Why Don't We Have a Bigfoot Body Yet?

Celtic Raider

34 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

The reason one is not on a slab is do to that no one has the gut's to shoot one. No one want's to loose their life over shooting one of these creatures if they had the chance. Yes, that's right they do not want to die for the sake of science. I am not sure if it matters if they are part human since that is not a factor in this equation. It is for the sake of one's life and the fear of being ripped apart or seeing your partner being torn to pieces and knowing that you will be next and not being able to stop it. This is some thing not really to look forward too. Not to many men are wanting to risk their lives for the sake of science. Unless you are sure of an armed force then it is not worth the trouble. I am talking of a well trained squad willing to put it all on the line.

I'm sorry to have to say this, ShadowBorn, but people won't even take the MUCH lesser risk of writing an email. That to me is infinitely less work, less time, and, more importantly, less physical risk of death. The point being we don't know if there's one already on a slab because no one dares to even ask. Not even as a concerned group. So..........shoot one? Or pop the question direct to F&W? People can choose how they wish to take one in the face for science. Shoot a Bigfoot and go to jail. No one, however, is going to throw anyone in jail for asking a question.

I'm assuming NAWAC still goes out to hunt one. But I've NEVER read where any of those people ever write an email to an agency either singly or as a group. I don't understand that mentality. I mean they are already in the public eye and down on paper for grassing one, right? But no obvious attempts to talk to anyone in authority. Would someone please be kind enough to explain that to me in a way that makes one lick of sense?

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

The reason one is not on a slab is do to that no one has the gut's to shoot one. No one want's to loose their life over shooting one of these creatures if they had the chance. Yes, that's right they do not want to die for the sake of science. I am not sure if it matters if they are part human since that is not a factor in this equation. It is for the sake of one's life and the fear of being ripped apart or seeing your partner being torn to pieces and knowing that you will be next and not being able to stop it. This is some thing not really to look forward too. Not to many men are wanting to risk their lives for the sake of science. Unless you are sure of an armed force then it is not worth the trouble. I am talking of a well trained squad willing to put it all on the line.

I don't think that's the reason at all . People are out large game hunting whether it's whitetail , elk , grizzly , moose ,what ever and it's not  their first thought to shoot one if they see one.

Some claimed as they viewed it's face through a rifle scope it looked sort of human. I grant you if they are being chased and threatened some have fired wild shots at them according to some stories but for the most part when you're out hunting if you see one your first thought isn't to blow it's head apart  and I think most hunters think the same way .

Now on the flip side if you are actively hunting one to kill it that's another story . If I was doing this I wouldn't be alone and I would have the proper gear and weapons where

fear of being ripped apart isn't really high on my list . 5 guys with the proper night vision gear and AR10's , the only thing running scared would be the bigfoot's if that was my sole goal.

But I'm not pro kill 

Edited by 7.62
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, hiflier said:

I'm sorry to have to say this, ShadowBorn, but people won't even take the MUCH lesser risk of writing an email. That to me is infinitely less work, less time, and, more importantly, less physical risk of death. The point being we don't know if there's one already on a slab because no one dares to even ask. Not even as a concerned group. So..........shoot one? Or pop the question direct to F&W? People can choose how they wish to take one in the face for science. Shoot a Bigfoot and go to jail. No one, however, is going to throw anyone in jail for asking a question.

I'm assuming NAWAC still goes out to hunt one. But I've NEVER read where any of those people ever write an email to an agency either singly or as a group. I don't understand that mentality. I mean they are already in the public eye and down on paper for grassing one, right? But no obvious attempts to talk to anyone in authority. Would someone please be kind enough to explain that to me in a way that makes one lick of sense?

You are right Hiflier. It would be  much more less of a headache to just write a letter to the proper authorities then to risk ones life and pursue these creatures. It makes way more sense. Why no one does not want to pursue this angle does not make sense since the only bad thing that can happen will be laughter on your expense.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:49 AM, 7.62 said:

Now on the flip side if you are actively hunting one to kill it that's another story . If I was doing this I wouldn't be alone and I would have the proper gear and weapons where

fear of being ripped apart isn't really high on my list . 5 guys with the proper night vision gear and AR10's , the only thing running scared would be the bigfoot's if that was my sole goal.

You would think that it would be that easy to find the right people willing to risk their lives on killing just one of these creatures . But this is not the case as history has shown. You would think that an AR10 and night vision would do the job . But how many others have thought the same way and where is a body thinking this same way? Sure it is easy to be brave out of the woods where one is not growling at it you. Where one is not breaking four to seven inch diameter  tree limbs and letting you know who is boss. I am not just talking about one creature that might be in front of you but three or four surrounding your group doing the same thing.  Not just that these creatures pushing your group where they want you to be and being out smarted. The worst thing that would happen is that they would split your group . Am I speculating maybe.  Yes, I know that you are not pro kill. But I do know that they can be dangerous when it comes down to it.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

You are right Hiflier. It would be  much more less of a headache to just write a letter to the proper authorities then to risk ones life and pursue these creatures. It makes way more sense. Why no one does not want to pursue this angle does not make sense since the only bad thing that can happen will be laughter on your expense.

What makes you think this Avenue hasn’t been explored? Has anyone listened to Kantz, Bindernagel and Meldrum? What do they say about academia and official channels? I called US fish and game about the protocol of discovering new species. Their response? There are no new species in the US to discover.....

Either they do not know OR they are covering it up. Either way? They are not going to help.

23 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

You would think that it would be that easy to find the right people willing to risk their lives on killing just one of these creatures . But this is not the case as history has shown. You would think that an AR10 and night vision would do the job . But how many others have thought the same way and where is a body thinking this same way? Sure it is easy to be brave out of the woods where one is not growling at it you. Where one is not breaking four to seven inch diameter  tree limbs and letting you know who is boss. I am not just talking about one creature that might be in front of you but three or four surrounding your group doing the same thing.  Not just that these creatures pushing your group where they want you to be and being out smarted. The worst thing that would happen is that they would split your group . Am I speculating maybe.  Yes, I know that you are not pro kill. But I do know that they can be dangerous when it comes down to it.  

The Bauman story, the Ape canyon story, the GCBRO story, the NAWAC story, the Justin Smeja story...... and many others. People do shoot at these things if the reports are true.  But as a hunter? You know full well that shooting at one and collecting a body are two different things. Right?

I think luck has more to do with it than anything. Gotta be at the right place at the right time with the right gun and gear and then you must possess a killers heart and the conviction to see it through. If any of these components are lacking? It’s either a cool story, or just another mundane day in the woods.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

If we can't see them they won't be able to see us either . Boy I don't want this to be a pissing match but if they are within range and showing them selves thermal will see them and night vision will see everything else . 

When you  say how many others ? How many people who are in an active location are going out with thermal , night vision with the intention of killing one?

I think most hunting for them never see one . The people who seem to have the encounters are the ones who pose no risk to them . We have members here and I think including you ?

Who have said they have had many encounters if I am remembering the right person. If not I apologize . The prokill never seem to have an encounter or there would be a body already .

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 7.62 said:

The prokill never seem to have an encounter or there would be a body already

Interesting about that.

50 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Interesting about that.

The NAWAC members go out in groups armed with AR's,  Tactical shotguns , Sniper rifles , handguns , thermal , night vision ( top of the line gear)and have never gotten a shot at one that I have read about.

25 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

The NAWAC members go out in groups armed with AR's,  Tactical shotguns , Sniper rifles , handguns , thermal , night vision ( top of the line gear)and have never gotten a shot at one that I have read about.

And if they did they would realize how naive they were when the feds grab the body from them. 

22 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Yes they have, according to Bipto. No telling what has happened since Bipto has left here.

1) They engaged one out by the gate with a shotgun.

2) They setup a blind using a thermal scope, but didn’t clear shooting lanes, and the bullet deflected off of a limb.

6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

The prokill never seem to have an encounter or there would be a body already .

Maybe, or maybe when push comes to shove, they decide prudence is the better part of valor .. maybe tomorrow will be a safer day to pull the trigger.    Can't say that I blame them.   I remember "the plan" when I first started going out: if I had activity in camp, I was going to unzip my tent, just stick one hand out, move it around, and see if "anyone" would touch it.   So when the footsteps were moving around camp, tree knocks were happening, apparent infrasound, and all that, you know what I did?  I said something to the effect of "forget" :) this, I think I'll try that NEXT time.   "Next time" has come and gone several times now and I still haven't done that.   

It is easy to be big and brave talking trash from the safety of your couch at home with the lights on.   It is a whole different story out there in the dark, alone, with a myth that can see you but you can't see it.   Suddenly prudence makes a whole world more sense.

MIB

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MIB said:

Maybe, or maybe when push comes to shove, they decide prudence is the better part of valor .. maybe tomorrow will be a safer day to pull the trigger.    Can't say that I blame them.   I remember "the plan" when I first started going out: if I had activity in camp, I was going to unzip my tent, just stick one hand out, move it around, and see if "anyone" would touch it.   So when the footsteps were moving around camp, tree knocks were happening, apparent infrasound, and all that, you know what I did?  I said something to the effect of "forget" :) this, I think I'll try that NEXT time.   "Next time" has come and gone several times now and I still haven't done that.   

It is easy to be big and brave talking trash from the safety of your couch at home with the lights on.   It is a whole different story out there in the dark, alone, with a myth that can see you but you can't see it.   Suddenly prudence makes a whole world more sense.

MIB

A tent provides zero safety. I never stay in the tent.

I hunt Elk in the Selkirks. There are Grizzlies in the Selkirks. I’ve had tracks close to my camp before and I had one encounter there before.

I almost let the air out of a angus cow one night. Because I came flying out of my tent, because something was outside and two giant eyes were staring at me chest high. She was in the mules grain. It was pitch black and so was she. 

2 hours ago, MIB said:

MIB

Im not trying to talk tough so I hope it didn't come off like that but nothing can hide that well all the time unless it's something else but I know a lot of people here don't buy into that theory.

4 hours ago, norseman said:

Yes they have, according to Bipto. No telling what has happened since Bipto has left here.

1) They engaged one out by the gate with a shotgun.

2) They setup a blind using a thermal scope, but didn’t clear shooting lanes, and the bullet deflected off of a limb.

if you believe them

2 minutes ago, starchunk said:

if you believe them

Why would I believe them less than any of it?

If your looking for absolute truths? Your in the wrong field!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, starchunk said:

if you believe them

I see no reason not to.    I might question their planning.   Not their honesty.  

MIB