence, all indicate great ape. A close relative of sapiens.

I don't care to speculate on other cryptids.

There are several varieties of the species "bigfoot" that can be classified as cryptids. Most have similarities to the classic BF this board mostly refers to. BUT, enough of a difference that makes it very curious just how many sub species there are. 

Don't want to be disagreeable with you but there is very little Homo sapien in Patty . If we can see the face without the hair as Doug Hajicek (and others) have computer modeled, that would be one very mutated Homo sapien. The arm swinging doesn't have to be great ape, as there are far more differences in physiology with known great ape members than similarities.

28 minutes ago, Huntster said:

A rare and dying out species of the genus homo.

Mostly foot and hand morphology and oral speech.

The only reason why sasquatches are tied with cryptid creatures is because it is said to still exist, yet no recent fossils have been found. Even the discussion about no fossils in the New World doesn't take into account the refusal to accept these things in Asia.

The morphology similarity is evident but with mutations (not evolutionary IMO). Oral speech I would not agree.  They can imitate anything it seems but having natural human speech doesn't seem to align with what they have shown us with their lung power. A creature capable of that doesn't speak like we do by default (my non credentialed scientific opinion).

There's a lot more to the cryptid phenomena that groups all of these creatures together (the land ones, not loch ness, dactyls, etc.).

Not sure I follow your Asia comment.

Edited by Arvedis

Flesh and blood, with a little something else mixed in. I don't know what that something else is, just got the feeling there is more to it than what meets the eye.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Arvedis, do you know where I could find Doug Hajicek's model?  I agree with you Doug, seems like something else is going on.

Edited by Bigfoot Gumbo

14 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

.........The morphology similarity is evident but with mutations (not evolutionary IMO)........

I think there are significant differences along with the similarities, especially with the foot. Toe flexibility along with tarsal articulation come to mind.

.........Oral speech I would not agree.  They can imitate anything it seems but having natural human speech doesn't seem to align with what they have shown us with their lung power. A creature capable of that doesn't speak like we do by default (my non credentialed scientific opinion).........

The Ostman testimony and Sierra Sounds evidence (among much other testimony) strongly point toward a unique speech capability. 

........Not sure I follow your Asia comment.

Unlike the New World, there is lots of fossil evidence of bipedal apes in Asia in the past. But that doesn't result in skeptics admitting any possibility of sasquatch creatures still existing in Asia.

I didn't proclaim Patty sapiens, but rather a close relative. At least as close as gorillas or even chimpanzees.

38 minutes ago, Bigfoot Gumbo said:

Arvedis, do you know where I could find Doug Hajicek's model?  I agree with you Doug, seems like something else is going on.

I downloaded it from his web site a few years ago and still have it. I will presume since he offered it freely that it can be redistributed (see attached).  I believe it is also part of the Legend Meets Science film/DVD. I have not checked where that can be seen but try the usual places. Also try some combination web searches like doug Hajicek digital study patty.

Hajicek_digitalstudy.pdf

Edited by Arvedis