Honobia, OK Bigfoot Festival and Conference

OkieFoot

The annual Bigfoot Festival and Conference in Honobia, OK (LeFlore, Co.) will be held on Oct. 4-5. Among the speakers will be M.K. Davis, Igor Bourtsev and R. Scott Nelson who is a retired naval Crypto-Linguist.

https://www.honobiabigfoot.com/

Below is a link to a video someone in the media did about Honobia and Bigfoot. The link will bring up a page from Travelok; scroll down until you see the squares of pictures; click on the one at the upper left corner that shows the shoulders and head of a Bigfoot. Then just click on the very small arrow at the bottom left corner.

If you're hungry, go to the 2:21 mark of the video and see what the most popular order is at the local cafe. It will almost make you want to attend. 

https://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.21807

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Admin

firefox_2019-09-07_10-34-15.png

1745501115_honobiacafe.thumb.JPG.f3950343ad7df2f5d482cc356da6d781.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody from here gonna be there? Am only able to go Saturday but really looking forward to hearing Ron Morehead & Scott Nelson speak, among others....my first BF event...

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well for my first official BF event, Honobia was interesting, even though I had to wait all day for what I considered to be the best part, Morehead & Scott Nelson were the last to speak, but worth the wait. The rest of it (outside festival) was kind of like a country carnival, colorful & something for everybody. (I was there mostly for the speakers) I thought it very cool to see at the end, the 4 main speakers on stage together: Morehead, Nelson, Igor Burtsev & M. K. Davis. I only wished that M.K. had spoken about the PGF analysis but his road trip to Bluff Creek was interesting to tag along on. Igor's enthusiasm is pretty contagious, really passionate, & even with his strong accent spoke slowly enough that he was understood for the most part.  Most memorable moment: hearing the auditorium filled with the Sierra Sounds right off the bat (Nelson on stage, his intro, it came out of "no-where"!) at who-knows-how-many-decibels...rattled everybody to the core!  (now I can die sublime...)

• Upvote 3

On 9/7/2019 at 9:14 AM, OkieFoot said:

1745501115_honobiacafe.thumb.JPG.f3950343ad7df2f5d482cc356da6d781.JPG

As far as burgers go, that one doesn't look too appetizing.  I'd eat it anyway if I was in Honobia and had to eat something.  Is that roast beef or bacon? 

• Haha 1

Arvedis, that other meat is actually ham. It's supposed to be a cross between a hamburger and a ham and swiss. I don't how someone came up with the idea to combine those two.

I'm betting Igor Bourtsev doesn't see food like this in Russia.

On 10/30/2019 at 6:14 AM, OkieFoot said:

Arvedis, that other meat is actually ham. It's supposed to be a cross between a hamburger and a ham and swiss. I don't how someone came up with the idea to combine those two.

I'm betting Igor Bourtsev doesn't see food like this in Russia.

I love food experimentation so I give the inventor credit for trying.  I bet it can be perfected with a nicer slab of beef, some fresh lettuce (I am in California where we are spoiled with boutique veggies), and a better choice of roll like...sourdough!.

As for Igor, I wonder if he is in retirement since he spends so much time in the U.S. They call themselves "The Hominology Team" with Janice Carter and the woman of many aliases who was Ketchum's PR person and now she does PR on facebook for Igor's conference activities (and I believe is his driver to those conferences as well).

Edited by Arvedis