Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

1 hour ago, Twist said:

I definitely did not come here tonight expecting to read Huntster and Hiflier role play as Meldrum and Mayor.   :blink:

It's probably more presentable than other roles I like to play. :devil:

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Good investigative work, Redbone!

I think you found it.

I find it bizarre that the show will flip the east and west directions on their show maps.

That could explain why some of crew kept using terms like "to your right or to your left", instead of true direction.

Although, I do recall some of them using directions occasionally.

Another odd item left unexplained are the yellow pad coordinates, which appear to be very different in both lat and long.  Maybe that was the prop?

BTW, I agree with you that rappelling down that cliff was all show and had no scientific or exploratory merit.  Not sure who they are trying to impress who is truly interested in BF research.

The coordinates on the notepad are total BS. I can't read all of them but see enough to know fakery. What is written is probably in Washington.

The map on the wall that he writes on is faker than fake. It might be a real map with all references removed, but it is nowhere near the area they are filming in.

There is no east-west clearing that is 2 miles long. There is somebody's field right next to base camp though.

The eyes were impressive, but they needed to do a size comparison.

Edit to add: there is an east-west marshy clearing near the lake, but it is only 1/3 mile long at 44.420260, -119.830410.

940871032_EBMarshyarea.thumb.jpg.f8ebb9a258192de9082ea637ae5af297.jpg

Redbone ... are you certain that Rock Creek lake is the location? It doesn't seem remote enough. There is a campground (Cottonwood Pit Campground, 44.3682, -119.8699) that is only 4.2 miles from Rock Creek Lake. As I remember,  wasn't Dr Mayor doing day trips that were 6 miles long?

I don't know why they didn't do a height test of the eye shine.  I'm confident they could have come fairly close.  I noticed the eyes were above a branch in front of it and they were spread apart far enough it wasn't an owl.

Three years ago, myself and a buddy encountered red eyeshine at night close to the shoreline of a remote pond.  The eyeshine was swaying back and forth, left to right, right to left.  The distance between vascillations of the eyes as the body swayed back and forth was substantial and I'm comfortable it wasn't an owl.

Edited by wiiawiwb

58 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Redbone ... are you certain that Rock Creek lake is the location? It doesn't seem remote enough. There is a campground (Cottonwood Pit Campground) that is ~ 4.2 miles from Rock Creek Lake. As I remember,  wasn't Dr Mayor doing day trips that were 6 miles long?

AM I certain? Absolutely... and this area is not remote at all. They just want us to think they are out in the "130 square mile" wilderness. Here is the post that really proves it. (link)

6 and 8 mile trips are lies... There are no two points more than 4 miles apart. I suppose step for step on a trail could add distance, but all of these spots can be driven to.

I don't know the exact location of every incident, but of the sights we know, none are more than 4 miles apart as the crow flies.

I do suspect some of the sites were on the ridge south (not north as mentioned) of basecamp and Rock Creek Lake. That south ridge appears to be unaffected by logging, so it is primo territory.

I'm certainly not saying there are no sasquatch there. As I examine terrain, I think it's very possible, but as a keeper of the SSR database, I have to think whatever algorithm gave them this spot is also a lie.

No Public BF data supports this area at all. Maybe the algorithm highlighted available filming dates on land they had permission to be on.

Every time they said East, they likely meant West. If they said North, they likely meant South. The "bigfoot highway" trails shown in LIDAR are old logging roads that are mapped.

The fold out map that Russell pointed to was spot on. The map on the wall that Bryce marked up is inaccurate. I looked and could not find that area on the maps anywhere around. Detail that is normally available on topo maps was all scrubbed. We saw enough that we should have been able to read the name of a creek or a mountain. The coordinates on Bryce's notebook are a lie.

I believe they expected that nobody could figure out the real location, but we did.

Joe Public doesn't care if they exaggerate. The producers care about entertainment, not truth. They wanted the narrative to be that they were in a much larger area than they really were. This goes right along with the "manufactured drama" that they also gave us. It's not all bad though. They had some good ideas.

Maybe our next trick should be to find the cabin Bryce was in. I'll bet it's not really 39 miles away.

• Upvote 3

I should be sleeping...

In episode 2, Dr. Mayor had a "real" map at base camp and pointed to her location. THAT is Rock Creek Lake, and her finger is at the spot I said was base camp. She don't lie like the producers do.

228706776_EBEp2MapBaseCamp.thumb.jpg.24dc6c6859cfaad5b3be0814ab20e1f1.jpg757420140_EBEp2MapBaseCampAcme.thumb.jpg.d674664167b1a117400cf13349826b72.jpg

A few seconds later, Russell pointed out the "smell location" on the same map, obviously west of base camp, at 44.476300, -119.896120.

292916409_EBEp2RussellSmellLocation.thumb.jpg.a8981f373964a6ff0d4fb208fc3bf31b.jpg

1490563261_EBEp2RussellSmellLocationAcme.thumb.jpg.85bfb95d82c8c04f0979ce0860c9fe36.jpg

And, a few seconds later, Dr.  Mayor pointed to the spot where the game trails were. That is the lake at 44.424100, -119.809330, as shown in the LIDAR image.

That "6 mile hike" was actually less than a mile.

1700748532_EBEp2RPGMMgametrails.thumb.jpg.ff010627982cc97743c495a5974e9b3f.jpg329970247_EBLIDARLakesat2.thumb.jpg.fadda6fc82762c27fbe1629f68c399df.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 1/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, SWWASAS said:

My gut feeling is that there are actual  BF villages in some very remote places.   

Nothing to do with the show, but that would be amazing. 

• Upvote 1

Redbone...now that you put those two maps together, one below the other, it is definitely the spot. Wow, kudos to you, brother! Absolutely stunning job locating that. I spent a few hours myself with topo maps looking for the exact area they were in but I couldn't resolve the 6-mile-hike test.  I gave up. The other thing that made it difficult is the topo map she uses is flipped upside down so all points of reference while quickly scanning are inverted and not easy to discern...until you finally know where it is.

If you look at the topo map that she is pointing to, go to Rock Creek Lake then slide down toward 4 o'clock, there is a topo line configuration that looks like a fat leg with a foot shape at the bottom pointing to the right. Almost like Italy flipped the other way. That topo configuration matches exactly with topo maps I'm using. Bingo!

I'm off to work but when I get back I want to locate the field on the topo map where the activity and thermal was shot. Once we know that, we can determine how long it is.

Edited by wiiawiwb

I never understand why so many here only criticize the work of others. The entire field suffers from a bucket of crabs mentality and THAT is why the subject is a laughing stock and will never yield results. Too many working against each other and not together. Too many hoaxers and too many armchair enthusiasts who do nothing, but attempt to discredit anything that doesn’t involve them directly. 

Get of your y’all and go out there and actually do something. Go spend 3 weeks in the woods, bring back some serious results. Until then just be quiet because most of you aren’t bringing any value and **** sure aren’t bringing in any results. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, CaveMan said:

I never understand why so many here only criticize the work of others. The entire field suffers from a bucket of crabs mentality and THAT is why the subject is a laughing stock and will never yield results. Too many working against each other and not together. Too many hoaxers and too many armchair enthusiasts who do nothing, but attempt to discredit anything that doesn’t involve them directly. 

Get of your y’all and go out there and actually do something. Go spend 3 weeks in the woods, bring back some serious results. Until then just be quiet because most of you aren’t bringing any value and **** sure aren’t bringing in any results. 

Well, since you're doing the exact same thing, welcome yourself to this here "bucket o' crabs" ;) Criticism is easy as you apparently well know. But the goal ultimately is the truth in what the world tries to hand us. Not a bad endeavor, and even if a bit of "crabbing" comes to the surface, we're pretty amiable most of the time :) 

Edited by hiflier

10 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Well....that was entertaining.

Entertainment IS....well....entertaining. Hmmm, that sounds like a quote right out of the Department of Redundancy Department.

50 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Entertainment IS....well....entertaining. Hmmm, that sounds like a quote right out of the Department of Redundancy Department.

I meant @Redbones rebuttal.

@Redbone

I know that I am a newbie here, but on behalf of the community....thanks for all of your work on the SSR.  I find it extremely useful and I am sure that others here do as well.  That's a monumental task that I am sure sometimes seems thankless.  So...thank you!

Btw, I am going to use your height stick idea.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1