Missing 411

OhioSquatch

BFF Patron
5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I don't know if a sasquatch is of this earth or not. If it is, then it is flesh and blood. With that in mind, there's one thing I find almost startling.

I searched our SSR Database for all reports with "blood". There are only three reports and two are low confidence. That means there is only ONE report with a higher degree of confidence with blood evidence. That report came out of upstate NY in the lower, southwest part of the Adirondacks less than 6 years ago. The blood, which was on a car that was totaled, was not taken for sampling.  It may have been from a deer that the sasquatch was reported carrying when it hit by the motorist.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=45831

Someone should check my search to be sure I did correctly. I was expecting to see many reports. Only one report considered reasonably reliable with blood and it may have been the carried-deer's blood?

Does anyone else find it surprising that from over 7,200 reports, the mention of blood is virtually absent?

There are a number of reports of bigfoot being shot and not only not showing any sign of the bullet impact but not leaving blood trails.     Some of that is likely that the shooter was so shook up that they missed.    A few have been reported to be involved in vehicle crashes but no blood is mentioned.   Either there was none or it was not mentioned because one would expect blood with a pedestrian accident.  The only mention of blood that I can think of is the Smedja report were the juvenile that was shot bled out.  Of course that report is suspicious.   

2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

The quotes should actually be around "career." Also, his website is raw, like he did it himself or has amateur upkeep. If he cared about what was on his website he would remove or rephrase his proud endorsement of Melba Ketchum. But his web design is so bad and hard to read that few people likely actually read it. His fans enjoy the subject matter (who doesn't like a good mystery?) and put stock in his former career as a police officer that what he says is relevant. Or is that a straw hat argument, I mean strawman.

Actually, no.  The “it” was in reference to the subject matter of what he studies or is focusing out in regards to the missing 411 cases.  It appears that as a retired police officer, and his current career is that of research within the missing 411 and the phenomenon surrounding it.  

As for his website, I agree that his canammissing.com website is poorly  designed, but only in regards to the margins.  His nabigfootsearch.com site is done very well, in my opinion.

hope everyone is staying safe, 

take care, 

Joseph

8 hours ago, JosephDurham said:

Actually, no.  The “it” was in reference to the subject matter of what he studies or is focusing out in regards to the missing 411 cases.  It appears that as a retired police officer, and his current career is that of research within the missing 411 and the phenomenon surrounding it. 

technically, he was asked to leave law enforcement but that's none of my business.

If I had to guess what he believes just from reading a few of his books and listening to him talk at bigfoot conference recordings: He thinks Bigfeet are basically a race of primitive people that live deep in the forest. In many of his stories the people report encounters with "wildmen". This also lines up with what the Native Americans in the Hoopa project told him. The US Government knows about this and actively covers it up because of all the issues it would bring up. They would likely be sued for ungodly amounts of money for all of the abductions, rapes, murders that have happened over the years. 

Personally I don't buy in to the theory but I suppose it's interesting and spooky. I'd personally prefer to think its just an animal instead of a real life version of The Hills Have Eyes.

53 minutes ago, Acolyte said:

If I had to guess what he believes just from reading a few of his books and listening to him talk at bigfoot conference recordings: He thinks Bigfeet are basically a race of primitive people that live deep in the forest. In many of his stories the people report encounters with "wildmen". This also lines up with what the Native Americans in the Hoopa project told him. The US Government knows about this and actively covers it up because of all the issues it would bring up. They would likely be sued for ungodly amounts of money for all of the abductions, rapes, murders that have happened over the years. 

Personally I don't buy in to the theory but I suppose it's interesting and spooky. I'd personally prefer to think its just an animal instead of a real life version of The Hills Have Eyes.

Ape is too simple. We can "discover" new chimp populations in remote places like the Congo but we can't find them in our own backyard? Thats a tough sell.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Arvedis said:

🙄

The quotes should actually be around "career." Also, his website is raw, like he did it himself or has amateur upkeep. If he cared about what was on his website he would remove or rephrase his proud endorsement of Melba Ketchum. But his web design is so bad and hard to read that few people likely actually read it. His fans enjoy the subject matter (who doesn't like a good mystery?) and put stock in his former career as a police officer that what he says is relevant. Or is that a straw hat argument, I mean strawman.

That's because he still stands behind Ketchum and her work.  He thinks that she was railroaded by the community.

His website is pretty rough.  I chalk that up to the fact that he keeps a tight rein on any project that he is involved with.  Heck, he probably had his son set up the website.  That, and a general discomfort with social media technology in general. His live presentations are extremely well done, and regardless of how anyone feels about him, he has an encyclopedic knowledge of the cases in Missing 411.  However, his YouTube channel is kind of painful to watch sometimes.  He does seem to be getting more comfortable with his online presentations.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

That's because he still stands behind Ketchum and her work.  He thinks that she was railroaded by the community.

His website is pretty rough.  I chalk that up to the fact that he keeps a tight rein on any project that he is involved with.  Heck, he probably had his son set up the website.  That, and a general discomfort with social media technology in general. His live presentations are extremely well done, and regardless of how anyone feels about him, he has an encyclopedic knowledge of the cases in Missing 411.  However, his YouTube channel is kind of painful to watch sometimes.  He does seem to be getting more comfortable with his online presentations.

Can't imagine how he fell for MK's ongoing hoax. Someone needs to break the news to Paulides that Bluff Creek never had a Sasquatch massacre. I'm sure he'll downplay it and insist he never thought otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Can't imagine how he fell for MK's ongoing hoax. Someone needs to break the news to Paulides that Bluff Creek never had a Sasquatch massacre. I'm sure he'll downplay it and insist he never thought otherwise.

I think that you and I are looking at this differently.

You think Paulides has fallen for a hoax, has been mislead, and might one day realize a different point of view.

I think that he is a true believer in the BFM as well as the Ketchum study.  

I think that he became convinced when he was bandying around the so called lost footage that he claimed to have reviewed by experts years ago.

I don't think that he would back down from. It, because I don't think that he would ever even acknowledge it.  He seems to be leaving this one to Carpenter and Isdahl.

41 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I think that you and I are looking at this differently.

You think Paulides has fallen for a hoax, has been mislead, and might one day realize a different point of view.

I think that he is a true believer in the BFM as well as the Ketchum study.  

I think that he became convinced when he was bandying around the so called lost footage that he claimed to have reviewed by experts years ago.

I don't think that he would back down from. It, because I don't think that he would ever even acknowledge it.  He seems to be leaving this one to Carpenter and Isdahl.

Ketchum study for sure. I don't know how he publicly responds to all questions on that but he's said enough that his stance is on record.  

The footage he was looking at was the bunk MK put together. He thinks or thought it was original lost footage. MK is pretty cunning because this is his passion. His big gimmick is turning it around to try and show people what IS a hoax. That is a classic flim flam man setup to show you what is not a hoax. Best course of action is to screen out everything he says. He is effective though in getting us to spin our wheels a bit to disprove his underhanded approach. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
Admin

Was reading through the StrangeOutdoors site and came across this one. Anybody know if it was covered in any of the 411 books (it seems like a candidate)?

https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/2017/11/1/richard-r-lee-strange-disappearances-from-us-forests

Interesting article on missing people, and yes, BF is mentioned. Also, this case is discussed on StrangeOutdoors.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/why-hundreds-of-people-vanish-into-the-american-wilderness/

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, VAfooter said:

Was reading through the StrangeOutdoors site and came across this one. Anybody know if it was covered in any of the 411 books (it seems like a candidate)?

https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/2017/11/1/richard-r-lee-strange-disappearances-from-us-forests

Interesting article on missing people, and yes, BF is mentioned. Also, this case is discussed on StrangeOutdoors.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/why-hundreds-of-people-vanish-into-the-american-wilderness/

I can't recall reading about that Richard Lee case in any of the 411 books, but I could just be forgetful.

I have never seen that StrangeOutdoors site.  Thanks for the link

Admin

I have not had a chance to read them yet, so I am unaware of what he does cover. Going to bushwhack 20 miles into the Washington National Forest in western VA and them read them all by campfire light.....

StrangeOutdoors seems to be a 411 lite. Selected stories with brief summaries of he case. No judgements are made as to what the reason was for the disappearance, unless it is known. They seem to come out with a "new" case every 3-4 days or so.

Admin

I am not a reddit user, but found these after being directed from other sites while looking for other info. Really weird stuff:

Mother and child lose three hours of time at Clingman's Dome, GSNP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Missing411/comments/6tfzqe/missing_time_in_the_great_smokies_np/

Hiker has surroundings change in a CO NP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Missing411/comments/51m23e/my_very_strange_and_very_frightening_hiking/

Man believes he was almost snatched in Starved Rock State Park, IL:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Missing411/comments/6lpmd9/personal_experience_i_believe_i_was_almost/

Man felt doomed and terrified on neighborhood trail with young son:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170701010428/https://www.reddit.com/r/Missing411/comments/6kequ3/experience2017_i_recently_had_an_experience_that/

If these thinge really happened, then they could certainly explain some of the stranger 411 cases. Not all of them by any means, but at least some of the ones where the individual just "disappeared into thin air".

It's amazing how quickly you lose sight of someone in the woods.  Last week when hiking with my 70yr old dad and an 85yr old friend, we were blazing trail in dense woods where you could see maybe 20 yards.  

The 411 stories were definitely in my mind that day.

In one instance, the 85yr old was slowly making his way up the mountain, and I spotted a beautiful stand of Aspen trees about 20 yards away.  Since we were going so slow and stopping often, I took a quick detour to take a look at the Aspens.  I made my way over, took a couple of pictures, then went to go catch up with the other guys.  Nowhere in sight.  I yelled out for them and no answer.  Both had hearing aids and had them turned off, lol.

It took me a few minutes to catch sight of them.  They never knew I was gone.  Several more times during the day I would stop to take a photo of something and almost lose track of them.

Admin

I fortunately, have never been lost in the woods. I cannot even begin to imagine the panic and fear that would set, especially in an area that I was not familiar with. I guess that is why the first thing to do when lost is to get control of your emotions and thought processes. I suspect some cannot do that and it probably ends very badly for them.