Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

I do  love Josh Gates' shows, he's genuinely funny, really does some insane stuff in unusual places and always digs up interesting vehicles. The four episode series he did on Yeti and the episode in Vietnam were better than anything else I've seen.

Edited by Airdale
error correction
  • Upvote 1

LOL... Rough Crowd!!!!!!!!! it is better than "Finding Nothing".   I will watch, because I am a gluten for Punishment

Edited by Franco

I've only seen the first episode, the good: I like the Tech the have, and how they studied the terrain before making a plan. The so so: The inevitable drama stuff that they need for ratings I guess, likely unavoidable, but so far better than Finding bigfoot and a few other shows, we'll see in the end, I guess.

Edited by zeebob889
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, smallfoot said:

Show is decent so far, really really good tech and some interesting findings/approach, if the actual narrative setup is hokey

As long as they don't get too crazy with TV drama my hopes are up for it, time will tell.

• Upvote 2

Still digging the show. Worth a watch for at least all the interesting tech and science they bring out, lot of really good new ideas there, the way they scanned the footprint and such. This week’s ep was enlightening when it came to Infrasound; and the similarity of the nest they found to the one in the Marble Mountain video shown was pretty wild. 

Edited by smallfoot

One thing I notice is Mireya Mayor claims she feels like she is being watched.  It is a completely subjective experience for her but it is something common that people feel in in an area of activity.  BF is going to watch anyway but it makes sense if he is leering at the lone female in the group.

Edited by Arvedis

SSR Team

It's just the same as FB I think, except they whisper more in this one.

The whole series was on last night, and they explored part of eastern Oregon that was forested and had some high rocky cliffs. I missed the last two hours so someone can fill us in. The first two hours had some good finding bigfoot technology. Dr. Mayor, primatologist, had an interesting bigfoot calling device that got some responses. 

BFF Patron

They got a Thermal of something on the episode last night.   They had put up a huge FLIR camera way up in a tree.    Nothing they deploy is camouflaged.         I don't know these bigfoot experts but I question some of the stuff they are feeding Dr Mayor.    She mentioned being watched last night.       They sent her out alone into a clearing.     She said she felt like bait.  She was and I consider that stupid.    They have no experience with the temperament of the BF in that area.      For all they know the local BF are a tribe of cannibals.    If you have repeated contact over time you have some feel for how dangerous a BF triibe is.   But these people have only been there three weeks and cannot have any idea of what they are dealing with.  

I think most here are trying to camouflage the cameras they deploy.     The guys on the show act like they have never heard of doing that.    They put a tracking device in real burr hanging under a gifting apple.   Hoping that a BF would grab the apple and the burr stick to it.   Good idea but the BF would pick the burr out pretty fast.   Some of that is not giving BF credit for much intelligence.    There is way too much of that in bigfoot research and that speaks volumes about why there is not more success learning about them.    

Edited by SWWASAS

I see that they took a page out of NAWAC's book with the burr tracker.  

The thermal hit that was picked up next to Mayor was handled poorly.  They show a quick shot of the screen displaying the thermal image, but then immediately cut away.  Did the thermal image move away or just disappear?  

They are all working out of the same clearing, as well as having an unknown number of camera and support crew along with them.  Given the number of people in that area, I am not sure about the bipedal thermal image that was picked up at the end of the show.

I am going to chalk this up as being a less annoying version of Finding Bigfoot.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

The FLIR image was probably someone that had to relieve themself and forgot all about the FLIR camera.    The other thing I thought strange was that when they were trying to give Mayor the position of the image relative to her they said left and right.      How could they know what direction she was facing to know it was left or right?    They should have given her a bearing and estimated distance from her position.      Example:   NW of your position at 100 yards.      You could see her confusion trying to figure out where to look.     I wonder if you could hire Seal Team Six on their days off?  

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Oh and i'd like to know where and how they determined their "hot spot" to be a "hot spot" as, as per 7,000+ public reports in every database and book of Reports from across the North American Continent, it isn't.

Yeah, I have a feeling that Le Blanc got himself turned around in the dark and was giving her the wrong direction. 

I also have a feeling that the thermal hit had a mundane source, hence the bad editing to make it seem a bit more mysterious.

Just now, BobbyO said:

Oh and i'd like to know where and how they determined their "hot spot" to be a "hot spot" as, as per 7,000+ public reports in every database and book of Reports from across the North American Continent, it isn't.

It was probably the cheapest area to work out of, so they made the facts fit the narrative. 

SSR Team

In which case, the whole thing would be a pile of you know what !