Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

Does anyone have any insight on this up-coming travel Channel series and the rope you in statement.." one of the greatest pieces of video evidence in BF history ever recorded ?

Stinky

Hmmm...

I have heard about this series, but not about their claim of evidence.  I wonder if it is something substantial or just hype for the series?

27 minutes ago, Big Stinky said:

one of the greatest pieces of video evidence in BF history ever recorded ?

I'd bet that means the PGF.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Looks like the Travel Channel's version of the Animal Channel's "Finding Bigfoot".

Ho, Hummm...........

There is a big interest in Sasquatch related TV  right now.  Networks are hungry for shows concerning the topic.

My fiancee is also my research partner, and she thought it would be cool to put some of our outings on YouTube and Instagram.  Not as a money making venture, but just because she has become obsessed with the phenomenon and wants to expose more people to the reality of the subject.

She had only put a few things online before she got contacted by a non-scripted entertainment production company expressing their interest in her and wanting to explore the possibility of crafting a reality show around her investigations.  During her conversations with them, the repeatedly said that many networks are soliciting Bigfoot or cryptozoology based shows.  Production companies are going to fill that need with content...some probably better than others.  

It will be interesting to see how this one is presented... 

BFF Patron

https://deadline.com/2019/11/expedition-bigfoot-premiere-date-travel-channel-1202777023/     Here is a link to their announcement.     8 Episodes and filmed in Central Oregon.    Starts December 8.      What I consider Central Oregon  is not wooded.    Have no idea where they are talking about.  

I don't know who any of them are except "Russell Acord: Author of Footprints of a Legend and Bigfoot and the Tripwire, event coordinator for The International Bigfoot Conference.", which are corny BF fiction and yet another recently started conference, seemingly mostly motivated by avarice and imagination. I imagine it's a heavily edited FB template, chasing legitimate evidence around without much resulting.

4 minutes ago, JKH said:

I don't know who any of them are except "Russell Acord: Author of Footprints of a Legend and Bigfoot and the Tripwire, event coordinator for The International Bigfoot Conference.", which are corny BF fiction and yet another recently started conference, seemingly mostly motivated by avarice and imagination. I imagine it's a heavily edited FB template, chasing legitimate evidence around without much resulting.

Yup.  With the exception of the Survivorman Bigfoot show, most of them are...

BFF Patron

Well if they are going to look in Central Oregon they have blown their chance to find anything.    Other than the SE Corner of the State,  central Oregon is the least forested part of the state.   Maybe some of the members of the team are afraid to be in the forest.   I have heard that some flatlanders from the Midwest get claustrophobic in the woods.  

Edited by SWWASAS

13 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

What I consider Central Oregon  is not wooded.

Central Oregon is anything from the Cascade Crest east to where service starts to come from US 395 rather than US 97.   There is an epic amount of forest on the east slope of the Cascades extending out to the edge of the basin and range sage country.   The east slope of the Cascades has a huge number of bigfoot reports.    Head of the Metolius River, for instance.   There are also quite a few from the Ochoco Mountains NE of Prineville and around Paulina and East Lakes SE from Bend.   Lot down towards Klamath Falls / Sprague River area, too.

Funny thing .. there are some reports from out in the sage.   They mostly come from areas around stock watering areas.   I wonder if human activity, adding stock watering troughs in the desert which are filled from deep wells via propane pumps and wildmills, have created "islands" by which bigfoots can now leap-frog across what was previously uncrossable desert.  

22 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Have no idea where they are talking about.  

I have lots of ideas :) ... but no certain knowledge.    I'd guess either head of the Metolius, Camp Sherman, Tam McArthur Rim, or a little south around Century Drive / Mt Bachelor.   

2 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I don't know who any of them are except "Russell Acord

I vaguely know Russ.   Russ often transports Bob Gimlin to events.   There was another bigfoot notable who did that until somewhat recently.   That guy .. I won't name names .. seemed to be milking the relationship for every $$ he could.   Russ **appears** to be treating Bob more respectfully, less as a resource to be leveraged for cash.    I can change my mind if things prove otherwise down the road, but for now, I think Russ is ok.

MIB

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron

I grew up in Eastern Oregon (Ontario area)  and really got tired of explaining to fellow college students where I was from.    I would say Eastern Oregon and most of them would ask me if it was Bend.    To those along the I-5 corridor Eastern Oregon is anything East of the Cascades.     To me Bend is Western Oregon.    So central Oregon really depends on where your frame of reference is.   But if you look at Google Earth,  and I just did that.    The center third of the State has very little forest.    Just a few strips along ridges in the South Central part.    

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Central Oregon is anything from the Cascade Crest east to where service starts to come from US 395 rather than US 97.   There is an epic amount of forest on the east slope of the Cascades extending out to the edge of the basin and range sage country.   The east slope of the Cascades has a huge number of bigfoot reports.    Head of the Metolius River, for instance.   There are also quite a few from the Ochoco Mountains NE of Prineville and around Paulina and East Lakes SE from Bend.   Lot down towards Klamath Falls / Sprague River area, too.

Funny thing .. there are some reports from out in the sage.   They mostly come from areas around stock watering areas.   I wonder if human activity, adding stock watering troughs in the desert which are filled from deep wells via propane pumps and wildmills, have created "islands" by which bigfoots can now leap-frog across what was previously uncrossable desert.  

I have lots of ideas :) ... but no certain knowledge.    I'd guess either head of the Metolius, Camp Sherman, Tam McArthur Rim, or a little south around Century Drive / Mt Bachelor.   

I vaguely know Russ.   Russ often transports Bob Gimlin to events.   There was another bigfoot notable who did that until somewhat recently.   That guy .. I won't name names .. seemed to be milking the relationship for every $$ he could.   Russ **appears** to be treating Bob more respectfully, less as a resource to be leveraged for cash.    I can change my mind if things prove otherwise down the road, but for now, I think Russ is ok.

MIB

I would drive Bob around on my dime just so we could talk Mules!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, norseman said:

I would drive Bob around on my dime just so we could talk Mules!

Me, too, and I don't even have a mule.  :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

.......Networks are hungry for shows concerning the topic.........

Networks are hungry for any content in their niche at all. There is a LOT of entertainment competition out there.......and very little good sasquatch hunting.

........My fiancee is also my research partner, and she thought it would be cool to put some of our outings on YouTube and Instagram.  Not as a money making venture, but just because she has become obsessed with the phenomenon and wants to expose more people to the reality of the subject........

I'm much more interested in YouTube presentations of independent sasquatch hunts than anything the networks publish. I think all the silly monster "reality shows" ruined that for me.

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

........8 Episodes and filmed in Central Oregon.    Starts December 8.      What I consider Central Oregon  is not wooded.    Have no idea where they are talking about.  

I'm guessing they mean the central Cascades west of Bend in the Willamette and Deschutes National Forests.