Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

32 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Moreover, the Spanish had been dealing with them on the west coast for literally hundreds of years at that point,

That's not all the Spanish on the West Coast had to deal with. The author may have taken some artistic license for the sake of the novel but he quoted a Spanish report along with others that I found interesting:

"1792, Spanish naturalist, Jose Mariano Mozino, recounts from his exploration of the British Columbia coast a warning from its native peoples: '[The Matlox], inhabitant of the mountainous country, of whom all have unspeakable terror. They figure it has a monstrous body, all covered with black animal hair; the head of a Human; but the eyeteeth very sharp and strong; like those of the bear; the arms very large; and the toes and fingers armed with large curved claws. His howls fell to the ground those who hear them, and he smashes into a thousand pieces the unfortunate on whom a blow of his hands falls.' "

I'm really enjoying the book; a 200 year old secret kept to insure corporate greed regarding wealth and power from the harvesting of natural resources. In this case it's a government cover-up that's been successfully eliminating Bigfoots where ever they find them. The novel is very similar in concept to my own with a different premise and storyline.

Edited by hiflier

In the article linked below, it states that the BF "hot zone" where the investigation took place was in the vicinity of the Ochoco National Forest.

Attached below is map of the Oregon's National Forests showing location of Ochoco NF.

https://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/2019/12/travel-channels-expedition-bigfoot-comes-to-oregon-in-search-of-the-legendary-beast.html

The Ochoco NF is within 4 Oregon counties: Crook, Harney, Wheeler and Grant (see map below).

However, when I checked the SSR database for BF reports from those 4 counties, I did not see a large representation (only 7).

If you go west from Crook County into Deschutes county, then reports increase by an additional 16.

I was just curious about location and whether the claim that their algorithm chose this location as prime BF location for May-June was supported by SSR database.

Maybe the assumption of being near of Ochoco NF is incorrect.

Oregon National Forests.png

Oregon County Map.jpg

Oregon BF Reports SSR Database.png

BFF Patron
12 hours ago, Huntster said:

Remember that the mad dash westward with wagon trains of folks started in 1849 with the California Gold Rush.The really big changes came after that. 

The Lewis and Clark journals, filled with amazing stuff, were most amazing to me regarding grizzly bears, which they didn't even know existed in 1805. Moreover, when the Mandan Sioux told them about the bears, they wrote things in their journals belittling the Sioux about their fanciful tales. But well before arriving at the continental divide, Lewis wrote that he'd rather face 20 Indian warriors than one of those damned bears again. In fact, Lewis got shot in the ass by one of his men during a dust up with a bear on an island in the Missouri River that they stayed on one night particularly because they thought it would keep them from the bears.

Cool stuff Lewis and Clark.  Camping on islands has resulted in many homo sapiens being bear food, some even when warned they were off limits. 

15 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Cool stuff Lewis and Clark.  Camping on islands has resulted in many homo sapiens being bear food, some even when warned they were off limits. 

:O  :O :O Gulp.

@Huntster @hiflier

You guys, amongst others, are the reasons I keep coming back. Not only the allure of unproven beasts, but the knowledge of much more.

Kudos to the two of you and "cheers!" to the rest.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

The assasin had to of removed the portions of Lewis Journals..... Not Because of BF..... 

Mr. Chandler believes that Thomas Jefferson engineered a coverup of the truth surrounding his protege's death. Astoundingly, after Lewis's untimely death, Jefferson claimed that Lewis had been mentally unbalanced all along, thus rationalizing his death as suicide. This even though Jefferson brought Lewis into his tutelage as a surrogate son, made him his presidential secretary and had sent him with William Clark on the most famous expedition on American soil to facilitate the Louisiana Purchase. Jefferson also appointed Lewis governor of this territory. Never had any mental problems been hinted at before Lewis's untimely death, by Jefferson or anyone.

Why such a seeming betrayal by the Founding Father? Apparently to protect a man who had done considerable dirty work for Jefferson, Gen. James Wilkinson. Mr. Chandler calls the renegade general "the most highly placed traitor known to American history."

Wilkinson was instrumental in manufacturing the Aaron Burr conspiracy, which proved a fraud. Burr was Jefferson's political archenemy. Jefferson made sure Wilkinson was brought before a military tribunal, not Congress, so that the shadowy operative would be exonerated. Jefferson managed to have another military panel conclude that Wilkinson was not culpable in Lewis's death. Wilkinson was privy to many a presidential intrigue and was not a man Jefferson wanted to be linked to in the pages of history. The general was a longtime spy for the Spanish crown, which Jefferson knew but did not want validated by congressional inquiry.

What fear did Wilkinson have about Lewis's trip to Washington in the fall of 1809? Why did Lewis avoid the easier water route through New Orleans, where Wilkinson had imposed martial law? Wilkinson was afraid his fraudulent land dealings in Missouri would be revealed by Lewis, who was traveling to see President Madison in Washington on a secret mission at the time of his death.

Edited by Franco

Folks, we need a Lewis and Clark BF thread. If one gets started I suggest these recent posts be moved to there as a beginning. My conceptual title? "Bigfoot vs. Lewis and Clark".

On 11/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, hiflier said:

There also may be researchers who think this Forum is monitored. Criteria for thinking so? Sasquatch is a real creature, and if that is the case, then people who downplay US interest in the subject to me are highly suspect. But ONLY if Sasquatch is a real creature. Because I truly do not think one can have a real 800 lbs. hairy biped in North America and governments not care. In a subject that lately has Bigfoot researchers conducting odd seemingly quiet maneuvering, to say that government doesn't care makes the worst sense, and weakest argument, of all.

It is monitored, I'm watching it right now

On 11/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, Arvedis said:

:ninja:

Groups of people will follow the leader or splinter off and form their own groups.  The BFRO has lasted as long as it has because they just ignore problematic public discussions or shrug it off instead of diving into the mud slinging (though. there are always exceptions naturally).  It helps that a handful of the founders became wealthy from reality TV. Competitors have a hard time matching that success because Finding BF essentially became an elitist standard for BF research on TV, only because of its ratings.  Other reality show producers now have to find their own formula . In my view, you need the right characters who are also compelling researchers. Those people have to be available to do it and they have to find that comfort zone of making a production. The BFRO guys like Cliff and Matt MM, Bobo, and uh (what's her name doesn't count) definitely found a comfort zone. Can anyone find a group willing to do that?  Who has devoted their lives to BF research in that way and can accidentally find a workable formula for television production? 

I thought the Killing Bigfoot guys from the GCBRO were excellent but they couldn't keep it going beyond a few episodes since they all have lives to get back to (and some of them are kind of old).  If AreaX has some guys willing to make a series like Killing BF then I'd watch it.  It would be action instead of fake hopes like the BFRO managed to pull off with FBF.  The Olympic Project seems like good folks but not very exciting TV.

TV isnt research, TV is ratings generating. Its the damage that the BFRO has done.

42 minutes ago, starchunk said:

It is monitored, I'm watching it right now

Hmmm. Who are you really then......and what have you done with starchunk?! ;) 

Edited by hiflier

6 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Hmmm. Who are you really then......and what have you done with starchunk?! ;) 

Here's a hint big fella. YOU'RE watching it to....so it is being Monitored. Ewww.......................

LOL, touche'. So does this mean that if I haul in a piece of the "big guy" I should say so? Prolly not, nor should anyone else.

Just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood hiflier. Of course, if I DO get a physical sample it will be MR. hiflier :D 

Watch esp 2.... The trail cam pic was interesting.... Of course did you hear that... No I didnt... LOL 

The dragon egg listening device Although cool. Why wouldnt they have a Droid to fly put that way...... Instead of her Running.

I mean my god are we going to drag this out. LOL.. especially since every chance they get they The lastest in Tech to Capture evidence of Big Foot.

Edited by Franco

Please start a Lewis & Clark thread! Meriwether Lewis was a fascinating man, and the Expedition itself was epic in the true sense of the word. They were an amazing group of people.

I need to do some research first which I have started. There is a guy who has done some and at some point we are going to have a phone conversation. What he has to say should be interesting.

BFF Patron
9 hours ago, Franco said:

Watch esp 2.... The trail cam pic was interesting.... Of course did you hear that... No I didnt... LOL 

The dragon egg listening device Although cool. Why wouldnt they have a Droid to fly put that way...... Instead of her Running.

I mean my god are we going to drag this out. LOL.. especially since every chance they get they The lastest in Tech to Capture evidence of Big Foot.

Much experience with BF contact points to those using the least Tech having the greatest success.     Deploy cameras in an active area and activity pretty much stops.   Quite frankly I wonder what would happen if someone donned NA garb appropriate for the region and just tramped around the woods being a hunter gatherer.   It is as if whatever we do to with tech gadgets just reminds BF that we are that much different and more dangerous.    Hunt, fish,  gather mushrooms, roots and berries,  and we are just like them doing what they do.    Does that make us less scary to them?   I wonder.  

• Upvote 1