Is the US government actively trying to make the Sasquatch race extinct?

RedHawk454

I was thinking about this during the MK Davis thing about the US government killing them.  Theres a lot of theories out there about why the government would want to keep Sasquatch unacknowledged but the government cant decide what is real and what is not.  They can, however, "steer" public attention away from the ape and suppress any tangible evidence so the government can make the unacknowledgment of Sasquatch easier for them.

I was thinking that If there is  enough credible evidence that  comes from extremely reputable sources they can be forced to act but if something is out there it is there whether recognized or not.

Maybe Sasquatch is really on top of the food chain or can contend with humans in this regard.  WE like to be at the top of the food chain so it would make sense if the government was trying to make the species and divergent sub species extinct.  Maybe the government wants them to maintain a feeble breeding population

I don't know but maybe they are hoping for extinction and a lack of fossil evidence before that happens.

I kindof believe they would prefer the species goes extinct

Edited by RedHawk454

33 minutes ago, RedHawk454 said:

I was thinking about this during the MK Davis thing about the US government killing them.  Theres a lot of theories out there about why the government would want to keep Sasquatch unacknowledged but the government cant decide what is real and what is not.  They can, however, "steer" public attention away from the ape and suppress any tangible evidence so the government can make the unacknowledgment of Sasquatch easier for them.

I was thinking that If there is  enough credible evidence that  comes from extremely reputable sources they can be forced to act but if something is out there it is there whether recognized or not.

Maybe Sasquatch is really on top of the food chain or can contend with humans in this regard.  WE like to be at the top of the food chain so it would make sense if the government was trying to make the species and divergent sub species extinct.  Maybe the government wants them to maintain a feeble breeding population

I don't know but maybe they are hoping for extinction and a lack of fossil evidence before that happens.

I kindof believe they would prefer the species goes extinct

What is your theory on how any government entity would base their theories? Methods of tracking the species and scientific evaluation for making decisions? Is there an x files division who is taken at their word as far as providing recommendations on policy? 

7 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

What is your theory on how any government entity would base their theories? Methods of tracking the species and scientific evaluation for making decisions? Is there an x files division who is taken at their word as far as providing recommendations on policy

I'm sure there has been some levels of conflicts between the US government and Sasquatch, much like how there were ongoing conflicts with the Native Americans and the US Army. I'm sure there's shadow branches of government that deal with these things (Sasquatch, aliens, dangerous cryptids etc.) and recommend policy.  

BFF Patron

You have a good point.    The precedents were set with the NA.     If a tribe remained peaceful,  they might have been moved around but for the most part were left alone, with some exceptions.       If a tribe became belligerent and started attacking settlers,  the army was sent it to neutralize the threat.   Do not assume that tactic stopped in 1900.    We have recent incidents of heavy handed government intervention with US citizens groups where people were killed.    Relative to BF,   we do have rumors of the military being sent into areas.   Was that to neutralize a particular group of BF that have become dangerous and is killing humans?      I would suspect that the government, at this point,  has kept a lid on BF for so long,   they believe that they can continue the process until the species goes extinct.    That is likely inevitable anyway to a species that probably flourished during the last ice ace.    After extinction,   if a skeleton or fossil is found,   they can simply deny any prior knowledge of it.     Those that think that the government is incapable of such cold calculation,   need only look at the policies of Manifest Destiny to remove NA from their lands,  and more recently the Japanese internment during World War II,  where US citizens were rounded up and sent to internment camps.   

Edited by SWWASAS

I don't think North Amerj an governmentx afe hunting them down or intently hoping they'll go extinct. Quite the opposite. I think they realize that the best way to help the species live on is to leave them alone as long as possible. That means discourage discovery.

• Upvote 2

If the US government wants them extinct then they already are. Interesting theory,but highly unlikely. Of course the more plausible theory is the creature does not exist .

Perhaps,at one time they may have and modern man drove them to extinction or decreased numbers that they are no longer a viable breeding population. 

Existing in small numbers in the dark forests. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/13/2019 at 10:41 PM, Huntster said:

I don't think North Amerj an governmentx afe hunting them down or intently hoping they'll go extinct. Quite the opposite. I think they realize that the best way to help the species live on is to leave them alone as long as possible. That means discourage discovery.

That could also be true as a flipside.  I think it could be why people get into trouble with the feds when they kill one or get tangible evidence.

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't see it as possible for there to be a government policy on things like Bigfoot. UFO for sure since it has so much history and clearly represents a potential threat that is seen by military personnel (though I don't think any world government has a notion what to do about it). 

The national parks folks are notorious for bad record keeping. There blm and Dept of interior, etc. are so bureaucratic, how would it even be possible for a reasonable voice to be heard through that machine? Who has time to deal with the subject seriously? As far as a body, if there is a deep freezer somewhere then I hope that comes out, even if the paperwork is all redacted. I don't think it ever will though and I don't think there is a deep freezer unfortunately.

I think all bf matters from law enforcement is reactive. Lots of frightened citizens when they decide to act out and throw boulders. Other than that, i'd love to identify the response team that gears up and is ready for forensic cleanup to protect public eyes from seeing whatever the truth is that is the suspected conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

There blm and Dept of interior, etc. are so bureaucratic, how would it even be possible for a reasonable voice to be heard through that machine? Who has time to deal with the subject seriously?

Considering the magnitude such a thing as a Sasquatch would have, or should have, on academia department heads of vertebrate zoology? Not to mention scores more specifically involved in primate studies? One has to wonder why a "reasonable voice" gets drowned out in the first place. It seems unfeasible to say that it's because no one has the time. People make up excuses all the time for why this creature hasn't been exposed. None of those excuses hold up. I think a better approach would be to ASK someone WHY they don't look into the Sasquatch phenomenon. Money was no object for the Ivory-billed Woodpecker, or wolverines, or to tag Grizzlys, dolphins, or any other creature. I get tired of people making up reasons for top agencies not pursuing, or telling the truth about an 800 lbs. bipedal creature in the forests of North America.

I have seen folks give all kinds of reasons for essentially ZERO results from authorities in F&W agencies both state and federal. We need to stop excusing state and federal institutions for reasons that are nowhere near proportionate to the subject's importance. Let the agencies justify their inaction for themselves. Thy don't need us continually bailing them out with our speculated sob stories for why they do nothing. Oh, the poor agencies....they should never be let off the hook for not looking into something as important to world as Sasquatch is. I think it might be the ONLY thing we seem to excuse them for which make no sense whatsoever.

Edited by hiflier

I'm not making excuses for them. Gov agencies are just paperweights. It's just not realistic in my view for them to have any semblance of control over something as nebulous as BF info.  No doubt their field staff has had encounters but I just don't see it adding up to a conspiracy.

25 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I'm not making excuses for them. Gov agencies are just paperweights....

That's an excuse. 

25 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

.....something as nebulous as BF info. No doubt their field staff has had encounters but I just don't see it adding up to a conspiracy.

And the info isn't at all "nebulous". Especially if, "No doubt their field staff has had encounters..." In fact the nebulous info, as you put it, is economically vital to national security. It would be a financial meltdown costing trillions of dollars. Hardly what I would call running the risk of having nebulous info.

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

That's an excuse. 

And the info isn't at all "nebulous". Especially if, "No doubt their field staff has had encounters..." In fact the nebulous info, as you put it, is economically vital to national security. It would be a financial meltdown costing trillions of dollars. Hardly what I would call running the risk of having nebulous info.

A financial meltdown because of Bigfoot? Did you really say that or do I misunderstand? That's not reality. No one cares about Bigfoot because it is a nebulous phenomena. It can't be studied or tracked. There's no threat. Some of them are a nuisance for sure. Other than that no dollars are being spent on the issue anywhere except in research by non government people.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
3 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

A financial meltdown because of Bigfoot? Did you really say that or do I misunderstand? That's not reality. No one cares about Bigfoot because it is a nebulous phenomena. It can't be studied or tracked. There's no threat. Some of them are a nuisance for sure. Other than that no dollars are being spent on the issue anywhere except in research by non government people.

How can you possibly know that?