Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

HAH! Maybe she read my submitted message after all! In it I did ask if she had heard of that discovery. I think she has as I mentioned before (Meldrum may have told her?).

The lake (apparently near base camp) seen in the drone video at about 15 minutes into episode 1 is at 44.436920, -119.815090

I was browsing through the episode looking for the notepad (not even sure it's in this episode) and saw the lake right after they set up base camp.

I figured finding a lake with that shape of shoreline with a green field behind it should be fairly easy... it was. Apologies for using a picture of my tv. I have better skills than that but was in a hurry.

952669601_EBLake15minep1orig.thumb.jpg.376c876427a3622acb564b9dca47f7e5.jpg

283444818_EBLake15minep1.thumb.jpg.63f449c1ceab045454207a1507ad6ae2.jpg

"U" is the topo location Explorer noted the other day.

"A" is the location just noted for the trail map location by 1980squatch

"B" is the lake I just found.

Methinks maybe those maps are not decoys after all.

1522369356_EBwidearea.thumb.jpg.815e7b7aa2afa60b1b9029626dc3ec12.jpg

• Upvote 3

So looking from that lake, there is a steep ridge to the East or another ridge to the south. Not sure if either lines up with what they showed, but I grabbed a topo screen shot of it anyway.

402204617_steepridge.thumb.jpg.15a6d4bd4257d9abdc65d078f57935a5.jpg

They are fibbing in some ways for sure, such as base camp being on the southern edge of the research area and going north for miles into the forest to explore.  The tree line is about 1/3 mile to the north and then then you are in prairie/scrub.  Maybe North in the show is actually SE?

at about 20 minutes in they are showing LIDAR results and their 'network of trails.' There is a lake that is shown and that lake is at 44.424700, -119.808840

789841098_EBLIDARlake.thumb.jpg.2091438a993a708ba07693d417645704.jpg

2137413670_EBLIDARLakesat2.thumb.jpg.eb59670b5730eb47e8543c8e706022ef.jpg

1856814277_EBLIDARLakesat.thumb.jpg.8c95e71417e76114267fdcc8c3ba0d5e.jpg

You have a knack for this!  I was looking for that lake since it was so distinctive, but I could not find it.  So their research area is supposed to be about 13 miles wide.  It must include a lot of very lightly forested acreage, along with some thick tracts which most the filming must be taking place at.

Maybe everything is a recreation to keep any real locations a secret or this is just another show to capitalize on the topic. I found this marshy location at 44.4980532,-120.6151365 complete with a fence. There were fence posts in the last episode so maybe it's not as remote as they are trying to make it seem.  The other thing is that Summit Road is just off to the right, which would make it easy to get to for filming.

GoogleEarth.jpg

Did anyone else find it odd that at first daylight after the therm hit they were not scouring that area for trackways and evidence?  I don't think trying to Bobo the scene would really be a priority...

Not that I think that therm image was a BF.  They seem to interpret everything in this show in the most BF way possible.

38 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

They seem to interpret everything in this show in the most BF way possible

Oh, I don't know about that, although, I do think all you guys here on the Forum are really Bigfoots........ ;) 

BFF Patron
7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Oh, I don't know about that, although, I do think all you guys here on the Forum are really Bigfoots........ ;) 

Ohtai Omah!

Edited by SWWASAS

8 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I canceled cable a few years ago and after following this thread I'm still debating if it's worth purchasing the series on Amazon prime for 15.00

BFF Patron
49 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

Did anyone else find it odd that at first daylight after the therm hit they were not scouring that area for trackways and evidence?  I don't think trying to Bobo the scene would really be a priority...

Not that I think that therm image was a BF.  They seem to interpret everything in this show in the most BF way possible.

They mentioned that they had three days left.    I guess that means that three days are the last episode.  Everyone seemed tired and they still were doing the "should be to your left or right thing", not knowing which direction she was facing.   One would think that they should have realized that was a problem in the earlier episode and figured out how to communicate with each other.    It really looked like amatuer hour for most of the show.      Putting Russel out there and getting his image provided information to the photo analyst.     They used those poles (were they fence posts?) and by superimposing them determine the subject was a lot larger than Russel.    The FLIR image was blooming so much that I think it showed much larger than it really was.    As you can tell I do not think much of FLIR because you really have no idea what you are seeing much of the time.   An day optical picture at the same distance would be a whole lot better.    I am surprised that Dr Mayor tolerates them jumping to conclusions on such flimsy evidence.    

39 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I canceled cable a few years ago and after following this thread I'm still debating if it's worth purchasing the series on Amazon prime for 15.00

I have Roku, and could only see episode 1. I would not purchase this show, based on episode 1. However, I just figured out I have Travel Channel with my Hulu plan.

I finally activated the Roku 'Travel Channel' channel, and started episode 2. 18 minutes in and I want to turn it off. Just like FB, they play stupid background music, while we try to hear what they hear.

Also, it seems like they have manufactured drama.... puke

However, I'll probably keep watching, hoping for more drone shots that give away location.

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

I watch the show, but I honestly wouldn't pay $15 for the series.  Wait until it hits Prime Video and watch it for free.