Bigfoot Gumbo

Where is the original PGF?

Bigfoot Gumbo

I was surprised to hear on a recent episode of the Astonishing Legends podcast that the original PGF is missing and  it's exact location is unknown. Do any of you have any information on this?

If you haven't heard the six part series of the PGF on Astonishing Legends, you should give them a listen. They were outstanding!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

The camera original was last known to be in the possession of rene Dahinden and Bruce Bonney, around 1978-1980, when the Chibachrome prints were made from the original. It has been missing ever since.

Efforts to track it down have not been successful yet, but the search continues.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Bill, Thanks for the update. I remember watching a Bigfoot show that you were on and Mrs. Patterson allowed you to work with her first generation copy. 

That surprised me that she did not have the original. 

Bill

the original got separated from the Patterson family because it was on loan to A.N.E. company when Roger died, and I assume the family was simply far too busy dealing with his passing and funeral matters to think about the film. Then A.N.E.'s bankruptcy a few years later sent the original on it's very strange journey to places unknown.

SackScratch
On 9/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, Bill said:

the original got separated from the Patterson family because it was on loan to A.N.E. company when Roger died, and I assume the family was simply far too busy dealing with his passing and funeral matters to think about the film. Then A.N.E.'s bankruptcy a few years later sent the original on it's very strange journey to places unknown.

Yes, I heard that somewhere on one of my bigfoot dvd's or maybe several of them.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:47 AM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Bill, Thanks for the update. I remember watching a Bigfoot show that you were on and Mrs. Patterson allowed you to work with her first generation copy. 

That surprised me that she did not have the original. 

Can you remember the name of that documentary? I know I have it but can't recall the name of it. There's so many now made over the years that I have its hard to keep track of them... Once I've watched them all 10 times or more I'll have then tattooed on my brain and it'll be easier to remember one from another! 

The old ones are easy to remember but all the newer ones from say 2000 to 2019 are blurred together in my brain!!! 

Bill

The documentary program showing me scanning Patricia's copy is "American Paranormal: Bigfoot"

SackScratch
On 10/7/2019 at 2:45 PM, Bill said:

The documentary program showing me scanning Patricia's copy is "American Paranormal: Bigfoot"

Thanks, I flipped through my collection and found the dvd! Have so many I've put them in dvd organizers that are like flipping through a photo album.  

I bet there's been more Bigfoot Documentaries and TV Specials in the past 10 years than in the previous 40 with so many put out by UK and Canada now adding to the mix!

SackScratch

American Paranormal Bigfoot:

I never saw it for years until a buddy mailed me a copy, anyone know if they put out official dvd sets of all the episodes? Would like to see them all, according to google search they did many episodes on other creatures and UFO's, etc... 

Couldn't find it on ebay or amazon searches, not even for a download. Are dvd set sales so low that it's not worth putting out sets anymore?? But I go to Walmart and they have a whole section of Ancient Aliens and Walking Dead DVD Sets for sale!!! 

Can anyone help me out with links to the best websites that have Bigfoot Lectures available for sale on dvd? 

One last thing... In "Sasquatch Odyssey" DVD they show Grover Krantz trying to give a lecture on the PG Film and René Dahinden interrupts him from the audience, I've heard this lecture is impossible to find but obviously someone was filming it or it wouldn't be in that documentary! Anyone here of it floating around on dvd?

SackScratch
On 9/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, Bill said:

I've seen Bob Gimlin say that Roger pulled out another roll of film after the film ran out filming Patty to film the trackway and those brief trackway and plaster casting clips shown in old Bigfoot Documentaries and in your YouTube videos. What ever happened to that reel of film and the complete footage? Obviously those documentary producers got ahold of it or it would be in their documentaries, was it lost to the cutting room floors forever?

Bill

Roger's second reel has a somewhat mysterious history. So far, we have only found about 25% of the reel footage (assuming the various footage segments, the trackway, Roger casting a footprint, and Roger holding two casts while standing by a tree) are truly from that second reel. But 75% of the footage is absent with no proper explanation. One story is Mrs. Patterson loaned the BBC in London the reel and it was never returned. But All the known copy actions and distribution to documentary companies occurred before Roger passed away and Patricia took over licensing the film for documentary usage. John Green and Rene Dahinden got Roger's footage to copy in November 1967, and they copied the three segments (trackway, casting, and posing with casts), so we must wonder why they didn't copy the full second reel as they copied the full first reel.

So the second reel topic is clouded in mysteries and questions, with pathetically few reliable answers.

SweatyYeti

Enter….kitakaze…

PGF scholars such as Bill Munns believe that the second reel is lost. The second reel is not lost. I have found it. Only myself and a small handful of people have knowledge about the true fate of the second reel and exactly what it shows.

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/7117-pattys-feetand-the-footprints/page/39/?tab=comments#comment-568266

Bill, would you consider contacting kit....and asking him for this "secret info", that he....."has"?? 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

Incorrigible1

Attention-craving maroon.

Bill
48 minutes ago, SweatyYeti said:

Enter….kitakaze…

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/7117-pattys-feetand-the-footprints/page/39/?tab=comments#comment-568266

Bill, would you consider contacting kit....and asking him for this "secret info", that he....."has"?? 

I haven't been in contact with Kit in several years, but I vaguely recall some discussion about it, and I wasn't convinced he actually had it. Plus zero release of even a single frame to pique attention? And of course no revelations of any "proof of a hoax" from it, so I think the claim was incorrect (maybe relying on some one else's assurance of what it was,)

When someone claims to have found long lost and long sought evidence, and zero verification is revealed for years,  I think it's safe to say that the material isn't what was claimed.

norseman
25 minutes ago, Bill said:

I haven't been in contact with Kit in several years, but I vaguely recall some discussion about it, and I wasn't convinced he actually had it. Plus zero release of even a single frame to pique attention? And of course no revelations of any "proof of a hoax" from it, so I think the claim was incorrect (maybe relying on some one else's assurance of what it was,)

When someone claims to have found long lost and long sought evidence, and zero verification is revealed for years,  I think it's safe to say that the material isn't what was claimed.

Maybe the second reel is packed in the same crate as the long lost suit? A double “bombshell”!

• Thanks 1

SackScratch
1 hour ago, norseman said:

Maybe the second reel is packed in the same crate as the long lost suit? A double “bombshell”!

Thus far (almost 52 years) all the "Hoax Bombshells" on the PG Film have piled up into a Big Fat Steaming Pile of SkunkApe Turds!!

Some Fake News Network even stated that the PG Film "Suit" was found stuffed in a hollow tree noone seemed to notice as thousands of people rooted around in that area over 50+ years!