Missing 411

OhioSquatch

One factor that I do not believe anyone has mentioned during this discussion, but Paulides’ first three books, along with his nabigfootsearch website is dedicated to Bigfoot.  I think to say that he doesn’t want to claim to know what events are happening to be a little misleading.  Would you have an entire website about a subject, dedicate your career to “it” if you felt it was something else besides the subject you were writing about and sharing about on your website?  

Just my opinion, 

hope everyone is staying safe, 

Joseph

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JosephDurham said:

One factor that I do not believe anyone has mentioned during this discussion, but Paulides’ first three books, along with his nabigfootsearch website is dedicated to Bigfoot.  I think to say that he doesn’t want to claim to know what events are happening to be a little misleading.  Would you have an entire website about a subject, dedicate your career to “it” if you felt it was something else besides the subject you were writing about and sharing about on your website?  

Just my opinion, 

Joseph

I believe he was MUFON also.... wide range of interests.

6 hours ago, norseman said:

I believe he was MUFON also.... wide range of interests.

I believe he is still a member of MUFON. I am

a member of MUFON as well, but I do not have access to member lists. But with that being said, he doesn’t have a website dedicated to UFO’s. Perhaps his opinions are changing throughout the years, I’m not certain, I’ve not gotten to read the last few of his books. 

stay safe everyone,

Joseph

13 hours ago, JosephDurham said:

Just my opinion, 

Joseph

I think that he has actually done a nice job of separating his work in the Bigfoot field from Missing 411.  

As he states in pretty much every interview that he has ever done, his initial exposure to the phenomenon was when he was approached by two park rangers while he was on location investigating another 'unrelated subject'. 

Those of us who are familiar with his NABS work know exactly what he was investigating in a national park.  However, most of the non-Bigfoot world really wouldn't know unless they looked into Paulides' past.  I understand why he doesn't really harp on his Bigfoot research, as there is a large segment of the population who either are not interested in Bigfoot or who find the subject ridiculous.  The Missing 411 subject certainly seems to have a certain element of more mainstream acceptance than Bigfoot.  

To me, his introduction to the Missing 411 cases by way of his Bigfoot research seems very logical, but it doesn't mean that he has to believe that Sasquatch is the root cause of the disappearances just because he previously had interest in that topic.

It seems that he certainly alluded to Bigfoot as possibly being a main culprit early on, as in the Dennis Martin case.  However, it honestly seems like the more data he has accumulated that he may very well be unsure of the nature of the cause of these disappearances.

I see no issues with his interest in two possibly unrelated fields, and the progression from Bigfoot to Missing 411 seems completely believable to me.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I think that he has actually done a nice job of separating his work in the Bigfoot field from Missing 411.  

As he states in pretty much every interview that he has ever done, his initial exposure to the phenomenon was when he was approached by two park rangers while he was on location investigating another 'unrelated subject'. 

Those of us who are familiar with his NABS work know exactly what he was investigating in a national park.  However, most of the non-Bigfoot world really wouldn't know unless they looked into Paulides' past.  I understand why he doesn't really harp on his Bigfoot research, as there is a large segment of the population who either are not interested in Bigfoot or who find the subject ridiculous.  The Missing 411 subject certainly seems to have a certain element of more mainstream acceptance than Bigfoot.  

To me, his introduction to the Missing 411 cases by way of his Bigfoot research seems very logical, but it doesn't mean that he has to believe that Sasquatch is the root cause of the disappearances just because he previously had interest in that topic.

It seems that he certainly alluded to Bigfoot as possibly being a main culprit early on, as in the Dennis Martin case.  However, it honestly seems like the more data he has accumulated that he may very well be unsure of the nature of the cause of these disappearances.

I see no issues with his interest in two possibly unrelated fields, and the progression from Bigfoot to Missing 411 seems completely believable to me.

Agreed. That's like saying @hiflier has to believe the BF are beamed down from large black triangles because he's done that research in the past. I'm fairly confident @hiflier doesn't believe that.

HAH! And right you are, NatFoot :) But an odd point to make would be going after the Bigfoot's DNA which could determine if it was terrestrial or extraterrestrial :rolleyes: TBH, though, finding ape brain genes through environmental DNA, or at least primate brain genes that are not Human, would be something I would be quite satisfied with. Dr. Meldrum, Dr. Disotell and Dr. Mayor, I hope you're all reading this.

Edited by hiflier

^^^^ If BF is ET, they are not likely to have DNA we would recognize as DNA via our current testing, we'd have to start from scratch to understand their cellular biochemistry.   Only after that is roughed in could we begin to identify what might be their genetic material.    To suggests non-earth life has DNA like humans is pretty far out there from a scientific perspective.

MIB

17 minutes ago, MIB said:

^^^^ If BF is ET, they are not likely to have DNA we would recognize as DNA via our current testing, we'd have to start from scratch to understand their cellular biochemistry.   Only after that is roughed in could we begin to identify what might be their genetic material.    To suggests non-earth life has DNA like humans is pretty far out there from a scientific perspective.

MIB

If they DID have recognizable or even remotely similar DNA....well, that opens up a whole other kettle of fish.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MIB said:

....... If BF is ET, they are not likely to have DNA we would recognize as DNA via our current testing, we'd have to start from scratch to understand their cellular biochemistry.   Only after that is roughed in could we begin to identify what might be their genetic material.    To suggests non-earth life has DNA like humans is pretty far out there from a scientific perspective........

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22404-martian-genome-is-there-dna-on-the-red-planet/

Craig Venter helped crack the human genome, created the first synthetic cell and has scoured the sea for novel genomes. Now he has set his sights on Mars.

As Technology Review first reported, earlier this week at the Wired Health Conference in New York, Venter outlined plans to send a robotically controlled genome-sequencing unit, or “biological teleporter”, to the Red Planet in order to sequence the genome of alien life that may be there. He’s not the first to suggest doing this.........

6 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Some very smart people believe that life on earth is the result of transpermia.     Life arrived on comets and icy asteroids debris left over from old star systems that had life.    Others take it a step further and believe life on earth has been cultivated by alien intelligences.   If either of these is true then sasquatch DNA may not be totally alien even if they have an other worldly origin.    Life in this section of the galaxy could all be result debris from old star systems and genetically related to that system.   

That brings me to a very vivid dream I had after having several BF contacts.     In the dream I was befriended by a female BF who led me to her family group who was having a gathering.   The family patriarch was a huge grumpy old male.     He did not like me there and let me know about it.   I asked a friendlier younger family member if bigfoot were ET.    The answer to the question was "No we are not from another world,  you are"        I suppose the dream could be because I enjoy watching the Ancient Alien series.   

Reminds me of my first visit to my first girlfriend’s family. 

• Haha 1

I don't know if a sasquatch is of this earth or not. If it is, then it is flesh and blood. With that in mind, there's one thing I find almost startling.

I searched our SSR Database for all reports with "blood". There are only three reports and two are low confidence. That means there is only ONE report with a higher degree of confidence with blood evidence. That report came out of upstate NY in the lower, southwest part of the Adirondacks less than 6 years ago. The blood, which was on a car that was totaled, was not taken for sampling.  It may have been from a deer that the sasquatch was reported carrying when it hit by the motorist.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=45831

Someone should check my search to be sure I did correctly. I was expecting to see many reports. Only one report considered reasonably reliable with blood and it may have been the carried-deer's blood?

Does anyone else find it surprising that from over 7,200 reports, the mention of blood is virtually absent?

Edited by wiiawiwb

That is quite interesting. There's also only a few I recall reading of either a disabled or near death (starving/old age) Sasquatch.

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Does anyone else find it surprising that from over 7,200 reports, the mention of blood is virtually absent?

Blood in the woods is hard to detect and even harder to collect. That would imply anyone, let alone an after that fact note keeper organization like the BFRO, is capable of being on scene really quickly at the exact spot in the woods they need to be. Unless we are talking the business at Honobia, Oklahoma years ago when a guy allegedly shot one a few dozen yards or so from his front porch. Oh forgot, the rain washed that blood away. 🙄

On 4/20/2020 at 5:55 PM, JosephDurham said:

Would you have an entire website about a subject, dedicate your career to “it” if you felt it was something else besides the subject you were writing about and sharing about on your website?

The quotes should actually be around "career." Also, his website is raw, like he did it himself or has amateur upkeep. If he cared about what was on his website he would remove or rephrase his proud endorsement of Melba Ketchum. But his web design is so bad and hard to read that few people likely actually read it. His fans enjoy the subject matter (who doesn't like a good mystery?) and put stock in his former career as a police officer that what he says is relevant. Or is that a straw hat argument, I mean strawman.

Edited by Arvedis