More shots taken at Bigfoot

BlackRockBigfoot

Man shoots at Bigfoot trying to enter his home

I know that this article has been posted here in the News in Brief section, but I am curious as to everyone's thoughts. 

First the Mammoth Caves shooting incident and now this.  Is Bigfoot activity increasing, causing more encounters like these?  Or is Bigfoot so engrained in the public's minds these days that they are automatically defaulting to Bigfoot as the culprit of any strange occurrences?  

If these are real encounters, what will the effect of shootings like this if they continue to occur?  Will it make an already elusive creature that more 'gun-shy'?  Or will it up the level of aggression in the areas where the shootings occur?

While I hope that there are no injuries, I think that incidents like this go a long ways towards limiting certain hoaxes.  Who is going to be willing to dress up in a costume in order to fool a few people if the very real danger of gunfire exists?

Admin

Not sure what to make of this report.

Lorain Street

Lorain_Street.thumb.png.c23290a6407ea2077b66637c8f5f4f8b.png

Bigger picture

Lorain2.thumb.png.eaeea31323ff3a5bf60722c740182737.png

It is on the outskirts of Cleveland and thus, in a heavily populated area. However, there appears to be plenty of green space and potential travel lanes to more secluded areas. Gut feeling is that I think it is

kind of doubtful, but the guy seems to believe that it is a BF.....

Some BF organization needs to investigate the area and see what they can turn up. If the BF is coming for food, should be fairly easy to find some evidence of it being around.

• Upvote 1

During questioning, the man told police about a female who was reportedly missing from the area that he believes was taken by the “creature.”

BFRO covers this area so hopefully they are investigating. 

A bigfoot might be able to survive in a residential area with large areas of green space and wetlands since they hunt and travel at night. 

During questioning, the man told police about a female who was reportedly missing from the area that he believes was taken by the “creature.”

This stories always pop up into the national news, then disappear without any follow-up.

Remember the 'rogue primate' that was attacking pets in Texas?  No word on whether they caught an escaped monkey or anything.  The story just disappeared from national and local news.  

Remember the animal attacks in Kentucky where they could not determine what was doing the killing?  The story disappears.

I know that we live in a 24 hour news cycle and that the media needs to keep things fresh in order to guarantee viewership, however you would think that at least the local news would continue the story.  I mean, that's some pretty sensational stuff to happen in a small town.

23 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Man shoots at Bigfoot trying to enter his home

I know that this article has been posted here in the News in Brief section, but I am curious as to everyone's thoughts. 

First the Mammoth Caves shooting incident and now this.  Is Bigfoot activity increasing, causing more encounters like these?  Or is Bigfoot so engrained in the public's minds these days that they are automatically defaulting to Bigfoot as the culprit of any strange occurrences?  

If these are real encounters, what will the effect of shootings like this if they continue to occur?  Will it make an already elusive creature that more 'gun-shy'?  Or will it up the level of aggression in the areas where the shootings occur?

While I hope that there are no injuries, I think that incidents like this go a long ways towards limiting certain hoaxes.  Who is going to be willing to dress up in a costume in order to fool a few people if the very real danger of gunfire exists?

Or..... the whole thing is sensationalist horse hockey.

3 minutes ago, starchunk said:

Or..... the whole thing is sensationalist horse hockey.

Certain people say the same thing about every reported witness encounter...

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

BFF Patron

Well Land of the Lakes and Kentucky wildlands are hotspots for sure.  Cave systems are probably a good prospect for BF in the Cumberlands in Tenn/Ky and also maybe even caves in WVA.   BF are known to pound on houses and trailers.  A few incidents of doorknob rattling might be in the mix.  Otherwise rock throwing seems to be the response to buildings.  

Having experienced black bears tearing into house structures I would think they are the more likely culprit for a home invasion.   It is sort of like some certain hearings going on in that if you research and prod enough you might just p*ss someone or something off.  

I have not read the report so will amend my response once I do. 

Stan Courtney has a large database of sightings near Chicago so what is Cleveland in the big picture?

We had a guy scaredcamper on this forum with a terrifying Land of the Lakes campsite sighting where the BF emerged from the Lake and was aggressive and chucked a huge log at him and his compadres forcing them to pack up and leave their campsite and supplies returning the next day to recover them.  It was a very detailed and authentic accounting of terror. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

Well Land of the Lakes and Kentucky wildlands are hotspots for sure.  Cave systems are probably a good prospect for BF in the Cumberlands in Tenn/Ky and also maybe even caves in WVA.   BF are known to pound on houses and trailers.  A few incidents of doorknob rattling might be in the mix.  Otherwise rock throwing seems to be the response to buildings.  

Having experienced black bears tearing into house structures I would think they are the more likely culprit for a home invasion.   It is sort of like some certain hearings going on in that if you research and prod enough you might just p*ss someone or something off.  

I have not read the report so will amend my response once I do. 

Stan Courtney has a large database of sightings near Chicago so what is Cleveland in the big picture?

We had a guy scaredcamper on this forum with a terrifying Land of the Lakes campsite sighting where the BF emerged from the Lake and was aggressive and chucked a huge log at him and his compadres forcing them to pack up and leave their campsite and supplies returning the next day to recover them.  It was a very detailed and authentic accounting of terror. 

Off to find this guy's encounter.  Thanks for referencing it.

32 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I just looked and didn't find it, if you find it please post the link here. And it's called "Land Between the Lakes", or more commonly know as LBL........ Been doing research there for lot of years now. Drive 12 hours twice a month to check the gear and look around. Have had 4 wireless black led trail cams in that place for over two years now. Had four but one was stolen last year, then the ignorant dummy tried to turn it on and register it in his name, he was contacted by the local police and charged with theft. It was cut and dry since the dummy stood right in front of the camera and it sent me their pictures long they were stealing it. They had no idea it was wireless. This is the first place I ever recorded Bigfoot howls years ago. You gotta know where to go in there to find them, and it's a big place to find Bigfoot.

Edited by TritonTr196

BFF Patron
35 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It would be BFF 1.0 which is a separate section of the forum. 

I believe premium access is required to go to the section now IIRC, scared camper was definitely the moniker though.  

Premium members are not allowed to post links to that section IIRC or risk censure, not that the link would work anyway for non-premium members. 

Mods/admins can chime in if I am wrong or maybe the steering committee can be petitioned to change the rules. 

Edited by bipedalist

Admin

Yup, a Premium membership is required. If the SC decides to put the BFF 1.0 on the general forum, I wouldn't be opposed.

2 hours ago, gigantor said:

Yup, a Premium membership is required. If the SC decides to put the BFF 1.0 on the general forum, I wouldn't be opposed.

Ii need to get a premium membership anyway.  

I enjoy the forums a great deal, and would like to show my support.

• Upvote 4

^^As a BFF fan, I appreciate your attitude and welcome you to the premium section. I hope you enjoy the saucier funnies posted there, too!

• Thanks 1