6 years later....Urban Bigfoot

Lake County Bigfooot

Many of the current active members here probably would not know me, but I was very active from mid 2013 till probably 2016...In 2013 I had a vocal encounter in my semi-rural backyard that lead me to begin recording and investigating. Lots of interesting things ensued and I was more than a little convinced that a juvenile and parent were frequenting my marsh late at night during certain brief times of the year. In later 2016 and 2017 that activity ceased, and since then I have had no reason to continue my research on the home front. I still am very interested in the subject although not particularly free to spend much time recording or doing field research. I keep my windows open at night hoping to hear what I heard back in 2013, but undoubtedly that was a mistake on their part, or should I say the juveniles part. I also heard the parent responding to the juvenile but it seemed to be almost scolding in tone. Not sure if the Urban Bigfoot thread still is up, but that chronicled my experiences and had a number of interesting recordings included.

I think rural and convenient mostly rural folks definitely can have visitors! I have a friend who had so many visits over years, and a lot of other odd things happen, that he finally couldn't stand it anymore and moved to town!

I think a lot of sightings are mistakes on their part. 

Anyway, glad you're here,  or back! Jump on in ;)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Well as I sit here running the local golf course a mile from home, I am reminded that what happened to me was really no accident. I live right on a very active deer trail, funnel down area. Coyotes are always near and numerous. Lately a new neighbor has purchased goats and a Turkey, but I am guessing the Turkey is pretty well accounted for. It is hard for me to think of what was really happening from 2013-2016 but I fail to explain of it any other way. The recordings that I made convince me something was going on out of the usual, and my wife and I consistently heard tree knocking in the early dawns during a certain period of summer, for three years straight! It was literally like clock work. I had attempted to determine the source and I know that no humans were awake or present. It was just so odd to not get at least a glimpse of whatever was responsible. The vocalization only happened twice, or perhaps another time that I did capture, but it was so distorted by the cold air it was not clear enough to distinguish. It seemed like no matter what I attempted the source was always one step ahead of me, like it could anticipate my next move. I tried stealth and non-stealth, but to catch a simple glimpse of the source of the unusual activity was not to be. That can leave a person very frustrated. Now I am beyond the point of having to know what it was, I accept I may never have any proof of it being what it seemed to be. At times it almost seemed like poltergeist activity, like what could make these sounds and be so stealthy as to never be seen, or leave prints. Drives you nuts.,,,

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Wow, what a way to confirm your suspicions! Thanks for coming back to report this. I certainly recall your earlier thread, I was quite new to this forum at the time.

The Police Man’s Class A is featured In the Movie Finding Jay at about 1:55 mark- I learned by a general inquiry on neighborhood social media sight. Supports the basic notion that they reside in a state park area nearby- I have to check out a remote Island that never sees human contact and is surrounded by large swaths of marsh- Hackberry Island

My first encounters were right on the edge of town - Eugene, OR - with a population of 200K. Sure, we're surrounded by prime habitat forest on 3 sides, but WOW! So yeah, I have no doubt that sometimes, for whatever reasons, they can come shockingly close. Researcher Christopher Noel has written several short books on the same subject that you might find interesting.

Good luck if you continue your research. Thanks for the great stories.

Nice to see another LCB :)

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

SSR Team

Yo LCB, good to see you back ! :thumbsup:

Never really left the subject totally, but I moved beyond the absolute obsession that almost drove me nuts the first three years. Then my job really preoccupied my attention. Still I listened to the noises around me, and ever since I bull rushed the marsh one morning we have heard little that would be of note, but the other night we had a good fire in back next to the marsh and we heard something of a holler that got a coyote response, years of hearing those told me the first holler was possibly not coyote, it again sounded human, but they can fool you at times that way, not a whoop like the first incidents. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, hiflier said:

That unique story/report seems strangely familiar.

Agree 

I've read that report somewhere before or it's just something similar . I know I have read of a story where a Sasquatch threw a dead carcass that landed on the hood of a  police car . I thought it was a deer though and not a dog but not sure .

This incident that is in the movie happened back in the mid 80s and he kept it quiet due to ridicule. He is an elder in his church and seems quite rational and not wanting attention, only confirmation. I am trying to contact him to let him know of my encounters, and also to file a report to the BFRO database, it would help other people possibly come forward. This makes the 4th class A encounter in the immediate area connected to the Fox River in Northern Illinois, contacted Stan Courtney just to see if he had heard of this already, he had not. It was 7-8’, boxy and auburn, he never saw the face but fully hair covered and naked obviously. It threw the dead German Shepherd like a discus and it helicoptered toward him and he was momentarily distracted, but saw it exiting into some woods. My vocal encounter occurred under similar circumstances really, a spot light was being shone by a patrol that was responding to a man down on our road, guessing near me, that is what the sheriffs office told me at least, but that is what triggered what I suspect was the juvenile to whoop with an anxious sort of tone to get the parents attention or just reacting, but the larger one reacted with more of a whoo that sounded like “go” in the emphasis and then they moved off into the marsh repeating that same conversation…it was not anything but an intelligent animal I heard communicating, one was certainly much bigger than the other. Then as soon as that happened the patrol was sitting outside my house shining that spot into my yard, perhaps he too saw what I heard. Well maybe that guy would come out someday, but for dang sure I would like to find records of strange dispatches along my road… my incident occurred at 3:50am July 7th or 8th 2013…I was having trouble sleeping and was wide awake. But I heard that Juvenile about 12am on the fourth responding to my neighbors fireworks and I recognized that- ok- that was not a child or human being doing that, and never came even close to hearing that same thing before or after. So somebody must have gotten trained to keep it quiet from then on. I suspect that the Juvenile was being trained to hunt or left here while the parents hunted, the wood knocks we ignored previously were now more obviously something unusual, and recordings revealed that in some pretty startling ways interacting with the coyotes. 

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
Add

Admin

Got a police scanner to listen to? You might get lucky...