Missing 411

OhioSquatch

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Speaking for myself, definitely.   However, the best of the best failed this year.   Dunno why, but it was **empty**.  

MIB

Are your honey holes close to each other?  I wonder if Fall might help to make up for things and make this year a success.

I have two honey-hole areas which are concentrated regions within which are a number of ponds. I may be at one pond while the sasquatches are at another one a mile away.  That part is a guessing game and maybe even pure luck. That's tough to say. My two honey-hole areas are about 10 miles apart.

I'm beginning to think that magnifying sound, or call blasting, isn't a bad idea. It just might be heard at a pond a mile, or so, away which could possibly drawn one in. Having said that, it would be a real challenge trying to backpack a speaker to a location!

There are small bluetooth speakers you can easily pack in and connect to your phone. There are ones that could produce some pretty loud, quality, noises.

Admin

36 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

No. But I came to the same conclusion. Armed Green Berets that do not coordinate with SR is unheard of. I do not believe they were there to search for Dennis Martin at all.

They were there to eradicate whatever was responsible for his disappearance. What that is? That’s the question everyone wants to know.

42 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

I am familiar with the odd details of the case, including the inclusion of Green Berets in the search and the sighting of something running away carrying something else over its shoulder.

However, it is my first time hearing about the post made by the retired SOCOM guy.  

One of the things that I found interesting that is rarely mentioned, is that Paulides has stated before that one of the authorities involved in the search spoke about 'wild men's who were living in the park that they were unable to find or control.  The impression that I got that these were basically semi-feral humans and not Sasquatch, but I found it interesting.

8 minutes ago, norseman said:

No. But I came to the same conclusion. Armed Green Berets that do not coordinate with SR is unheard of. I do not believe they were there to search for Dennis Martin at all.

They were there to eradicate whatever was responsible for his disappearance. What that is? That’s the question everyone wants to know.

Especially when you consider that the Green Berets showed up, immediately took over complete control over the search bar NBA particular area, did not allow other searchers to enter that area, and conducted the 'search' whilst armed.

Admin

Let me just clarify, I was talking about that particular linked page and the alleged retired military comments; NOT the Dennis Martin case in general. 

Yes, the impression I got as well were that the wildmen were mountain people who, for whatever reason, did not want to be found or bothered by civilization. If the person claiming to be retired military is on the up and up, it raises serious questions about the whole case. However, if you read the comments there are a number of folks who point out possible inconsistancies in his comments and claim that he is hoaxing. You can decide for yourself, I just thought it was an interesting slant on the case that I had not seen before, even though it was published in 2017.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Conjecturing ideas there are only a few things that woull involve the armed military like was described.     Foreign entities,   one of their own gone rogue,  or ET.    Take your pick.   If bigfoot was involved that would put BF in the last group since it would not fit into the two oter categories.  .   Having seen a military operation one day iin the Gifford Pinchot, I know stuff happens where it should not be happening.  

Admin

Short article on those "feelings" one sometimes gets in the woods:

https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/2020/9/23/weird-vibes-in-the-wilderness

The most intense fear, actually terror, I ever felt in the woods was caused by a western gray squirrel staring at me from a foot or two from my head. I have had many more dangerous encounters with creatures and circumstance with a lot less fear than what that cute little fuzzy critter sitting quietly on a branch by my head gave me. Once I located the cause, the terror disappeared.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2020 at 1:15 PM, wiiawiwb said:

Are your honey holes close to each other?  I wonder if Fall might help to make up for things and make this year a success.

Close .. is a relative term.   It presents a puzzle.    It could theoretically be done in a single 25-26 mile loop.    However, to lug all of the stuff many of those miles is discouraging.  Maybe better to approach it as 3 separate day hikes, two from the same trailhead, walk in about 2 miles, then one trip go NW and the other WSW, then the third hike start on the opposite side of the mountain range and come in almost, but not quite, far enough to overlap.

My hope, with deer season starting 10/3, if the weather is really too nice to hunt, I might take a water filter, a day pack with a couple trail cams to set out, and wander the woods.   Still about a 12 mile hike though.   We'll see.

MIB

My two honey-hole areas contain several locations within each one so there are a number of options to choose from. The two areas are not connected and could not be traversed on foot. 

On 9/23/2020 at 9:35 PM, VAfooter said:

https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/2020/9/23/weird-vibes-in-the-wilderness

One of two areas always has me on edge. I'm never comfortable there.  Both of two fellow sasquachers I go with say the same thing. None of us have ever had that feeling or sense on the other area. Go figure.

@VAFooter - thanks for sharing

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

My two honey-hole areas contain several locations within each one so there are a number of options to choose from. The two areas are not connected and could not be traversed on foot. 

One of two areas always has me on edge. I'm never comfortable there.  Both of two fellow sasquachers I go with say the same thing. There have been sightings/encounters in both areas by people we know yet I'm not uncomfortable whatsoever in the other area. Go figure.

Did the people who reported the sightings also say that they felt uncomfortable there?

On 9/23/2020 at 9:35 PM, VAfooter said:

This happened to me twice.  The first was a WTF moment during a driving snow storm.   I ran for about a mile before I came back to my senses,  The second time was due to a couple of deer.  I now know when it strikes to slowly scan the area and look for hidden animals that are afraid of me.  I am picking up on their fear.

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

One of two areas always has me on edge. I'm never comfortable there.  Both of two fellow sasquachers I go with say the same thing. None of us have ever had that feeling or sense on the other area. Go figure.

@VAFooter - thanks for sharing

I would like to get my infrasound detection gear set up in that area.     I would bet its more likely than not that you are getting doses of infrasound in that particular area when you are having feelings of dread.     If it was not such a pain to set up and run, I would loan it to you.      Better yet,   do you have a good digital sound recorder?     If you do, record when you are having the feelings.    I would be happy to look at the recordings with Sonic Visualizer to see if I can pick see anything.        You want to record when there is very little background noise.     Quieter the better.    Because the recorders are not designed to record infrasound,   the normal sound levels have to be very low to not wash out the infrasound.    PM me if you want more information.    

Edited by SWWASAS

@BRB

@SWWASAS

Neither of the two sightings were formally reported as these were guys out sasquatching. One sighting by two guys during the visible hours before dark.  It scared one so badly that he didn't go back into the woods for several years. He's a big guy too. The other sighting was another time and about mile and a half away from the other incident. There were four or five guys sitting at a campfire and one said he could see a sasquatch poke its head from behind a tree watching them. He jumped up and took off after it but it was gone. None of the others saw it. No indications of dread was mentioned in either incident.

I do know of another incident in that same area told to me by a friend. He and another heard a low growl at night when they were at the campfire. They got up and very slowly stepped closer. They said they stopped when they felt they were being "zapped" as they were familiar with infrasound.  They retreated back to their camp and never got to see what it was. They later long after the incident they were glad they didn't find out.

I wasn't there for any of these but trust the ones who were.

It's very odd how myself and two friends all have that weird feeling as though we're being watched and that something is not right every time we're in that area. All of us have a fair amount of time spent in the woods too. There's something going on-- I just don't know what it is.

I have a SONY PCM-M10 which is a decent sound recorder that I usually keep in my backpack. I'll move it to my chest pack so it can be easily accessed to record. That's a great idea SWWASAS. Thanks.