Poll: Would You Donate for a Legal Defense Fund?

gigantor

Read the Hypothetical Scenario below Before Voting!  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• gigantor unlocked this topic

Forgive me, but the questions seem unfair.

If a person says they would not donate as a response to question one, the next question should not ask how much they would donate and not have a "0" as an option. The final question, too, there should be an option that says "I told you already, I would not donate."  Sounds like the writer is assuming everyone would give money.  Respectfully submitted.

• Upvote 3

Admin
1 hour ago, NorthWind said:

Forgive me, but the questions seem unfair.

If a person says they would not donate as a response to question one, the next question should not ask how much they would donate and not have a "0" as an option. The final question, too, there should be an option that says "I told you already, I would not donate."  Sounds like the writer is assuming everyone would give money.  Respectfully submitted.

Good points. I updated the poll to reflect the changes.

If anyone needs their vote changed, please let me know.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Would anyone care to donate to Incorrigible1's Home for Wayward Cheerleaders?

I do. I am willing to donate the ultimate gift. My time. 😁

25 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I do. I am willing to donate the ultimate gift. My time. 😁

No offense. But you would look horrible in a cheerleader costume!

• Haha 3

Thanks, P-G. We're full up with counselors. A staff brimming with one.

But realize, these girls need help! Give generously. It's their only hope.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

No offense. But you would look horrible in a cheerleader costume!

Of course you are correct. I am much more suited for a Sasquatch costume.  Pun intended. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, gigantor said:

Background

1. Science needs a type specimen (a body) to recognize Bigfoot as an extant species.
  2. Government recognition of the species will lead to habitat protection and its long term survival.
  3. There are laws in place which could be used to prosecute the first person to obtain a type specimen.

Hypothetical Scenario

1. An ordinary citizen obtains a type specimen and presents it to government authorities for recognition.
  2. Sasquatch is then recognized but there is public outcry over the kill and existing laws are used to prosecute the citizen.
  3. A Legal Defense Fund is created to help pay for the expenses of defending the citizen.

I don't think you covered everything: 

Firstly if the Relic Human-ish theory holds up and the body falls under that category than it may well be more murder than science.

More so I think it's hugely naive to think the Government is just going to recognize the thing in terms of science. More likely given the nature of Government they would just likely seize the body to have control of the situation and place the shooter(s) under some form of nda or legal mess.

The NAWAC, for example's, belief in this is just unrealistic and if the Government did just seize the body then one of them has been killed for nothing.

Why would the Government do this?

Need to control information.

Protect certain commercial interests, Timber and Tourism come to mind

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think that there would be 2 scenarios in your hypothetical scenario.  First one is a 'criminal defense fund'.  Second would be a 'civil litigation for wrongful death suit' fund.  Is your hypothetical scenario an umbrella that covers funding for the 1st and 2nd situations?

Admin
1 minute ago, Catmandoo said:

I think that there would be 2 scenarios in your hypothetical scenario.  First one is a 'criminal defense fund'.  Second would be a 'civil litigation for wrongful death suit' fund.  Is your hypothetical scenario an umbrella that covers funding for the 1st and 2nd situations?

Yes, for any legal fees necessary to defend the citizen.

Admin
53 minutes ago, norseman said:

I believe this would knock some people off the fence.

Splain please

• gigantor unpinned this topic