Is the US government actively trying to make the Sasquatch race extinct?

RedHawk454

Agreed and what little evidence there is is slowly being diluted by all of the hoaxes and scams over the years. It's hard to discount the history of reports by even just qualified LEO's and Forestry Service personnel though. Hmmm. maybe we all should just forget the whole thing? Because without science seriously getting involved, or ourselves taking on academia for e-DNA testing is suspected areas of Sasquatch activity, or someone finding a body or shooting one with all of its risks, then where does that leave things. The point being there ARE avenues to pursue but rather than do so folks make up excuses for the subject of the failure Bigfoot's discovery. It's like anything else worthy of effort.....the effort must initially be made. Field work is fine but the results, as far as science is concerned, fall short.

It's halfway through October already as the 52nd anniversary of the PGF approaches and yet another year comes to a close. Time to think about next Spring when that dead Sasquatch is somewhere left over from the winter. Seems a shame that it's our best chance for proof of existence. Ah well......   

Still chuckling at OP's use of word "race" in thread title. Race is a fairly meaningless subset of the human species, being that different races are all members of the Homo sapiens species.

I'm thinking OP intended "race" to denote "species" in the title.

Yes. Could be different species or subspecies. Since some folks believe sasquatch is a “human,” perhaps it could be called Homo sapiens sasq’etsi, for its Salish name. That is, if indeed it turns out to be in the Homo genus.

17 hours ago, hiflier said:

Sorry but, again, the excuses we make for everyone from agencies to the private sector for why discovery of an 800 lbs. two-legged, hairy biped hasn't happened just isn't cutting it. After a while none of that makes ay sense whatsoever including academic funding. Especially when one sees what DOES get funded. Some of the things academic monies go to can't hold a candle to what finding a large novel primate would mean. There's just no comparing a Sasquatch to salamanders in a pond, or a study that results in putting up a Marmot crossing sign on a national park road.

The discovery of a large North American primate beats everything else hands down by a mile. And not one official dollar goes toward that discovery? There is something really wrong with that.   

What you are saying is so true and yes, it's frustrating. Each year universities graduate zoologist that later do wildlife studies for their master's degree and their PHD's. Many of them apply for grant money to study various wildlife issues. Care to guess what percent of the grant money goes to pay for the study of bigfoots? If a tiny fraction of this money goes towards funding bigfoot field work, the question is why?

Thank you, Georgerm. TBH it has taken me a couple of years to finally create this dialogue. Before this I am sure I confused a bunch of folks because I had struggled to find the words to express what I've now been saying recently. I can only hope that as adult men and women we no longer get blinded by the trivial but open our eyes instead to the maturity that comes from spending so much time spinning our wheels and acting like hapless victims that haven't been able to keenly zero in on the real issues and arguments we face for why we have remained in virtual stasis on this subject.

The next level over a Sasquatch field researcher/investigator IS academia and the agencies. There's really no other level in between. So if anyone wishes to advance their knowledge or aim for the truth then it HAS to be making a move toward that next level of expertise.  And since academia doesn't reach out to us what choice is there but to pursue academia? I have a plan in mind to do just that but I won't bring it up here. In fact I won't bring it up or describe it anywhere. And I think my reasoning is sound in that decision.  

All this back and fourth but the government would never confirm they have known about these animals  . Man would the law suits fly for any family that has lost a loved one in a national park .

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

Hate to be harsh: So now the excuse is law suits? That's why nothing has been done? That's why academia shuns the subject, that's why Sasquatch is never brought to "justice" for these supposed/claimed Human disappearances perpetrated by the creature? Without proof that that's truly the case?

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Hate to be harsh: So now the excuse is law suits? That's why nothing has been done? That's why academia shuns the subject, that's why Sasquatch is never brought to "justice" for these supposed/claimed Human disappearances perpetrated by the creature? Without proof that that's truly the case?

It's all of the above including yes law suits . I don't know if they have proof or not but if they were to come out and say they have hidden the proof from the public all these years 

there will be class action law suits from anyone who has lost a loved one unexplained . Lawyers love these kinds of suits and there won't be a shortage of law firms that will participate .

I guess what I'm saying is there is no up side for them to admit it , none what so ever 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

I guess what I'm saying is there is no up side for them to admit it , none what so ever 

Yes, agreed. But there's no upside either for them saying Sasquatch doesn't exist either. And so my position on this whole situation is where does that leave us? That's what I'm getting at. Are we just stuck in the middle with no way out of the existence debate? Because until there is an official word one way or the other that's what we are left with, stuck in limbo. It's why I say that academia is accessible so why not hit them up? There are PhD's that do answer emails. That's one avenue that is easily researched as to who's who in each state. I think contact with enough of them and word will get around that more and more of the public is pressing for an answer.

Science does e-DNA studies in the environment. Find out the departments doing those studies and open a dialogue. In that regard my ego doesn't outweigh my curiosity or desire for the truth. In other words, I don't care what a PhD thinks of me for asking about the truth of Sasquatch existence. I haven't done enough research on the e-DNA side of a zoology department's field studies but it would be interesting to begin doing that. Especially in areas with a rich Sasquatch history or one with recent reports. There's absolutely no harm in doing that. The targets would be people specifically in vertebrate zoology which would be fish and mammals. It actually feel pretty good when there's a return reply. But so far......no Bigfoot.

I think sometimes it's just a taboo subject for some PhD's  whether they think they will be discredited or even losing their jobs . I guess if they have tenure that wouldn't play a role but first 

and fore most they also have to be a believer ! , that's the key really in my humble opinion . My self I think one day if remains of body is discovered 

it won't be by a PhD . It will be some of the dedicated researchers who spend way, way more time out in the field than I do. Maybe even somebody here , who knows .

The other chance is maybe a whistle blower  , it happens  right? look at Snowden 

Maybe there is a person working right now that feels the world should know this ..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 7.62 said:

The other chance is maybe a whistle blower  , it happens  right? look at Snowden 

Maybe there is a person working right now that feels the world should know this ..

It's certainly possible, 7.62, and one could hope that it's true but it also perhaps assumes a body is known to exist and is, or has been, studied? It's pretty cool to think about but would be a gutsy move :)  

The whistleblower would have to steal the specimen and deliver it to the right entity.........if either a specimen or right entity even exist........

12 hours ago, hiflier said:

Yes, agreed. But there's no upside either for them saying Sasquatch doesn't exist either. And so my position on this whole situation is where does that leave us? That's what I'm getting at. Are we just stuck in the middle with no way out of the existence debate? Because until there is an official word one way or the other that's what we are left with, stuck in limbo. It's why I say that academia is accessible so why not hit them up? There are PhD's that do answer emails. That's one avenue that is easily researched as to who's who in each state. I think contact with enough of them and word will get around that more and more of the public is pressing for an answer.

Science does e-DNA studies in the environment. Find out the departments doing those studies and open a dialogue. In that regard my ego doesn't outweigh my curiosity or desire for the truth. In other words, I don't care what a PhD thinks of me for asking about the truth of Sasquatch existence. I haven't done enough research on the e-DNA side of a zoology department's field studies but it would be interesting to begin doing that. Especially in areas with a rich Sasquatch history or one with recent reports. There's absolutely no harm in doing that. The targets would be people specifically in vertebrate zoology which would be fish and mammals. It actually feel pretty good when there's a return reply. But so far......no Bigfoot.

This is a good approach and worthwhile endeavor.  If you can get one or two PHD zoology candidates to do their thesis on Sasquatch, it's a start in the right direction.  Provide some work by Meldrum, Ketchum, Krantz, and now Jane Goodall, and maybe some candidates will begin to ask questions. Let them know about our forum and the Bigfoot Research Organization. Use this same information to supply to state fish and wildlife departments. It's just a matter of time before the pendulem swings the other way.

Wow, the article describes academics getting into bigfoot studies. 

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/how-chasing-bigfoot-can-lead-to-actual-science/   

"As a biologist in a lab studying how monkeys and other primates are related, I’ve become fascinated with Bigfoot. Often described and portrayed as half man, half ape, Bigfoot (if it exists) could represent a possible link in the evolution of humans from our primate ancestors. Bigfoot also represents the realm of the unknown, the undiscovered. Rumors from all over the world about sightings of Bigfoot, Sasquatch and yeti tantalizingly hint that there are mythical creatures just waiting to be discovered."    read the rest of the article 

The author Alison Gilchrist is a fourth-year PhD candidate at the University of Colorado, Boulder, in the department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology.

Is the US government actively trying to make the Sasquatch race extinct?   No, but turning a blind eye to bigfoot reports is a disservice to the illusive creature.

Edited by georgerm
add more

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

The author Alison Gilchrist is a fourth-year PhD candidate at the University of Colorado, Boulder, in the department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology.

Could be a good candidate for contact. I read that article a while back but it was before I began my outreach and so had forgotten about it. Thanks for the refresher. She should be getting a nice email from me within the hour. I'll let you know how things go :) 

• Upvote 1

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the folks at Fort Lewis/McChord know theres something running around there, and the Army sure as hell isn't gonna just leave it at that. Just in terms of base security/asset protection you can be sure they've at least put a good deal of study/research into the matter, if not already in possession of one or more bodies. Realistically, they have the tech, weaponry, trained personnel, surveilence, private land AND motivation! One can easily imagine folks there taking as a tactical challenge strange bipeds with a knack for stealth moving about on "their" closed off land(thereby significantly reducing the likelihood of it just being some locals testing their skills against the military's} defying all the prohibitions against even being there, much less the danger involved. 

Of course, army personnel may be more apt towards not saying anything about it, but I would think that's where a whistle blower might come from, or at least folks perhaps likely to have something of value to add.....

Edited by guyzonthropus
  • Upvote 1