Seeking the Last Remaining Horseman

Night Walker

When Peter Byrne began his quest for the Yeti of the Himalayas he was living and working in Australia. Being Australian myself, I am interested in learning more about his time Down Under and his thoughts, if any, on the Australian mystery hominid. Information about Byrne's time in Oz, however, is very sparse. I have searched through various newspaper archives but would prefer to hear it from the Horseman's mouth (so to speak) with the view of making that available information freely online...

Does anyone here know how to contact him personally? At best, is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

I tried the email provided on PeterCByrne.com but that no longer works...

Thanks

BFF Patron

He used to be in Los Angeles recently transplanted to Pacific City OR.  I was at his 90th birthday celebration there several years back. 

He has an International Wildlife Conservation Society nonprofit whose website seems under construction or redevelopment

https://www.kptv.com/news/pacific-city-man-spent-more-than-years-hoping-to-catch/article_f02f9266-adad-11e9-b8d1-b3bdd6f20935.html

• Upvote 2

I recall reading about Byrne as well as others and their expeditions in the Himalayas and other places. I'm sure it's all out there in various articles and interviews on the web with right keywords. In fact, I believe Byrne wrote a book about that time in his life.

12 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I recall reading about Byrne as well as others and their expeditions in the Himalayas and other places. I'm sure it's all out there in various articles and interviews on the web with right keywords. In fact, I believe Byrne wrote a book about that time in his life.

Peter Bryne was probably moved by these early reports of Yeti.    https://www.crystalinks.com/bigfoot.html     Have not found much about Byrne in Australia.

1832 - B.H. Hodson,the U.K. representative in Nepal, described a hirsute creature who reportedly had attacked his servants. The natives called the beast "rakshas," which means "demon." This was the first report of the Yeti made by a Westerner.

1889 - British army major L. A. Waddell found what he took to be large footprints in the snow on a high peak northeast of Sikkin. His bearers told him that these were the tracks of a man-like creature called Yeti, and that it was quite likely to attack humans and carry then away as food.

1913 - A group of Chinese hunters reportedly wounded and captured a hairy man-like creature, that the locals soon named the "snowman". This creature was supposedly kept captive in Patang at Sinkiang province for a period of five months until it died. It was described as having a black monkey-like face and large body covered with silvery yellow hair several inches long; it's hands and feet were man-like and the creature was incredibly strong.

1914 - J. R. P. Gent, a British forestry officer stationed in Sikkim, wrote of discovering footprints of what must have been a huge and amazing creature.

1921 - Members of a British expedition (led by Col. Howard-Bury) climbing the north face of Mount Everest sighted some dark figures moving around on a snowfield above them. When the explorers reached the spot, at some 17,500 feet, the creatures were not there but had left behind some huge, humanlike footprints in the snow.

1923 - Major Alan Cameron, with the Everest Expedition of that year, observed a line of huge and dark creatures moving along a cliff face high above the snowline. Pictures of the creatures' tracks were taken two days later, when the expedition reached the area where they were seen.

Even if any of it was true, I would never use a site called "crystal links" for any valid research.

Peter Byrne's travels and interests are well documented by himself and others. It's not that hard to find it.

I have made contact - thank you to those who offered assistance...

Can anyone recommend specific books by Peter Byrne - particularly if they mention his time in Australia?