Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

Someone should make a reality show of the process of selecting bigfooters to be part of a reality show.  With Finding BF, it was obviously someone identifying Moneymaker's operation. The 10 million (fake) bounty was all nincompoops. This one doesn't resonate too much.  Seems pretty tame which would be par for that network which is uninteresting.

I don't know anything about the evidence they captured, but I'm looking forward to watching the show. Great to see Bigfoot back in the spotlight 👍🏻

There is a ton of timber in the Aldrige mountains near John Day. Many an ungulate has succumbed to shaft and broadhead launched from my hunting partners and myself there as well as the Ochaco, Paulina and La pine areas. All in timber.

I consider the Bend area to be in Central Oregon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Someone should make a reality show of the process of selecting bigfooters to be part of a reality show........

I've known several reality show stars. One of the first was Rudy Bosch, the Navy Seal contestant on season 1 of Survivor, the original reality show. He passed away just the other day. I forget how Rudy got to be on the show. I think his fellow Seals put him up to it, and the producers loved the idea of a former Seal being on the show. He ended up being among the finalists.

Another friend was on one of these silly Alaskan monster shows. He was checked by an Alaska State Trooper while working his trapline and the Trooper was being filmed by a National Geographic crew as part of their Alaska State Trooper reality show. After being checked by the Trooper and leaving, the crew and Trooper ran him down so the crew could talk to him some more. He ended up being contacted a year or so later by another production group for the silly monster show.

I'm also not sure how Chip Hailstone got his family on Life Below Zero, but I think it was by hearing about the opportunity through the grapevine and making contact with the producers like Rudy. When the producers met Agnes, she sold the deal for sure. She's the real deal.

But I don't watch any of those silly shows. I did watch Season 1 of Survivor, but didn't bother after Rudy left soon after Season 2 started.

• Upvote 1

with the Mountain Monsters popularity where there's a Sasquatch lurking behind every tree looking to pounce on you... these new shows will be looking for more hype (crazy cases) to bring in viewers!

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, SackScratch said:

with the Mountain Monsters popularity where there's a Sasquatch lurking behind every tree looking to pounce on you... these new shows will be looking for more hype (crazy cases) to bring in viewers!

With some redneck humans running around with guns ready to shoot,   there very well might be Sasquatch lurking behind every tree looking to pounce.    They really do not like to be messed with like that.   I am surprised that those  Mountain Monster Characters have not shot at least one of their own bunch by now.    Of course I think their encounters are likely staged for the camera and that friendly fire situation is thought out ahead of time.  

19 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Someone should make a reality show of the process of selecting bigfooters to be part of a reality show.  With Finding BF, it was obviously someone identifying Moneymaker's operation. The 10 million (fake) bounty was all nincompoops. This one doesn't resonate too much.  Seems pretty tame which would be par for that network which is uninteresting.

With my fiancee, she has a rather unique look compared to most people in this field, along with being very outgoing.  Coupled with her interest in the field and the fact that she is not afraid to go out into the woods for days at a time and rough it up interested them.  

Also, we are open about the fact that we research while armed.  It was odd, but that seemed to be a point of definite interest.  They mentioned it a few times.

51 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

.......and that friendly fire situation is thought out ahead of time.  

Even so..... ;)  I don't watch TV (don't own one) but my guess is their guns aren't even loaded. What camera crew in there right mind.......It would make sense though to have at least one sane gun there just for general protection?

BFF Patron

I have only watched it a few times but I think I have seen them discharge a weapon in at least one episode.    Again,  I think everything is likely staged, so they would clear the range so to speak, account for everyone, then discharge the weapon for the benefit of the camera.     The producers are most likely liable for mishaps,   so their insurance underwriters would make sure they have good firearms policies in place.      Like you say that might include a lot of running around with unloaded guns.  If loaded,  just moving around in the dark increases the likelihood of tripping over down wood or a root and accidental discharge.  

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

With some redneck humans running around with guns ready to shoot,   there very well might be Sasquatch lurking behind every tree looking to pounce.    They really do not like to be messed with like that.   I am surprised that those  Mountain Monster Characters have not shot at least one of their own bunch by now.    Of course I think their encounters are likely staged for the camera and that friendly fire situation is thought out ahead of time.  

I'd pay to watch those Knuckleheads get snatched up but some Squatches and carried off to their caves to be plucked and readied for Supper for the Squatch Family Thanksgiving Feast!! lol

21 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Even so..... ;)  I don't watch TV (don't own one) but my guess is their guns aren't even loaded. What camera crew in there right mind.......It would make sense though to have at least one sane gun there just for general protection?

Sadly I've watched the shows several times each, a guy I trade with sent me all the episodes on 9 discs complete with motion menus and all, they were never released on dvd officially, just floating around among Bigfoot DVD Collectors... I say sadly is because I've not had cable TV in a decade, DVD's are my only TV, I live in the Boonies in Texas and the only thing I get on Digital Antennas is Religious and Spanish Channels!! Anyways, the rednecks blast their guns often at the Squatches and other Beasts, I assume they're blanks or one of the rednecks would have gotten blasted by one of their buddies by now! lol, the show got cancelled then got brought back for a 6th Season by public demand!!! Lots of armchair rednecks got very agree when their favorite show got cancelled!  Their Manhood was in Jeopardy.

• Haha 1