SweatyYeti

Patty's Feet.....and The Footprints

Bigfoothunter

I was discussing the creation of tracks in soil without leaving behind obvious evidence.

I know about sandy loamy soil .... was raised around it all my life while fishing creeks. I've tracked animals in it - drawn in it - and erased over what I had written and could see where I disturbed it afterwards. I've been to Bluff Creek and seen the sandbar in question to see how nature has formed it. Even in the wide angle shots of the creature - Kerry complained that he could not see where the subjects feet made contact with the ground with any of its steps due to the unevenness of the substrate. That unevenness is also reflected in film frames and any contraption like you explained making would have no choice but to flatten the high spots of the substrate. Then it would need to be continually moved to the next print and so on where the same problems would occur over and over again.

footdynamicsinthesteppingprocess_zpse18c

I find your theory almost childlike in its simplicity and failing to relate to the real world as I know it. And while Sweaty Yeti was partially correct that you are one of many skeptics - you are the only one that I have met that has come up with the notion that such a device could be moved around that sandbar and not leave signs of it behind. I find your proposal ludicrous.

• Upvote 1

Wheellug

Actually, the reason why there is no proof is Roger used an old military prototype hover craft, the Hiller Flying Platform.  No trace was left as he hovered above each step.   No one saw the hovercraft there as he flew away with it and placed it into hiding.... 

Just as plausible as someone laying down Logs, that can support the weight of a person while they walk the balance beam and place tracks.. however many there were.. over and over... and over.

And of course they had to carry the logs, move them from place to place - again without leaving a trace of something heavy being there in either sand, loam, stone and what ever else was there, extend them out in such a fashion as to not drop them and leave marks.

See-Te-Cah NC

This topic is locked until the staff can deal with the reports and the back and forth personally degrading statements between various members. It may also stay locked to allow some of you to cool off.

Admin

Please post in the new thread, this one has reached it's maximum post limits and will remain closed.