Missing 411

OhioSquatch

Dogs can pickup a scent from a fresh print? My understanding is dogs shy away from anything BF.... They coward and run.... Correct me if I am wrong

Here in Chicago I have seen for my self K9 Police go after Perps just by scent.... Cops didnt have anything other than a direction of the Perp

Edited by Franco

^^^^ Not in every instance, no.    As with most things, with bigfoot there's no always, just tendencies / trends.   

24 minutes ago, MIB said:

That is what I recall as well.  

So far as I can tell, yes, it is way more complex than just bigfoot.    

I don't think so.   Look at the accounts in Missing 411: The Sobering Truth.    The disappearances match the rest other than being from heavily populated areas and the recoveries match almost exactly.   I do not think bigfoot is going into populated areas (larger towns), abducting intoxicated people, saving them alive for a few weeks, then drugging them, drowning them, and putting their bodies in the river upstream from the disappearance.   If I ever disappear and am recovered, PLEASE insist that the cops test my remains for GHB.   I do not use "substances" recreationally other than an occasional beer or three.    If that is found, there is foul play involved.  Guaranteed.

MIB

I find the intersection of the Smiley Face Killers and Missing 411 fascinating.  

BFF Patron

I think police dogs are presented with the subjects footprint location or a visual sighting and the dog follows the fresh scent.     That can backfire.    A police dog recently went after the wrong subject and took him down.    The perp escaped.   They tried to retrain the dog but it failed so the dog was taken out of service.   

I can go on reports.    Some dogs cower and want to leave.    Others will take off after a BF and sadly some dogs have gotten injured or killed.    Think flying dog.   It all depends on the dog.    Bigtex thinks his wolf likes to go play with the local BF.    

• Upvote 1

I was under the impression the dogs tracked via scent and a kid being carried off is still going to leave a scent trail as branches and such scrape across it as it’s being carried.    BF may be alpha in the woods but it’s far from infallible. 

edit:  The dogs not finding a scent was one of Paulides reasons and it made sense to me.  I have no experience with tracking dogs personally.  

Edited by Twist

I think one of the very interesting stories in the Missing 411: Hunters book was about the wife of a world-renowned scientist who saw a camouflaged creature jumping from tree to tree like the movie "Predator" as she sat in a tree stand while hunting.  The wife took several pictures which were later analyzed by her husband. The photos were in a size format that is not possible using that camera and that fact was later confirmed by the camera manufacturer.  Less than a mile from where the wife was hunting in her tree stand, their nephew called to say he, and other high-school band members and faculty, saw a UFO flying near them at about the same time the wife saw this creature.

In the latest Paulides documentary/movie Missing 411: The Hunted, one of the six other people in the Tom Messick hunting party heard a sound he never heard before in the woods. It was described as a "snap or crack" sound and "something like a trap closing".  There is nothing inherently sasquatch about that but it does leave one to ask whether it could be ET oriented.

Edited by wiiawiwb

11 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

.........When you invest so much if yourself into the field, only to find yourself being lectured by people who have done zero real fieldwork or research themselves....it could get a bit grating.........

Uhmmmmm......that there is life. Pick a subject, pick an endeavor; others with zero invested will critique your work, your thoughts, your grammar, your desire to profit from your work, and even your desire to address the subject. That's just the way it goes.

Guest Gigantaped

I wish they would do the 411 books in audio. A lot of his interviews are on YouTube and various podcasts, but it seems it's always the same stories. 

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Uhmmmmm......that there is life. Pick a subject, pick an endeavor; others with zero invested will critique your work, your thoughts, your grammar, your desire to profit from your work, and even your desire to address the subject. That's just the way it goes.

Absolutely, but you can't fault a man for a lack of patience with such people.

8 hours ago, Gigantaped said:

I wish they would do the 411 books in audio. A lot of his interviews are on YouTube and various podcasts, but it seems it's always the same stories. 

It sounds to me he is telling the stories people want to hear most. 

BFF Patron

It is his version of the scary campfire stories of youth.  

22 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

We have to remember that as a police detective he was not into revealing suspects during an ongoing investigation unless he was very sure who it was and wanted the public involved in looking for them.    I suspect mentioning BF or Portals too much without any sort of proof puts him into the kook camp and he does not want to be there to keep selling books.   I don't go around accusing BF of anything outside this forum.    I have one neighbor that accused me of being nuts when I told him about my first footprint find.   We speak again at this point but I have never mentioned the subject since.     

You really do not need portals or interdimensional travel if ET is here and abducts humans.  

he is a former Police officer and easily believes everyones story, and he doesnt ever appear to think someone is lying to him.

BFF Patron
1 minute ago, RedHawk454 said:

he is a former Police officer and easily believes everyones story, and he doesnt ever appear to think someone is lying to him.

How could you possibly know what he thinks about stories he hears?      Experienced police officers are very good at telling if they are being lied to.   In most cases he likely does not interview anyone with direct knowledge other than searchers or family.    Why would a searcher lie to him unless they are involved in the disappearance?     It is not like the long missing person shows up with a fantastic story to tell in his books.    They are still missing to make the book.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, everybody gets frustrated with it eventually.

15 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

just curious, have you read any of the M411 books 📖?

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Yeah, everybody gets frustrated with it eventually.

after time people should be able to call a spade a spade.  AFAIK, he’s never  publicly stated what he thinks is taking people or what is going on.  

It’s super convenient for him

the closest thing I’ve read was in M411 Western US Where some boys went missing in New Mexico.  The boys were eventually found by SAR

and told investigators about seeing gorilla men