Missing 411

OhioSquatch

How much involvement do you think Sasquatch has to do with the missing 411 cases? I know for a majority they happen to take place in state parks where there has also been activity, but how many incidents are caused by Sasquatch VS a person just getting lost and never found again?

I think the Dennis Martin case is super compelling. You had witnesses completely unrelated to the search claim they saw a Bear packing something over its shoulder with lots of screaming...

Bears do not have shoulders.

3DFE09AD-F435-474D-884C-7512D1B8B2D8.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I think the Dennis Martin case is super compelling. You had witnesses completely unrelated to the search claim they saw a Bear packing something over its shoulder with lots of screaming...

Bears do not have shoulders.

3DFE09AD-F435-474D-884C-7512D1B8B2D8.jpeg

Not only that but I'm pretty certain a person can tell the difference between a bear and Sasquatch. A bear can't walk on two legs for very long the way a BF can.

8 hours ago, OhioSquatch said:

Not only that but I'm pretty certain a person can tell the difference between a bear and Sasquatch. A bear can't walk on two legs for very long the way a BF can.

Three main theories exist about what happened to Martin.[16]

• The first is that he became lost and perished from exposure or some other cause, likely during the first night. This is the most probable theory according to park officials.[1]
  • The second is that he was attacked by a hungry bear (or, less likely, a feral pig) and carried off.[5]
  • The third is that he was abducted and taken out of the park by something or someone. His father was a proponent of the third theory.[17] On the afternoon that Martin disappeared, tourist Harold Key and his family, heard an "enormous, sickening scream" and shortly thereafter witnessed a man covered in hair seemingly hiding and carrying something on his shoulder. Park Rangers and the Federal Bureau of Investigation concluded that there was insufficient evidence to link the sighting to Martin's disappearance, particularly given that Key's sighting was approximately five miles away from where Martin disappeared. The sighting occurred a little while after Dennis went missing. The family also said the person of the woods had something slumped over its shoulder, and the highly visible red color matching the shirt of Martin the day he went missing.[16][5]

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

The good thing about this case is you have a witness that actually saw a Sasquatch type creature carrying something off not long after the kid's disappearance. If it weren't for that it would be even more difficult to figure out.

I seem to remember seeing a map which compared the Missing 411 cases to locations of reported Bigfoot sightings.  

It matched up fairly well, IIRC.  I will see if I can track it down.

I believe that there are multiple causes for the cases in Missing 411, Sasquatch being one of them.  It is not too much of a stretch to believe that these creatures prey on humans when the opportunity arises.

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I seem to remember seeing a map which compared the Missing 411 cases to locations of reported Bigfoot sightings.  

It matched up fairly well, IIRC.  I will see if I can track it down.

I believe that there are multiple causes for the cases in Missing 411, Sasquatch being one of them.  It is not too much of a stretch to believe that these creatures prey on humans when the opportunity arises.

I found that really interesting too. I can't remember where I saw it last either. But seeing that really shows that Sasquatch still prey on humans which is scary as hell. I'm sure some cases are Dogman related as well, maybe more of the cases I don't know.

• Like 1

I agree with Norse about the Martin case and MIB's assertions in general. I don't think a sasquatch is involved in many disappearances.

Edited by wiiawiwb

19 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It matched up fairly well, IIRC.

Yes, and definitely a pretty good match on a macro scale.  

I wouldn't read too much into it, though, because the same connection can be drawn with other factors since sasquatch seems drawn to those factors, for instance they seemingly share food sources with black bears so you could compare the disappearance map to a black bear density map and come up with the same apparent correlation, similarly, you could map certain geographic features like types of rocks and types of forest, overlay that with the disappearance map, and have strong correlation.     It would be as accurate, based on those correlations, to say that bears got 'em as bigfoot got 'em, and as accurate to say that it wasn't the initial disappearance that was "odd", it was terrain's effects on your ability to search thoroughly to find the missing that was the actual cause for the unresolved nature of the disappearance.  

I would just say it points to a need for being alert out there, recognizing your physical limits, the limits of your training / skills, and listen to the little voice that says you're about to put yourself in a position where good outcomes become a matter of luck rather than skill and planning.    I KNOW this .. face it, I surf that edge probably more than is wise.   

MIB

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MIB said:

'til we know what is, we do not know what is not. 

Fabulous quote. Good advice!

On an unrelated note, but maybe not, has anyone read Whitley Streiber's "2012" ? In it it says something like the creepy witches cabins found deep in the woods in centuries last were actually portals to another place/reality. Reminds me of that Bigfoot story of the hiker entering a fog that literally thicker, time slower down and a hairy arm reached for him while something grumbled "Gotcha!" in his mind, and he stumbled backwards just in time to escape . The most dissapated and the terrified hiker ran back down the trail. I

I'm still not sold on that original blue and yellow light in my photo with FOUR accompanying moments of terror being only a camera flare. Maybe so, but it was weird and I don't like weird. I keep my eyes open and my situational awareness turned on HIGH in the woods.

Edited by Madison5716

2 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

On an unrelated note

That is the Larry Kelm account.   It's from your general area.  Link!  Dunno if it was bigfoot.  The bit about the nails looking clean and almost manicured .. maybe not.

MIB

BFF Patron

As a golfer I am inclined to believe in portals.    I swear there are a couple of fairways on two courses I play where there are portals that open and swallow balls.    I watch them fly, go looking where they should have landed,   and cannot find the ball.   In the winter one can expect that from a ball that plugs (buries in the mud)  but during the summer the ground is too hard.    Strange stuff happens.    

Speaking of golf,  I have thought about finding a ridge,  getting my driver, and hitting balls out into the woods,  and waiting for BF to start throwing them back at me.    Problem being the cost of the balls.   

• Haha 1

Apparently.... apparently... in the 80’s a ginseng poacher found a 6 year old boys skeleton kinda sort of near where Dennis Martin went missing...

it could still be the work of a Sasquatch th there’s a chance it is t Dennis Martin either.