Missing 411

OhioSquatch

15 minutes ago, RedHawk454 said:

after time people should be able to call a spade a spade.  AFAIK, he’s never  publicly stated what he thinks is taking people or what is going on.  

I've asked a time or two and gotten nowhere.     My sense is he either truly does not know or what he suspects is so weird he's afraid to put it out there without also providing proof the thing he suspects is real.    If it is alien, portal visitor, demon, or maybe even bigfoot, then he needs to provide an alien, portal visitor, demon, or a bigfoot if his answer is to be taken seriously.    'til he can do that, he just has to say "people are going missing, be careful."

MIB

1 hour ago, RedHawk454 said:

just curious, have you read any of the M411 books 📖?

after time people should be able to call a spade a spade.  AFAIK, he’s never  publicly stated what he thinks is taking people or what is going on.  

It’s super convenient for him

the closest thing I’ve read was in M411 Western US Where some boys went missing in New Mexico.  The boys were eventually found by SAR

and told investigators about seeing gorilla men

Yes, I have.  I have read them all, with the exception of LAW and Off The Grid.  I am currently working my way through Jacques Vallee's books before I jump into them. 

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over the fact that he has not come out and definitively said what he thinks is behind this missing persons.  If he is not a hundred percent certain himself what is going on, why would he hazard a guess that may end up being wrong?  I find it plausible that he honestly does not know.

Or, as mentioned earlier, that he has his suspicions but wants to be completely certain before naming it.  

I think that a lot of people in this field speak with too much certainty sometimes, so for someone to say "this is the data that I have gathered.  I honestly don't know what this all means." doesn't bother me.  I guess that he is just a polarizing figure, like pretty much everyone else who gets a name for themselves.

35 minutes ago, MIB said:

I've asked a time or two and gotten nowhere.     My sense is he either truly does not know or what he suspects is so weird he's afraid to put it out there without also providing proof the thing he suspects is real.    If it is alien, portal visitor, demon, or maybe even bigfoot, then he needs to provide an alien, portal visitor, demon, or a bigfoot if his answer is to be taken seriously.    'til he can do that, he just has to say "people are going missing, be careful."

MIB

Exact same impression that I have from speaking to him twice, reading his books, and listening to his interviews.

If he came out tomorrow and said that he believes interdimensional  predators are taking people at will, people would attack him then for not providing definitive proof.  He is kind of in a no win situation.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yes, I have.  I have read them all, with the exception of LAW and Off The Grid.  I am currently working my way through Jacques Vallee's books before I jump into them. 

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over the fact that he has not come out and definitively said what he thinks is behind this missing persons.  If he is not a hundred percent certain himself what is going on, why would he hazard a guess that may end up being wrong?  I find it plausible that he honestly does not know.

Or, as mentioned earlier, that he has his suspicions but wants to be completely certain before naming it.  

I think that a lot of people in this field speak with too much certainty sometimes, so for someone to say "this is the data that I have gathered.  I honestly don't know what this all means." doesn't bother me.  I guess that he is just a polarizing figure, like pretty much everyone else who gets a name for themselves.

Exact same impression that I have from speaking to him twice, reading his books, and listening to his interviews.

If he came out tomorrow and said that he believes interdimensional  predators are taking people at will, people would attack him then for not providing definitive proof.  He is kind of in a no win situation.

i understand your POV, but a few years ago I sent him an email asking him what he thinks is causing the disappearances after I read Western US

he responded along the lines of:

you’ve been Drinking too much of the Bigfoot kool aid

and then said something like:

once you read all the books you will have a better understanding of what’s going on.

so he basically told me I was drinking too much Bigfoot koolaid and recommended I buy more of his books

2 hours ago, MIB said:

MIB

there used to be a video on YouTube of a seran  wrap creature using camoflouge and it attacked this couple who was recording.  It was the scariest video I’ve seen on YouTube with this kind of stuff.  It’s in my posts but YouTube removed the video 

Edited by RedHawk454

BFF Patron

Saran wrap creatures would definitely be problematic in montane woodlands, there are enough problems with detection without them.   Too bad Youtube removed the video, an intelligence service probably intervened. 

Saran wrap creatures would explain a lot of research dilemmas I have faced, yet there again you've got to be out looking to experience that.  You don't win if you don't play.  However, to be safe, you have to find your level of comfort looking and playing. 

Thank goodness, saran wrap creatures, if resident, have not exposed their glossy backsides to me yet!  Maybe I've been blindsided in other ways?  

Famous last words:

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"

Edited by bipedalist

Ghost Buster story ...........................  answer mysterious.

"More than 30 years before Sheehy’s harrowing experience, another astonishing story unfolded near Pendleton, where 2 1/2-year-old Keith Parkins ran and stumbled over a dozen miles of snow-covered timberland and mountains before he was found 19 hours later. He was stiff and cold, but alive."

“I mean, to me as a parent, I can’t see my 2-year-old climbing over 2 mountain ranges in the dark,” Paulides said. “That’s pretty hard to believe and there are some cases where little kids are alleged to have walked up to 20 miles a night, or climbed phenomenal heights, over 3,000 or 4,000 feet and those are facts and it’s highly hard to believe.”     https://www.koin.com/news/ridiculous-number-of-missing-kids-in-oregon/

Missing kids in Oregon and still unexplained. How does a 2 1/2 year old walk or float over 12 miles in snow and at night? Did bigfoot carry the tike under its arm then let him go where he will be found? Did a human kid napper steal the kid, drive off, then drop him off due to increased police presence.

Edited by georgerm
add more

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

Saran wrap creatures would definitely be problematic in montane woodlands, there are enough problems with detection without them.   Too bad Youtube removed the video, an intelligence service probably intervened. 

Saran wrap creatures would explain a lot of research dilemmas I have faced, yet there again you've got to be out looking to experience that.  You don't win if you don't play.  However, to be safe, you have to find your level of comfort looking and playing. 

Thank goodness, saran wrap creatures, if resident, have not exposed their glossy backsides to me yet!  Maybe I've been blindsided in other ways?  

Famous last words:

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"

il tell you this much, it slowly revleaved itself to the couple recording (mayhapz on an old camcorder, the video looked old) and it looked like it was bipedal and reptilian, like something similar to a mantis 

I’ve seen a lot of the junk on youtube

this one was... disturbing

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

That my friend is the dream of nightmarish hell, I am glad I did not see it.  I don't want to be one of those that never returns to the woods again. 

In reply to 2 1/2 year old traveling 12-20 miles over nocturnal, snowy montane terrain, no that ain't happening under pedal power even in an ADHD kid without serious outside assistance. 

Edited by bipedalist

9 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Ghost Buster story ...........................  answer mysterious.

"More than 30 years before Sheehy’s harrowing experience, another astonishing story unfolded near Pendleton, where 2 1/2-year-old Keith Parkins ran and stumbled over a dozen miles of snow-covered timberland and mountains before he was found 19 hours later. He was stiff and cold, but alive."

“I mean, to me as a parent, I can’t see my 2-year-old climbing over 2 mountain ranges in the dark,” Paulides said. “That’s pretty hard to believe and there are some cases where little kids are alleged to have walked up to 20 miles a night, or climbed phenomenal heights, over 3,000 or 4,000 feet and those are facts and it’s highly hard to believe.”     https://www.koin.com/news/ridiculous-number-of-missing-kids-in-oregon/

Missing kids in Oregon and still unexplained. How does a 2 1/2 year old walk or float over 12 miles in snow and at night? Did bigfoot carry the tike under its arm then let him go where he will be found? Did a human kid napper steal the kid, drive off, then drop him off due to increased police presence.

the Oregon and Washington cases were the most disturbing that  I read in Western

BFF Patron

Oregon and Washington are tough enough without snow, add f'in snow and all bets are off unless you have heavy lift support or are an expert x-country skier or snowmobiler.  I am hoping the old adage of don't worry about finding bigfoot he'll find you is not replaced by the don't worry about finding the saran wrap predator....

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

i understand your POV, but a few years ago I sent him an email asking him what he thinks is causing the disappearances after I read Western US

he responded along the lines of:

you’ve been Drinking too much of the Bigfoot kool aid

and then said something like:

once you read all the books you will have a better understanding of what’s going on.

so he basically told me I was drinking too much Bigfoot koolaid and recommended I buy more of his books

there used to be a video on YouTube of a seran  wrap creature using camoflouge and it attacked this couple who was recording.  It was the scariest video I’ve seen on YouTube with this kind of stuff.  It’s in my posts but YouTube removed the video 

Wow. 

Kool aid? Yeah, that is condescending.  I don't blame you for feeling the way that you do.

I actually came across the Saran wrap video that I believe that you are describing not too long ago. It was attached to a (you guessed it) Missing 411 talk someone put together on YouTube.  

The video showed a humanoid shaped distortion (like the Predator) approaching the camera, followed by the cameraman running away.  

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Wow. 

Kool aid? Yeah, that is condescending.  I don't blame you for feeling the way that you do.

I actually came across the Saran wrap video that I believe that you are describing not too long ago. It was attached to a (you guessed it) Missing 411 talk someone put together on YouTube.  

The video showed a humanoid shaped distortion (like the Predator) approaching the camera, followed by the cameraman running away.  

Yeah he said something along those lines.  If I recall I asked him in the email if he thought Sasquatch was responsible for most of them, and he basically said I was drinking too much of the Bigfoot koolaid and that I need to read the rest of the series ( I  had only read Western at the time and I believe there was 4 or 5  M411 books were out at the time) so I have a better understanding of what’s going 

yeah, that was it.  I too found it in a m411 search 

I posted the link here a while ago.  I searched through  my old posts and found it, but it’s been taken down from YouTube.

Edited by RedHawk454

6 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

.......after time people should be able to call a spade a spade.  AFAIK, he’s never  publicly stated what he thinks is taking people or what is going on........

You can't call it a spade until you have it your hand and show it when called. These are mysterious disappearances. Nobody knows what happened. Some of the mysteries demonstrate baffling evidence, and some offer no evidence at all. As an author telling of such mysteries, he's wise not speculate on cause. He's presenting a story, and people are buying it. The audience will ascribe it to sasquatches, killer bears, little green men, werewolves, etc. I ascribe 99% of them to drownings, falls, and exposure. The remains are simply reclaimed by the environment. 

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

Oregon and Washington are tough enough without snow, add f'in snow and all bets are off.........

Snow makes survival tougher, but it tends to help trackers find remains. 

One evening I lost my trail back to my vehicle. It was late October; no snow yet, but nighttime temps got down to 20.......or colder. All I had was a dog, my rifle, and the clothes on my back. It got dark. I was only a mile or less from pavement, and the direction was obvious, but in the dark I started falling over deadfall hidden in the tall grass. Damned near broke my leg once. I was just getting to the realization that I was going to be sitting there all night feeding a fire when I broke out on a trail. It led me to my rig. It made me remember that the wilderness is a short walk from your vehicle, and the wilderness can and will kill you without mercy or regret.........quickly.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

^ True dat, I am thankful the few times I have been disoriented in the woods I was warm, not hypothermic and able to use reason to extract myself from uncertain conditions. 

I have witnessed young people not aware that getting feet/boots wet in below 20 degree environments could spell doom in just a few miles in.  Some even willingly wading in their boots in such conditions miles in. 

12 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

il tell you this much, it slowly revleaved itself to the couple recording (mayhapz on an old camcorder, the video looked old) and it looked like it was bipedal and reptilian, like something similar to a mantis 

I’ve seen a lot of the junk on youtube

this one was... disturbing

Uhmmm.

No thanks! If that exists, there are no limits to whatever else might be possible.

12 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

il tell you this much, it slowly revleaved itself to the couple recording (mayhapz on an old camcorder, the video looked old) and it looked like it was bipedal and reptilian, like something similar to a mantis .........

http://www.weirdca.com/location.php?location=119

........On Saturday, November 8, 1958, one Charles Wetzel was near Riverside, California when he encountered a strange bipedal, reptilian like creature...........