JustAGuy

A new first gen. copy of the PGF film may have been discovered

Bill

The single most telling aspect of Mr. Johnson's described policy about this copy of the PGf is that he doesn't want it properly analyzed. Instead, he wants to hide it from analysis. If he really had confidence the film was a hoax, he should be confident the proof is within the film, and if he believes he has the original (which he almost certainly doesn't), then he should want it properly analyzed so it may prove the hoax he imagines. I've read posts by other skeptics who think the original is hidden because it will prove a hoax. This gentleman seems to be taking the point of view that the film must be hidden from proper analysis, so the myth of a hoax can be perpetuated.

Unfortunately, his actions will more likely insure that his copy will simply be forgotten, as insignificant to the PGF mystery and research effort.

• Upvote 1

OldMort

I think this guy is just seeking some attention or notoriety.

He mentioned that he was surprised about the "silence of the bigfoot community" so far and then took a nasty shot at the BFF in particular.

Unless he can provide any evidence and soon, I have to conclude that his story is a hoax.

• Upvote 2

Bill

I don't doubt that he has a real copy of the film. But it likely isn't the original, as there are just too many holes in the story and description. So I'm not sure hoax is the proper way to describe his claim. To me, misguided is the more operative word.

But it was funny how he went on about the kodachrome processing, and was describing things that even the most imaginative person in this forum has never claimed about bootleg and home/garage processing options. Bottom line is the film was processed perfectly, by some facility that had the right machine, the right chemicals, and the right knowledge to do it perfectly. He seems to want to entertain a more fanciful scenario.

• Upvote 2

Twist

I agree, given the circumstances and available information, its points towards a misidentification and/or a hoax.    

I'm curious about SY's analysis of the timing.    We'll see what he comes up with.   😅

SweatyYeti

^

The film was most definitely shot later than 1:30 PM.

See if you can figure out how that can be determined....(from data contained within the film images, plus a little bit of outside data.)

We'll wait.....for a long time.  🤣  

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

So, the owner of this alleged "Original Reel", is John Johnsen....who just happens to have been the co-Producer and co-Director....(along with Tom "There's a Bigfoot in my freezer!!" Biscardi)...

Biscardi-Brains1-E.jpg

….of the pathetic documentary..."Hoax Of The Century"...which supposedly exposes the "PGF hoax". 

This guy just happens to have stumbled across the Patterson Film "original reel".  Yeah….right. 

He has co-produced a documentary which is full of BS.....co-produced by good ol' Tom Biscardi...who has had a few close brushes with BS, himself....not the least of which, was his "confirmation" that the Georgia Boys did, indeed, have a real, dead Bigfoot in their freezer. 

One other dubious aspect of this claim, is that...in 1980, Rene Dahinden and Bruce Bonney made the very high-quality Cibachrome copies from the original reel. But yet, John claims that the original reel is now in a highly-decayed/brittle/curled-up state.  

To me, that doesn't add-up. The decay rate of the film went from near-zero, as of 1980...to a highly accelerated rate of decay, since then?? 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Haha 3

ThinkAboutPools

Where did I read or see about a guy who received film from Mrs Patterson to scan in and analyze? I think it was a tv show and it was implied to me this was the best quality of the film in existence. I saw it a few years ago and may have the details all screwed up but I do specifically remember he received some film/video from Mrs Patterson.

Bill

Chances are you are thinking about me, since it was well publicized that in 2009, Mrs. Patterson let me scan her best archive copy of the film, and the effort to do so was filmed and featured on American Paranormal:Bigfoot Tv show. I did produce an image stabilized version of the film from those scans. I did the scan in the living room of her home, with her watching (although she never allowed the camera crew to film her personally).

ThinkAboutPools

That must have been it. Very cool! What do you suspect was her generation of film copy?

Incorrigible1

Bill, you are surely a boon to BFF and bigfoot research in general. Thank you, sir!

Bill

Think About Pools:

Mrs. Patterson's archive copy was a second generation copy, verified because the second date code found was 1978, and Roger made all his first gen copies in 1967.

Incorrigible 1

Thank you for your appreciation of my effort.

• Upvote 1

starchunk
On 9/21/2019 at 8:20 AM, SweatyYeti said:

So, the owner of this alleged "Original Reel", is John Johnsen....who just happens to have been the co-Producer and co-Director....(along with Tom "There's a Bigfoot in my freezer!!" Biscardi)...

Biscardi-Brains1-E.jpg

….of the pathetic documentary..."Hoax Of The Century"...which supposedly exposes the "PGF hoax". 

This guy just happens to have stumbled across the Patterson Film "original reel".  Yeah….right. 

He has co-produced a documentary which is full of BS.....co-produced by good ol' Tom Biscardi...who has had a few close brushes with BS, himself....not the least of which, was his "confirmation" that the Georgia Boys did, indeed, have a real, dead Bigfoot in their freezer. 

One other dubious aspect of this claim, is that...in 1980, Rene Dahinden and Bruce Bonney made the very high-quality Cibachrome copies from the original reel. But yet, John claims that the original reel is now in a highly-decayed/brittle/curled-up state.  

To me, that doesn't add-up. The decay rate of the film went from near-zero, as of 1980...to a highly accelerated rate of decay, since then?? 

Was reading about Johnsens film on Facebook today, the guy comes off like an old crank with an axe to grind, and his claim this is the original is at best, dubious. Screw him.

• Upvote 1

SackScratch

Something to consider... 

The Bigfoot Books Guy is telling everyone about this probable Hoax of Biscardi's buddy getting the original PG Film... Biscardi has a huge grudge against the Patterson Film and is also hooked up with the Bigfoot Books Guy!  In emails with the Bigfoot Books Guy he told me he was friends with Biscardi and carries all of his videos in his store!   

Think about that, his only Bigfoot DVD Collection for sale in his store (according to him) is Biscardi's Documentaries!!! I have his entire documentary collection, it consists of 2 Hoax Documentaries and the rest is him and his son investigating bogus Bigfoot reports and finding perfect Bigfoot prints all over the place at every location they show up at complete with perfect toes and midtarsal breaks of course! His other crap DVD's are Ivan Marx garbage of his wife running around in a goofy Bigfoot outfit!!!  Ivan Marx is Biscardi's mentor, he admits this in his Documentaries but he trashes the Patterson Film every chance he gets!

SackScratch
On 9/27/2019 at 10:07 PM, Bill said:

Chances are you are thinking about me, since it was well publicized that in 2009, Mrs. Patterson let me scan her best archive copy of the film, and the effort to do so was filmed and featured on American Paranormal:Bigfoot Tv show. I did produce an image stabilized version of the film from those scans. I did the scan in the living room of her home, with her watching (although she never allowed the camera crew to film her personally).

Any way to get a legit copy of that show?  Seems to have came and went and I can't track down a copy anywhere, all the YouTube versions got deleted for copyright issues but one new upload remains but likely won't last long but it won't allow download due to copyright but they won't release a dvd set of the program, I bet they'd sell lots of them if they did!

OldMort
5 hours ago, SackScratch said:

I have his entire documentary collection, it consists of 2 Hoax Documentaries and the rest is him and his son investigating bogus Bigfoot reports and finding perfect Bigfoot prints all over the place at every location they show up at complete with perfect toes and midtarsal breaks of course!

So why do you buy them?