Is the US government actively trying to make the Sasquatch race extinct?

RedHawk454

1 minute ago, Arvedis said:

No one cares about Bigfoot because it is a nebulous phenomena. It can't be studied or tracked.

Can't be studied or tracked? So you think that government is completely incapable of such a thing?

1 minute ago, SWWASAS said:

How can you possibly know that?  

Because I know how much the US takes in revenue from resource harvesting. Add tourism and it's over a trillion dollars annually which is a severely conservative figure. Bigfoot discovery/disclosure is a very serious financial/economic issue. It's serious enough even if it is officially announced that they DON'T exist because the BF biz just by itself is worth billions.

If anyone doesn't think any of this is reality then go find out what is. Because you're wasting your time discussing it fruitlessly with me. Talk to an expert. Talk to an official in some capacity because here you're just spinning your wheels in endless dialogue. At least I'm talking to academia because, yep, I'm still digging. And because I am I will get my questions answered.

But in the mean time? Spotted Owl? Billions lost. Sasquatch? Many hundreds of times more.  

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Can't be studied or tracked? So you think that government is completely incapable of such a thing?

Because I know how much the US takes in revenue from resource harvesting. Add tourism and it's over a trillion dollars annually which is a severely conservative figure. Bigfoot discovery/disclosure is a very serious financial/economic issue. It's serious enough even if it is officially announced that they DON'T exist because the BF biz just by itself is worth billions.

If anyone doesn't think any of this is reality then go find out what is. Because you're wasting your time discussing it fruitlessly with me. Talk to an expert. Talk to an official in some capacity because here you're just spinning your wheels in endless dialogue. At least I'm talking to academia because, yep, I'm still digging. And because I am I will get my questions answered.

But in the mean time? Spotted Owl? Billions lost. Sasquatch? Many hundreds of times more.  

I’ve thought about this a lot. And I find that doubtful. Because the spotted owl has done the damage already. Most logging is now done on private ground. Very little is done on Federal ground anymore compared to the 70’s. Mills and communities are now gone. Sold off to China.

Where as the upside to the spotted owl is nil? A proven Sasquatch species would draw people in globally....

https://www.awf.org/blog/mountain-gorilla-tourism-drives-economic-growth-and-conservation

https://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-disputes/the-endangered-species-act.html

"ESA §9 makes it unlawful for anyone to "take" a listed animal, and this includes significantly modifying its habitat. This applies to private parties and private land; a landowner is not allowed to harm an endangered animal or its habitat on his property."

"ESA §9 prohibits everyone, private person and federal agency alike, from "taking" endangered wildlife. The regulations extend this to threatened animals (see e.g. , 50 C.F.R. §§17.31, 17.21). "Take" includes "harming" a listed species, and "harm" is defined by FWS regulation to include habitat alteration:

Harm in the definition of "take" in the Act means an act which actually kills or injures wildlife. Such act may include significant habitat modification or degradation where it actually kills or injures wildlife by significantly impacting essential behavioral patterns, including breeding, feeding, or sheltering"

The key words here are "LISTED ANIMAL". My posts above are in regard to Sasquatch as a listed animal and the economic fallout if Sasquatch ever became one. The potential financial damage is why people work to make sure Bigfoot NEVER becomes a listed animal- Homo or not. Because if it ever did then even private timber/mining land revenues would be is serious jeopardy. I know because I research these kinds things to make sure my arguments have solid footing. I don't just blast this kind of stuff off the top of me head just to have something to say or to make trouble.

So the question becomes an ethical/economic one: If a timberland owner has Sasquatches living in their timber do they tell someone? Or shoot them so that no one knows? Or strike up a small controlled wildfire to drive them out? How much electronic surveillance would a landowner utilize to make sure the creatures aren't around? Are there images and videos that we'll never know about?

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, norseman said:

I’ve thought about this a lot. And I find that doubtful. Because the spotted owl has done the damage already. Most logging is now done on private ground. Very little is done on Federal ground anymore compared to the 70’s. Mills and communities are now gone. Sold off to China.........

Virtually nothing in law has changed regarding logging on national forest lands except the addition of some classified lands now closed to logging. The vast majority of the logging loss has been through regulation or simply the cessation of harvest sales, both of which could be reversed literally overnight by somebody like Donald Trump. In fact, I expect it after November of 2020. I agree that the infrastructure loss of the mills and skilled labor is a big factor, but short industry resurgences have already occurred, and the raw timber that the remaining mills couldn't handle got sold overseas in the round.

The discovery of an extremely rare aboriginal hominin in the PNW wouldn't qualify for an ESA listing, either, because they are human, not lower animal. The political ramifications go way beyond the ESA. The political investment in study, census, lingual translations, lands withdrawals, political representation (including United Nations representation), and guarantees of subsistence and human rights would literally take most of the coming century to shake out. It has international ramifications that would complicate it much further. 

I don't believe Uncle Sam is intentionally committing genocide, but I do believe he is intentionally looking the other way and suppressing discovery. Frankly, I can't blame him. I don't think any of that political crap would help the species any more than simply ignoring them.

In fact, I wish Uncle Sam and human society ignored my existence........

Edited by Huntster

25 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I don't believe Uncle Sam is intentionally committing genocide, but I do believe he is intentionally looking the other way and suppressing discovery. Frankly, I can't blame him. I don't think any of that political crap would help the species any more than simply ignoring them.

In fact, I wish Uncle Sam and human society ignored my existence........

Government probably ignored mine until I took up this subject.

17 hours ago, hiflier said:

Government probably ignored mine until I took up this subject.

Don't kid yourself, they still do and will continue to as long as you pay your taxes. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

Of course they do. It's their job to do so. That's why anyone serious about bringing in a BF needs to take the necessary precautions regarding their digital footprint. Becoming a digital ghost requires careful planning. Never mentioning it here or anywhere else is not a bad way to begin.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Of course they do. It's their job to do so. That's why anyone serious about bringing in a BF needs to take the necessary precautions regarding their digital footprint. Becoming a digital ghost requires careful planning. Never mentioning it here or anywhere else is not a bad way to begin.

Hey, what happened to Norseman?

;-)

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, SWWASAS said:

How can you possibly know that?  

Like everything else in bigfootery, it's all theory until proven one way or the other. Based on what I know of how governments function (not just U.S.), it would be very hard to recruit and maintain such activity.  Everything requires justification.  Let's eliminate public funding since that would have some kind of evidence behind it. Let's say there are black projects that require funding, stuff that only a few people know about. You still have to justify how the dollars are spent.  Let's say there is no official paper trail.  They have special black project accounting and all that. What division inside any military or scientific organization is going to want to pursue study Bigfoot?  For what? To track down origins of humanity perhaps or some unknown species?  They are not concerned with public safety unless there is some identifiable threat.  So far, all this thing does is growl, throw things, eat pets and livestock, leave big prints and create problems in obscure locations.  He's not breaking into facilities and stealing stuff.  He may take a dump on some federal land he shouldn't be on but where exactly would be the justification to spend on that instead of something they need?

Arvedis

You are right that the Gov. does not need a Body . Reason , they already have one so there is no need to pursue the issue . So they have no need to answer to anyone. It is on a need to know basis...We should just let it go.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Arvedis said:

........ What division inside any military or scientific organization is going to want to pursue study Bigfoot?  For what? To track down origins of humanity perhaps or some unknown species?  They are not concerned with public safety unless there is some identifiable threat.......

I can assure you that Ft. Lewis, Washington, has expended resources looking into sasquatchery. I will go on to suggest that at least several offices, shops, and organizations participated or were aware of that activity including at least 50 individuals over the years, and probably more. This was because of the sheer number of reports on Army lands there.

The Army is a very paranoid organization. They have this overwhelming desire to know everything, and to be in a position of control, especially of their own assets.

I also refute your claim that they are not concerned with public safety unless there is an identifiable threat. They spend considerable resources dreaming up even doubtfully potential threats , how to anticipate their manifestation, and how to deal with them. An example would be the silly Y2K threat. Ft. Richardson bought hundreds of small electric generators beforehand, among many other things, and was prepared to distribute them. When nothing happened, they simply sold them to the public through the military property disposal organization at prices well under what they paid. Brand new and never started. Even that was considered a success because more of the public was better prepared for a natural disaster.

9 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Arvedis

You are right that the Gov. does not need a Body . Reason , they already have one so there is no need to pursue the issue . So they have no need to answer to anyone. It is on a need to know basis...We should just let it go.

Maybe the Government doesn't but there are interests that would not want that body to surface, folks like the Timber Industry and various tourism outlets that focus on Outdoor recreation. At least Big Timber has lobbyists that be possibly be vocal about bigfoot staying a myth.