Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

About the only sizable body of water in the entire area is Ochoco reservoir about 15 miles south.  I think this area is in a 10-15 inches of precipitation a year zone, pretty dry- especially for BF.

BFF Patron

Google earth shows streams pretty well.    While I do see green vegetation in the drainage patterns on Google earth,  the July Google Earth image of the suspected area does not show any running water that I can see.   I would think by August the area is devoid of surface water requiring BF to migrate just to drink.     One of my conditions for likely BF habitat, is that running water is necessary year round.  I have no evidence other than sighting report clusters which seem to cluster around running water.   I honestly think they are smart enough to be pretty fussy about what they drink.  

There are some anachronisms in the episodes that have been presented so far.     The most obvious one being trips to Meldrum at Idaho State  presented as if they happened the same or the next day.    It is quite a drive from Central Oregon to Eastern Idaho.     That would be a minimum of a two day drive or airline connection.    The deployment of sound detection equipment capable of determining the location was also presented as if it happened the next day.    That is unlikely with any contractor involved.   The show is a TV production first and foremost.   

• Upvote 1

Well Let me put some input . The Dr. seems to be looking for an ape which they are not. That right there is throwing them off to what they are looking for. They are in a area where there is only maybe a single creature that has been observing them since the start of there expedition. They say that they are alone but we all know that they are not since they have a camera crew following them around. If she has worked with apes then she knows that it takes time to gain the trust of them to get close to them. These creatures are a totally different species where we have no idea why they do the things they do. The nest that they have found does not look like a nest but a shelter. 

This shelter is built in such a way so that it can rest inside and not be rained on. Not just that look at where this nest was built at under a pine where it can stay dry. The Hawk looks likes it was caught whole and eaten raw. Now I am not sure how easy it is to catch a hawk . less alone try to get near one and I have only done it once in my life time.  It does seem obvious that Russell is being led by these creatures.  

BFF Patron

You are really onto something that is rampant in bigfoot research.     Most of the groups that have done organized research and searches start with the premiss that it is a big ape.   Name many of the big names and they downplay the intelligence they are dealing with.     If you start with a dumb animal premiss.    you don't bother to camouflage game cameras,   set simple bait stations,  assume hunting tactics that works with deer, elk, and bear should work with bigfoot.      Then are totally confounded when tactics do not seem to work with bigfoot and are unwilling to admit they are being outsmarted in the field.   Because how could a big dumb ape,    that cannot even weave baskets, or make a bow and arrow,   outsmart them?    I think that BF only exists now because it as a species has successfully and often avoided humans for many millennia.     Human contact has not treated other bipedal competitors as well throughout mankind's history.     As far as we know bigfoot is the only one still around.  

• Upvote 2

Shows like this are setup to fail from the get.   At best they soften the general public to the idea of BF being a flesh and blood creature.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 1980squatch said:

Check out this bluff at 44.482655, -120.613801.  Some clearings nearby as well.

I don't see the three ponds that were west, and hundreds of feet lower, than the plateau that Russell Acord had been on.   

BFF Patron
17 hours ago, Twist said:

Shows like this are setup to fail from the get.   At best they soften the general public to the idea of BF being a flesh and blood creature.  

It would be the best of pure luck for them to have contact in a three week period of time.   I found a very active bigfoot area for research and it was 4 months before I even found a footprint.    The deck is really stacked against anyone with time pressures.    Bigfoot is very good at avoiding us.   

4 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

It would be the best of pure luck for them to have contact in a three week period of time.

Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin......

BFF Patron

Exactly.      And Bob and Roger had a movie camera too.  It was not like they were following tracks.    They just blundered into Patty or she blundered into them.   

Here is a screen shot of the area from the show. The lay-of-the-land around the cliffs is overall much flatter than around 44.482655, -120.613801 and the tree cover is heavier.

IMG_20200109_175201.thumb.jpg.bf7de646d9550e0fe467086292826acf.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think the topo maps shown on the TV show are dummy maps and do not show the real area.

Besides the fact that the topo map coordinates (44.45208, -119.92030)  do not reflect the topography seen in the show when looking in Google Earth, there is additional evidence shown on the attached picture that the real coordinates are very different.

The attached photo of Bryce Johnson's notepad shows the coordinates for the Nest.

While I can't really make it out clearly enough to read, it appears that the longitude is further west than -119 degrees.

It looks like -122 degrees, which would put it right on the Cascades range.

In addition, the latitude looks like it is further north at 47 degrees instead of 44 (hard to read the blurry photo, but it looks like a 7 instead of a 2).

At those coordinates,  the location would be north of Mt. Rainier!

Maybe others with better skills at photo imagery can extract those Nest Coordinates from the photo.

Zoom on Notes with Coordinates.jpg

I think you are right about  44.482655, -120.613801 not being it, but I don't trust their stylized images enough to pinpoint location.  However, they do post actuals as well, such as this trail map about 20 minutes into episode one.  For what it is worth, this is at 44.491806, -119.866495.  It has some ponds and small lakes, and an elevated range but I don't really see bluffs.  One would think this might be a real map of interest due to all the hand written pins stuck to it, but who knows.

Explorer, nice catch on those notes!  I was still putting this together and did not see your reply until after I posted this.

20200110_134206.jpg

Edited by 1980squatch

2 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

I think you are right about  44.482655, -120.613801 not being it, but I don't trust their stylized images enough to pinpoint location.  However, they do post actuals as well, such as this trail map about 20 minutes into episode one.  For what it is worth, this is at 44.491806, -119.866495.  It has some ponds and small lakes, and an elevated range but I don't really see bluffs.  One would think this might be a real map of interest due to all the hand written pins stuck to it, but who knows.

20200110_134206.jpg

That map could just be a prop with randomly placed pins.  

BFF Patron

I see lat 47 something in three places on the yellow pad.      The long looks like 122 or 123.      47 and change and 123 and change is in the Olympics.     Has someone sent Mayor the location of the nests there?     The 47   123 on the yellow pad is labeled nest.   

Edited by SWWASAS