Bigfoot Gumbo

Where is the original PGF?

Bigfoot Gumbo

I was surprised to hear on a recent episode of the Astonishing Legends podcast that the original PGF is missing and  it's exact location is unknown. Do any of you have any information on this?

If you haven't heard the six part series of the PGF on Astonishing Legends, you should give them a listen. They were outstanding!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

The camera original was last known to be in the possession of rene Dahinden and Bruce Bonney, around 1978-1980, when the Chibachrome prints were made from the original. It has been missing ever since.

Efforts to track it down have not been successful yet, but the search continues.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Bill, Thanks for the update. I remember watching a Bigfoot show that you were on and Mrs. Patterson allowed you to work with her first generation copy. 

That surprised me that she did not have the original. 

Bill

the original got separated from the Patterson family because it was on loan to A.N.E. company when Roger died, and I assume the family was simply far too busy dealing with his passing and funeral matters to think about the film. Then A.N.E.'s bankruptcy a few years later sent the original on it's very strange journey to places unknown.