Sign in to follow this  
SackScratch

Leroy Blevins R.I.P.

SackScratch

So you think that Patty was smaller than all the Knuckleheads that came out of the woodwork to say they were the guy in the Gorilla Suit??

I didn't even exist when when Patty was filmed but I could come out and say I was the guy in the Gorilla Suit and I bet I'd get on some tabloid shows and check-out line magazines that would believe it and do stories on it! lol

SweatyYeti
16 minutes ago, SackScratch said:

So you think that Patty was smaller than all the Knuckleheads that came out of the woodwork to say they were the guy in the Gorilla Suit??

I didn't even exist when when Patty was filmed but I could come out and say I was the guy in the Gorilla Suit and I bet I'd get on some tabloid shows and check-out line magazines that would believe it and do stories on it! lol

Based on a few different height measurement methods, Sack....I think Patty's 'walking height' was just about 6' even.....possibly a few inches taller, or maybe even a little shorter than 6'. 

But, that's her height in a crouched posture. Her actual, full standing body height would be several inches taller....probably a good 6 - 8" taller.

So, if her WH was (only) 6' 00"....then her actual 'body height' would be approx. 6' 7".  And, for a female of the species...that's not on the 'short side'.

Backdoc
3 hours ago, SackScratch said:

In the 1960's there were Zero NFL players who weighed  300lbs.  The 1970's had only ONE, the 1980's had only TWO.

While there are many NFL lineman today who are 6'5'' or 6'6'' this was uncommon in the 1960's. (and many weight 300+ lbs).

Gimlin was less concerned or impressed with Patty being tall as he was "Massive"   <----- find a massive person in 1967 who might be athletic enough to walk in a suit over varied terrain at a quick pace, naturally, and smoothly with bent knees being maintained.   That is unlikely to happen. That means any any sense of being big comes from a "massive" look. That means a suit would have to be bulked up.  The Patty does not looked stuffed.  Stretch fur over a muscle suit was not even around until the 1980's.

I would make a wild guess as say Patty is at least as Tall as Jim McClarin.  She could be shorter but where does the "Massive" size come from?

Sign in to follow this