Bigfoot in Southeast Alaska : New 1st edition

joebeelart

Rob Alley of "Rain Coast Sasquatch" fame put together a nice book on BF in the Alaskan panhandle for the Colorado "Mile High Mystery Conference" this month.  It is not perfect, or complete, as he was working on a tight time-line.  It is a section of his big Alaska Sasquatch book which is in draft form now.

The book is far from perfect, but is a valuable resource since most of the reports in it come from Native Americans and First Peoples.  Rob, in addition to being an adjunct professor at the University of Alaska, Ketchikan, was a physical therapist who traveled the islands developing strong ties to the local, normally "not speaking" communities.

Early stage wraps {i.e. not polished}  154 pages, B&W, color wraps:  Maps, lots of maps.  Photographs.  Many drawings.  For once, a nice tight conclusion.  The usual:  Bibliography of books Rob respects, and a thorough index. 

Signed and numbered: I have #102 and #103 of 105 printed here.  $17.95 shipped Media Mail in the USA.  Please email me:  PayPal or money order / bank check preferred.  joebeelart@comcast.net

Front Cover - Alaska.JPG

Back Cover - ALASKA.jpg

Nest IMPORTANT IMG-7389.JPG

RA drawn IMG-9568 reaching aggression.JPG

Map AK IMG-8376.JPG

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the Mile High Mystery Conference this year but will hopefully catch the video if they release it.  I will also buy this book, even though it is "imperfect."  I would like to see more BF authors take the time to ensure their books are crafted well.  Little mistakes make a difference.  Presentation matters. Packaging matters. Hiring an editor is worth it.  Just don't over pay to get good value on return. 

• Like 1

Just emailed you, Joe. I'm eagerly anticipating another book by Rob, especially if as you say he is working on a pretty substantial one.

• gigantor featured this topic

Hello to Arvedis and the gang:  Could not agree more on the current "crop" of BF "books." 

The reason this issue of Rob's book is imperfect is that it was rushed to print for the Mile High Mystery conference, literally, "just in time" sourcing.  Rob's run was 105 copies, a tidy number of which sold after his presentation.   On my suggestion, he signed and numbered them all.  This edition will not be reprinted and the cover will not be reused. 

Since he gave me hundreds of pages of research to look through, I am sure Rob's "big" Alaska book will become a foundation stone of Bigfoot / Sasquatch literature. 

Research hint:  Don't go camping up at the snow line like I did last weekend.  The snow was beautiful, but it melted in cold rain, then came slushy downfall, then again beautiful snow showers against the forested ridges, then repeat.  Eventually I ended up with a visit to the doctor who saw no value, or humor, whatsoever in my adventure.  Also, no signs of Our Barefoot Friends.  I presume they were sensibly cozied up in their winter homes.

Edited by joebeelart
No edit, decided against it.

• 1 month later...

Saw this come through Twitter. Looks like Rob gave a talk and/or book signing at Cliff's new establishment in Boring, OR.

EGJf9GLUYAAnK2J.jpg

Edited by Arvedis

• 4 months later...
SSR Team

The good Doc gave me a copy of this in Longview/Kelso in Jan (it must have been the accent that swayed it ;) ) and I've enjoyed it. Not sure on release dates however but it's a decent read and I enjoyed it.

• 3 months later...
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I noticed there was a Dr. Alley booth at the Metalline Falls event this past weekend selling this book. Yet, it is still not yet available to purchase online. Bummer.

Edit: whoever down voted, explain yourself. It is disrespectful to the author's book. People in bigfootery put a lot of effort into their work. Often these small time publications do not make much money, if they break even at all.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1