Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

8 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Does a professional fishermen disdain the opportunity to read a fishing magazine marketed to the general public? Or is he "above" such media? After all, he's a professional..........

Oh, you must have misunderstood me! I would definitely consume what I could from this forum and the general public through even the mass media. In fact, I do that now. As I've pointed out, this forum in its premium offerings boasts the SSR, a queryable database linked to Google Earth, which I consider the best sasquatch database now available, even though the one critical aspect it lacks is fresh, real time reports which BFRO and some regional sasquatch organizations can get. 

What I would NOT do is write articles for that fishing magazine outlining the fish caught and seen, bait used, seasonal catch rate, water levels, etc. I might consider sharing some of that information with others who might be able to give me good tips, info, etc in return, but not the general public. The risk is just too great.

I am confident that people who were open about their activities here and publicly through the mass media and who were severely burned have continued their activities under a cloak of near anonymity. I am extremely interested in finding information about a few of these people. My bet is that they may achieve pay dirt soon, if they haven't already, and we may not know of it for years.

• Upvote 3

I like coming here because I knew zip about Sasquatch back in 2012 when I had my first experience.  I know a bit more now, but some of you are very knowledgeable and interesting folks!  There's not enough mentors willing to share their knowledge; there's very few folks you can call up and ask for advice. I appreciate those here who have done so, or provided encouragement!

• Upvote 3

The Travel Channel wrote:

Researchers uncover Bigfoot clues in new Travel Channel series. Team believes advanced algorithm is missing key to solving legend.

3hvq92.jpg

Edited by Arvedis
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, Arvedis said:

The Travel Channel wrote:

Researchers uncover Bigfoot clues in new Travel Channel series. Team believes advanced algorithm is missing key to solving legend.

3hvq92.jpg

That response is appropriate.      Very little in the living thing world other than fractals related to the Mandelbrot set being related to plant growth seem to be definable by math or algorithms.   There are a few savants that see the world in mathematical relationships.     Perhaps those people might be able to see through the chaos of living things and derive patterns of bigfoot behavior.      I guess some plan of action is better than none for the show.    

On 11/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

How does the pulse of the general public affect someone's research results?

It doesn't, for me. I know most people don't believe, or care. Even my own family, friends and coworkers mostly don't believe or care, even though they politely scroll past my stuff that I post on my personal Facebook page. Very occasionally, someone will react negatively and I shrug it off.

I do this for myself and no one else.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:56 PM, hiflier said:

There also may be researchers who think this Forum is monitored

There's that. It's definitely crossed my mind lately. Too late now, I'd say. 

But if it were true, i would imagine a lot more operations happening in Oregon,  and I just haven't heard that thru the grapevine.  Public bias is so strong against the existence of bigfoot, i don't think they have to try too hard.

However,  i do hope they handle problematic, aggressive bigfoots OTOH.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

However,  i do hope they handle problematic, aggressive bigfoots OTOH

They do. But in nearly all cases they call them "bears"  You know. Like when "bears" get too rambunctious while tree knocking or howling. Or being a nuisance by crossing a road too many times in one area. It's a sure-fire way to get transferred elsewhere ;) 

Edited by hiflier

We had the same thing happen on a expedition in Wisconsin with the BFRO... 

On 11/26/2019 at 2:28 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Exactly right.

When these groups get famous and start charging for the privilege of researching with them, they pretty much set themselves up for the expectation of activity on their events.  

I had a guy go on and on about how I needed to go out with a particular well known group.  They apparently take people to a campground and research the surrounding woods.  Apparently, their hosts went on and on about activity that happened overnight while the paying participants were asleep.  He didn't witness anything himself, but was really excited about being that close to Bigfoot.  

Who knows?  Maybe something did happen that night?  However, that sort of thing holds no appeal for me.  We have a couple of spots that seem to have activity.  I would rather spend my money on gas or equipment than spend it on the privilege of being near a Bigfoot celebrity.

Why?  Are they trying to learn about the pulse of the general public, or are they trying to learn about this phenomenon?

Honest question, how does the general public, i.e. a group arguing with trolls about Bigfoot on Facebook affect me or my research?

we had the same thing happen on a expedition in wisconsin with the BFRO.... we did hear a Howl...but to far away to tell if it was truley a BF.  But they swore up and down it was. We did have a good time and met some great people. 

• Upvote 1

Expedition Bigfoot starts tonight Travel Channel 9:00PM (Central US)

before it is  'Legend Of Bigfoot'(both of these rerun later in the night'

so if you miss one you can catch the later broadcast(or just record it)

This is what Xfinity has about Legend...

'....... Eyewitness accounts suggest that Bigfoot is far more fierce and predatory than previously believed; new evidence reveals the Yeti may have an otherworldly origin and may also reside in America. ...'

both are supposed to be 'new' shows.

4 hours ago, 1980squatch said:

I have not watched yet, what do you all think of this show?

Too early to tell.

Initial impressions without spoilers:

It looks like they approached this seriously, unlike the goofiness of Finding Bigfoot.  It doesn't make everyone interested in the subject come across as bit nutty.

They have access to some really good equipment.

The primatologist is going in skeptical, but with a somewhat open mind.

I don't know what Russell's MOS was in the Army, but they really play up his military survival training. If that pack he was carrying was full of anything other than cotton, and he was going to ruck approximately 30 miles with it, then he is a hard man.  

The RPG guy was the only one trying to force "catchphrases" into the dialogue.  Squatchy.  Footy.  Footing.  Etc.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 1

I reached out to Dr. Major. She's a 15-year primatologist with Western Lowland Gorillas. I asked if she knew about the nest discovery in the OlymPen. Don't know if I'll hear back from her but ya never know.....

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I reached out to Dr. Major. She's a 15-year primatologist with Western Lowland Gorillas. I asked if she knew about the nest discovery in the OlymPen. Don't know if I'll hear back from her but ya never know.....

Be interesting to see if she has a real interest in the subject, or if she was just a hired gun for the show.

I hope that you let us know if she responds.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

If she is interested in the nests it will not play on the show.    Their whole theory is that their central Oregon spot is "the place" to go.     If the algorithm does not work the whole premise of the show is faulty.    I don't know that RPG's issue was but it was likely not infrasound as was alluded to.    Infrasound would have effected Dr Major too.    His symptoms seemed to be altitude sickness.    Although where they are was about 6000 from what I picked up.    That is just above Denver.   RPG was spouting BFRO dogma at times and I kringed thinking about a redo of "Finding Bigfoot"    I expected  "night solo fieldwork" at any time.    Of course it would have included the cameraman.     I thought that the fourth character setting up in a house so far away was a bit strange.     What is their driving need for internet access all about?    Do they expect to get so much material in 3 weeks that they need the internet to handle it all?     One of the major problems with Finding Bigfoot was the small windows of time they spent at each show location.    You can barely get a feel for a location in a few days time.     The 3 weeks allowed for this show is very short and limiting.   

Edited by SWWASAS

They've got what seems to be a great spot, timed at what they think is the ideal three week window in the calendar year, and great equipment.  The buzz they've been spreading is that they managed to collect some decent evidence while doing the show.  That said, I was not impressed by that thermal that was the major card shown last night.  It was just a round/oval red blob.  They attempted to extrapolate by putting arms, legs, and a head on it.  But, if it had arms, legs, and a head, I think it would have been apparent on the thermal.