Poll: Would You Donate for a Legal Defense Fund?

gigantor

Read the Hypothetical Scenario below Before Voting!  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• gigantor unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, 7.62 said:

No Sasquatch Slaying in Washington

Skamania County, Washington, considers itself a Bigfoot refuge, and a 1984 ordinance states that killing this “endangered” ape-like creature can get you a year in jail, a $1,000 fine or both.

Not a bad deal really considering. Self defense would gain some mileage too. If memory serves me well the fine used to be $10,000?

IMHO a $10,000 fine would give the creature's existence more credibility anyway.

Edited by hiflier

On 9/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, gigantor said:

If that were true, it would use tools.

not nessicarily any more than higher apes if they have the strength to manage certain tasks.

BFF Patron
On 9/23/2019 at 7:26 AM, MIB said:

Not necessarily.   

First, there has to be a need for the tool.    Some "critter" sufficiently adapted to its environment won't need to develop a tool.   Second, creation of tools requires investment of time and calories.   This has to have a pay-back via making obtaining replacement calories easier.     That is why WE make tools.    If sasquatch is as well adapted to the environment as they seem to be, what would the point of a tool be?  

Then we must remember that there are reports of sasquatch using tools.   Not complex tools.   Typically made of wood, not stone or metal, but tools none the less.   That means the tools, such as they are, are not likely to be preserved more than 15-20 years maximum exposed to the environment.    And, being simple / crude tools, they might not be noticed or understood to be tools even if found.    While we're being careful, we should consider some of the X-s, tipis, asterisks, whatever you want to call them.   Just because we don't understand the purpose doesn't make them a non-tool.  

What is important, then, is that WE DON'T KNOW.  

MIB

A tool could be a club.  Bindernagel's first book contained two incidents of duck hunting and root picking that involved a Sasquatch with ducks and a club and a Sasquatch with a pile of roots and I believe what appeared to be a digging stick nearby (not sure of the details of this second one).  Agree on the stick layouts especially the more complex repetitions I have documented within one watershed. 

14 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Not a bad deal really considering. Self defense would gain some mileage too. If memory serves me well the fine used to be $10,000?

IMHO a $10,000 fine would give the creature's existence more credibility anyway.

You would get early release and quite a promotional amount of monies on release despite your fine.  It would be like white collar criminals, slap on the wrist and come out to your stashed haul of loot. 

31 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

A tool could be a club.  Bindernagel's first book contained two incidents of duck hunting and root picking that involved a Sasquatch with ducks and a club and a Sasquatch with a pile of roots and I believe what appeared to be a digging stick nearby (not sure of the details of this second one).  Agree on the stick layouts especially the more complex repetitions I have documented within one watershed. 

You would get early release and quite a promotional amount of monies on release despite your fine.  It would be like white collar criminals, slap on the wrist and come out to your stashed haul of loot. 

Or at least a book and a movie deal :) 

^^^^^ I have read  one poster in this thread who introduced the crazy / fringe factor.  One would have to have a fence around your home that would be topped with razor wire.

15 hours ago, bipedalist said:

I would donate that loot to a fund that sought protection of the species and its habitat forever. 

BFF Patron

^  You have a good heart norseman;  legal defense funds might still be required.  I wouldn't donate too fast. 

23 hours ago, bipedalist said:

.......You would get early release and quite a promotional amount of monies on release despite your fine.  It would be like white collar criminals, slap on the wrist and come out to your stashed haul of loot. 

Any lawyer could easily get sentence modifications to ensure you spent minimum time behind bars, and the time you did would be minimum security (still no fun trust me). 

But the lawyer will still cost more than most folks would believe, and the possibility of losing your right to possess firearms for the rest of your life is a very strong possibility. The government seeks that as a matter of course.