Missing 411

OhioSquatch

Admin
5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

It scared one so badly that he didn't go back into the woods for several years.

This is one of the most compelling pieces of "evidence" for me. When lifelong hunters and woodsmen encounter something in the woods and they are so frightened, they give it up for a long time, if not forever, that says something to me. These folks know what is, and is not normal in the woods. All the hunters I have known, absolutely love it and would not quit on a whim. This indicates that something outside of their known reality happened and it shook them to the core.

• Like 1

BFF Patron
On 9/26/2020 at 1:38 AM, wiiawiwb said:

@BRB

@SWWASAS

Neither of the two sightings were formally reported as these were guys out sasquatching. One sighting by two guys during the visible hours before dark.  It scared one so badly that he didn't go back into the woods for several years. He's a big guy too. The other sighting was another time and about mile and a half away from the other incident. There were four or five guys sitting at a campfire and one said he could see a sasquatch poke its head from behind a tree watching them. He jumped up and took off after it but it was gone. None of the others saw it. No indications of dread was mentioned in either incident.

I do know of another incident in that same area told to me by a friend. He and another heard a low growl at night when they were at the campfire. They got up and very slowly stepped closer. They said they stopped when they felt they were being "zapped" as they were familiar with infrasound.  They retreated back to their camp and never got to see what it was. They later long after the incident they were glad they didn't find out.

I wasn't there for any of these but trust the ones who were.

It's very odd how myself and two friends all have that weird feeling as though we're being watched and that something is not right every time we're in that area. All of us have a fair amount of time spent in the woods too. There's something going on-- I just don't know what it is.

I have a SONY PCM-M10 which is a decent sound recorder that I usually keep in my backpack. I'll move it to my chest pack so it can be easily accessed to record. That's a great idea SWWASAS. Thanks.

I missed out on recording some significant stuff because it was stowed away, so now mount it on top of my pack and run it all the time I am in the field.    Even that failed me once because I would park at a trailhead,  go to the passenger side,   start the recoder and put on my pack before leaving the vehicle.   That time,   I went to the passenger side, opened the door,  needed to pee, so started peeing before turning on the recorder.    Apparently a BF was near watching, and did a chest slapping bluff charge,  apparently enranged that I was marking territory.   Had I not been peeing already,  I would have wet myself.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 6:49 AM, VAfooter said:

This is one of the most compelling pieces of "evidence" for me. When lifelong hunters and woodsmen encounter something in the woods and they are so frightened, they give it up for a long time, if not forever, that says something to me. These folks know what is, and is not normal in the woods. All the hunters I have known, absolutely love it and would not quit on a whim. This indicates that something outside of their known reality happened and it shook them to the core.

The friend I often backpack with is a lifelong hunter and bigfoot enthusiast.    We do a bit of research together .. mostly compare notes and call on each other when we need brainstorming.

In 1998, long before I met any of them, he and another of his friends hiked into the area I now research for a couple days of swimming and fishing.   In those days they were not "packing" on such trips.    Some "somethings" tromped through the corner of the camp spot, stopped, and one broke away from the group approaching the tent, touched it, dragged its hand across the fabric, and exchanged "muttering" similar to the Sierra sounds back and forth with the others before leaving.   They didn't know what to do so they went to sleep.   The next morning the dog had to be pried out of the tent and would no longer go out in the yard to pee after dark .. in town.   Broke its spirit.  

My now-friend and I met online on a forum in 2010 and in person in spring of 2011.   Though he'd gone to that spot a couple times a year before that experience 1998, he didn't go back again 'til we went together .. mid-late August of 2011.    He said he wanted to, planned to, but he could always find some reason not to.   

So .. yeah.

MIB

• Upvote 2

On 9/27/2020 at 12:35 PM, SWWASAS said:

I missed out on recording some significant stuff because it was stowed away, so now mount it on top of my pack and run it all the time I am in the field.    Even that failed me once because I would park at a trailhead,  go to the passenger side,   start the recoder and put on my pack before leaving the vehicle.   That time,   I went to the passenger side, opened the door,  needed to pee, so started peeing before turning on the recorder.    Apparently a BF was near watching, and did a chest slapping bluff charge,  apparently enranged that I was marking territory.   Had I not been peeing already,  I would have wet myself.  

We turned off our cameras to eat a few weeks ago...and the siren like wail that I mentioned earlier occurred.  

We are now trying to place our H4N Pro in a central location and leave it running nonstop.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Some "somethings" tromped through the corner of the camp spot, stopped, and one broke away from the group approaching the tent, touched it, dragged its hand across the fabric, and exchanged "muttering" similar to the Sierra sounds back and forth with the others before leaving.   They didn't know what to do so they went to sleep.   The next morning the dog had to be pried out of the tent and would no longer go out in the yard to pee after dark .. in town.   Broke its spirit.  

No firearm and something goes through the camp touching the tent. Yikes. How everyone fell asleep is beyond me. I find it difficult to sleep when I'm sasquatching but eventually, early into the morning, I'll doze off. I don't want to miss anything.  It would be disconcerting to know that when you're in camp, you're still within their reach whenever they want.

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

We are now trying to place our H4N Pro in a central location and leave it running nonstop.

Great idea. I think I will try to start doing that. When in camp, put the sound recorder in a location and just let it run.

I'm heading out tomorrow for an overnight and will just put the recorder out there so I don't miss a howl, scream, or some other noise.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

No firearm and something goes through the camp touching the tent. Yikes. How everyone fell asleep is beyond me. I find it difficult to sleep when I'm sasquatching but eventually, early into the morning, I'll doze off. I don't want to miss anything.  It would be disconcerting to know that when you're in camp, you're still within their reach whenever they want.

Great idea. I think I will try to start doing that. When in camp, put the sound recorder in a location and just let it run.

I'm heading out tomorrow for an overnight and will just put the recorder out there so I don't miss a howl, scream, or some other noise.

Yeah, it was frustrating.  We even say into the cameras "We are going to turn these off, take a break, and eat."  While we are cooking hotdogs over the fire the wail started up.  Started low, built in intensity, worked back down, then started back up.  Once we got over our initial shock, we ran and got the cameras.  It was so faint by then the camera mics couldn't pick it up. 

We keep going back up there with the recorder, but no luck on an encore. 

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, it was frustrating.  We even say into the cameras "We are going to turn these off, take a break, and eat."  While we are cooking hotdogs over the fire the wail started up.  Started low, built in intensity, worked back down, then started back up.  Once we got over our initial shock, we ran and got the cameras.  It was so faint by then the camera mics couldn't pick it up. 

We keep going back up there with the recorder, but no luck on an encore. 

You don't suppose that the hotdogs smelled good and a BF was hungry?  Next time ask them? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Different things cause each person stress / anxiety and each person responds to it differently when it happens.    May be partly a coping mechanism.   May be partly a fatalistic view .. we're here now, and what's going to happen is going to happen.   Maybe overall being farther in our comfort zone "out there" because we spend a lot of time out there.   Dunno.   The other angle is we are seldom "sasquatching".    We're aware of them, sometimes time our trips to coincide with when we think they'll be around, but we're not chasing them and not tricking them, so if there is interaction, it's by their choice.    Since there is no history here of violence or anything beyond bluffing people who got too close, there's nothing rational to worry about.     There are other places I might be a lot more concerned.

So far as sleep, I'll toss out an example for consideration.   Both times I've gone in for surgery, after the check-in, meeting with the doc to confirm what's being done, surgery prep, getting "gowned", I've fallen asleep in the staging area when we were waiting for our turn in the operating room.    Stress, yes, but nothing to do about it, and at a point it changes into a form of boredom.    So .. nap.

.. but that's my "wiring" and more or less my friend's "wiring", doesn't mean it is how others respond.

MIB

26 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

You don't suppose that the hotdogs smelled good and a BF was hungry?  Next time ask them? 

Lol.  We are actually going back up there this weekend and cook hotdogs just to see if we get a response.

It did sound sad in a way... mournful.  Maybe it was upset that I didn't bring enough for him.

BFF Patron

As I have mentioned before,   I wonder if setting up a buffet table in BF country might be a way to get a good look.  One time through the buffet line on Sunday morning, and you might have them lined up every Sunday.  

Today is the first day of elk and deer season for firearms in Idaho.  Hopefully we don't have any missing hunters come Monday.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2020 at 1:51 PM, MIB said:

The friend I often backpack with is a lifelong hunter and bigfoot enthusiast.    We do a bit of research together .. mostly compare notes and call on each other when we need brainstorming.

In 1998, long before I met any of them, he and another of his friends hiked into the area I now research for a couple days of swimming and fishing.   In those days they were not "packing" on such trips.    Some "somethings" tromped through the corner of the camp spot, stopped, and one broke away from the group approaching the tent, touched it, dragged its hand across the fabric, and exchanged "muttering" similar to the Sierra sounds back and forth with the others before leaving.   They didn't know what to do so they went to sleep.   The next morning the dog had to be pried out of the tent and would no longer go out in the yard to pee after dark .. in town.   Broke its spirit.  

My now-friend and I met online on a forum in 2010 and in person in spring of 2011.   Though he'd gone to that spot a couple times a year before that experience 1998, he didn't go back again 'til we went together .. mid-late August of 2011.    He said he wanted to, planned to, but he could always find some reason not to.   

So .. yeah.

MIB

having a dog react like that with such intensity and permanency does not at all seem to me to be a normal reaction to a purely physical being.  have you ever heard of a dog reacting that way to any other animal?  even a grizzly bear?  i have not.  have you thought of this and how do you account for it?

12 hours ago, trapper said:

having a dog react like that with such intensity and permanency does not at all seem to me to be a normal reaction to a purely physical being.  have you ever heard of a dog reacting that way to any other animal?  even a grizzly bear?  i have not.  have you thought of this and how do you account for it?

That reaction has nothing to do with something being physical vs nonphysical.  

I had not considered that seriously because it is based on a false premise, so rather, I dismiss it summarily.   I have not merely heard of a dog reacting that way, but I have seen it.  I think that's irrelevant to your query since I am distinctly purely physical, flesh and blood. 

Regarding the reaction to bigfoot, there's a good bit of science available.   The response reported is congruent with observed responses to infrasound.   Since I, personally, have experienced infrasound on several occasions, the dog's reaction makes sense.    If you wish, you can read up on infrasound online.   I would avoid the fringy woo-ish stuff and stick with the scientific articles.   The more you know about what has been documented under controlled / laboratory conditions regarding infrasound, the more you'll see parallels with the reports coming from the bigfoot field.     I have never encountered anything that falls outside of the known effects of infrasound other than possibly (this is interpretation, not strictly observation) incredible night vision.   I've heard about much else but I haven't experienced it personally so I can't vouch for it.

MIB

12 minutes ago, MIB said:

That reaction has nothing to do with something being physical vs nonphysical.  

I had not considered that seriously because it is based on a false premise, so rather, I dismiss it summarily.   I have not merely heard of a dog reacting that way, but I have seen it.  I think that's irrelevant to your query since I am distinctly purely physical, flesh and blood. 

Regarding the reaction to bigfoot, there's a good bit of science available.   The response reported is congruent with observed responses to infrasound.   Since I, personally, have experienced infrasound on several occasions, the dog's reaction makes sense.    If you wish, you can read up on infrasound online.   I would avoid the fringy woo-ish stuff and stick with the scientific articles.   The more you know about what has been documented under controlled / laboratory conditions regarding infrasound, the more you'll see parallels with the reports coming from the bigfoot field.     I have never encountered anything that falls outside of the known effects of infrasound other than possibly (this is interpretation, not strictly observation) incredible night vision.   I've heard about much else but I haven't experienced it personally so I can't vouch for it.

MIB

i am generally aware of the tie between bigfoot and infra-sound through bob gymlans channel on youtube but have not read any of the data myself and honestly had not thought about that possibility before asking my question.  still even after thinking about that piece ive never heard of infra sound "breaking" an animal....  and it seems strange that one encounter with infra sound could do that to an animal doesn't it?   a dog being broken over one incident just seems very extreme to me.  not saying it is not possible or anything but it just peaks my interest and curiosity a little.

have you read studies about infra sound permanently breaking a hunting dog or any animal even?  again im not trying to prove the idea wrong or anything but it just doesn't sit right for me.

On 9/26/2020 at 7:49 AM, VAfooter said:

i dont see how anyone can completely dismiss the reports of highly experienced hunters who claim they witness a bigfoot.   there is a bigfoot experiencer named steve on youtube who has literally spent more time in the woods hunting than indoors.    he is a hunting guide and that has been his life for many many years.  i consider that person to be an expert and cant dismiss his story or people like him.