Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

6 minutes ago, SackScratch said:

......I assume they're blanks or one of the rednecks would have gotten blasted by one of their buddies by now! lol, the show got cancelled then got brought back for a 6th Season by public demand!!! Lots of armchair rednecks got very agree when their favorite show got cancelled!  Their Manhood was in Jeopardy.

Yeah, BIG oopsie there. LOL.

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

.......... I am surprised that those  Mountain Monster Characters have not shot at least one of their own bunch by now.    Of course I think their encounters are likely staged for the camera and that friendly fire situation is thought out ahead of time.  

That's what the people I know who have been on all of those reality shows tell me. Even the Trooper show has an element of that; the Troopers won't bring the filming crew on expected dangerous calls.

Once in Wasilla Mrs. Huntster and I had stopped ay Dairy Queen and got Blizzards (with coupons, of course). It was fairly dark out, but the highway lights illuminated the area. I pulled over to a different parking lot which had a better view of Wasilla Lake. A Trooper vehicle was idling with his lights on in the parking lot to the lakeside park a couple hundred yards off, and he had a vehicle in front of him. Suddenly I noticed a guy sneaking up the passenger side of the patrol car from behind, and he had something in his hands. I got out of my car, started running down the hill, and was screaming at the guy. Turned out to be a cameraman filming a scene for the AST reality show.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

BFF Patron

That could have been bad if you were carrying and got your gun out the save the trooper.   Then again if you did not get shot yourself, it would have been a great episode, if they got it on camera.  

REminds me of my dealings with the Sheriffs department about 20 years ago.      I had a deputy that lived down the road and around a corner.       My dog would freak out when I left it to go running or riding a bike.    He escaped the yard fence a couple times and would come chasing after me.   But if I got in my truck and drove away, it was normal and he knew he could not catch me, did not bark or try to follow.       So one day,    I decided the best thing would be to drive around the corner then go for my long run.     I parked across the street from the deputies house,   near a county water pump,  where I could park off the road.       Anyway when I got back from my long run,    I think it was 5 mile one,  I had a deputy sheriffs card, stuck in the drivers side window of my truck.   My truck was now locked with the keys inside.    It said to call him.     I  walked  home and the neighbor across the street said there had been a couple of Deputies cars at my house.    They had searched the house.     I was furious but called the number, who was my neighbor and a deputy.      He had noticed my truck parked there,   searched the truck,  and found were i had hidden the keys in the truck.     They ran the plates, found the truck was mine,  and suspected foul play.     Went around the corner,   down the road to my house and entered guns drawn expecting to find some sort of massacure.    I would suspect they looked for illegal drugs while they were at it.    My dog was inside when all of this was going on.     Anyway they checked with neighbors who told them I was likely running and so the deputies had left the house 15 or 20  minutes before I got back.     I felt a combination of anger at having my house searched but was grateful they did something when they thought there might be foul play.  

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, norseman said:

I would drive Bob around on my dime just so we could talk Mules!

Mules?!  MULES??!  :o Wouldn't the PG film be the topic until you reached your destination?  I suppose not, he might be happy to talk about something else once in a while.

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

... I am surprised that those  Mountain Monster Characters have not shot at least one of their own bunch by now..... 

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Even so..... ;)  I don't watch TV (don't own one) but my guess is their guns aren't even loaded. What camera crew in there right mind.......It would make sense though to have at least one sane gun there just for general protection?

I'm with hiflier - nothing is loaded and I'd bet that most of the filming takes place on well-mapped out locations.

However, thanks to the original poster for putting this up; I watch very little TV and likely would have missed the ads for this.

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

That could have been bad if you were carrying and got your gun out the save the trooper.   Then again if you did not get shot yourself, it would have been a great episode, if they got it on camera........

I was carrying, but of course did not present the weapon, because before I got down the hill I realized the guy was carrying a video camera, not a gun. I would be really hesitant to present a weapon in the presence of a cop, anyway. It would only be in the event of an unmistakable situation. But I did ruin their "shoot". They had to do a re-take after explaining what they were doing. The Trooper thanked me, too.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, SWWASAS said:

With some redneck humans running around with guns ready to shoot,   there very well might be Sasquatch lurking behind every tree looking to pounce.    They really do not like to be messed with like that.   I am surprised that those  Mountain Monster Characters have not shot at least one of their own bunch by now.    Of course I think their encounters are likely staged for the camera and that friendly fire situation is thought out ahead of time.  

i think they use blanks

4 hours ago, 7.62 said:

i think they use blanks

Mountain monsters isn't real, as funny as it is, it's basically Red Neck Action Theater and little else.

7 hours ago, 7.62 said:

i think they use blanks

Never watched the show but if they are just shooting off into the woods, that's almost criminal if they aren't.

The area south of MT Hood to Umpqua national Forrest..... Supposedly the hottest habit in Oregon.... more BF per square miles then Olympia  in washington.

6 minutes ago, Franco said:

The area south of MT Hood to Umpqua national Forrest..... Supposedly the hottest habit in Oregon.... more BF per square miles then Olympia  in washington.

I'm guessing the groups there are offline/not here?

Question for the leadership team here @gigantor, how do we get these folks in the fold?

Is it a boosted premium section, something else?

10 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I'm guessing the groups there are offline/not here?

Question for the leadership team here @gigantor, how do we get these folks in the fold?

Is it a boosted premium section, something else?

I spend time out there every year... My wifes Family lives in Redding ,CA... So when we go out to see them, we cruise All around that area stop hike, invetsigate.. I have ran into many people that actively searching and many will tell it is very much a hot spot, you spent a day and you'll get Actively. We stopped at a dinner last year just out Eugene, OR we were heading into Wilamette National Forrest. Spoke to a tropper and flat out asked him. If he has seen or heard of Bigfoot sighting. He said,  every week we get 2 or 3 calls that they a trespassing. He hasnt seen them himself, but he said others in his department has.

Edited by Franco

10 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

how do we get these folks in the fold?

Realistically, I don't think we do.    Look at it from their perspective instead of yours:  we don't have anything to offer that they value.   

MIB

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MIB said:

..........  Look at it from their perspective instead of yours:  we don't have anything to offer that they value.

And, in fact, the public poses a threat. Let the news out that you're seeing sasquatches in a particular area, and watch the circus come to town. This is why wise people keep their hunting and fishing locations secret. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MIB said:

Realistically, I don't think we do.    Look at it from their perspective instead of yours:  we don't have anything to offer that they value.   

MIB

What if we did?