Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

Redbone has done a herculean effort with the SSR which benefits all of us. He also has outstanding sound-recording analysis skills. All of us collectively benefit from his dedicated efforts.

The simple truth is we all chip in whatever efforts we can whether they are in the field, data analysis, or a cold review of work done by others which provide a fresh look or new approach to things.  Moreover, we may contribute different skills at different times based on our circumstances at the time. 

I think our group should be proud of all the efforts here. Look how we all coalesced around the troubling situation on Southeast Oklahoma and genuinely tried to extend our hands to help.  I'm proud to know all of you here and can say, without hesitation, there are so many wonderfully helpful and knowledgeable folks at BFF.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

To Redbone:

There's no need for you to justify your contributions. Your work stands on its own merit. You, sir, are a BFF rockstar.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

To Redbone:

There's no need for you to justify your contributions. Your work stands on its own merit. You, sir, are a BFF rockstar.

Well said

5 hours ago, CaveMan said:

I never understand why so many here only criticize the work of others. The entire field suffers from a bucket of crabs mentality and THAT is why the subject is a laughing stock and will never yield results. Too many working against each other and not together. Too many hoaxers and too many armchair enthusiasts who do nothing, but attempt to discredit anything that doesn’t involve them directly. 

Get of your y’all and go out there and actually do something. Go spend 3 weeks in the woods, bring back some serious results. Until then just be quiet because most of you aren’t bringing any value and **** sure aren’t bringing in any results. 

But this is the EXACT problem Redbone is addressing....

Working together towards a common goal requires meticulous note taking including coordinates! Knowingly lying about locations to foul other researchers IS the problem.

I have followed up on one BFRO report in Montana. Nothing was were they said it was. Making it impossible to find. Science requires testable and repeatable results!

As a community we SHOULD be working together. But that does NOT mean we should be praising charlatans who produce phony data because they wanna look cool or sell reality TV shows.

If I tell you that I’m somewhere you can dang well bet the farm that’s where I am. And you can drive there yourself and check it out.

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, Redbone said:

AM I certain? Absolutely... and this area is not remote at all. They just want us to think they are out in the "130 square mile" wilderness. Here is the post that really proves it. (link)

6 and 8 mile trips are lies... There are no two points more than 4 miles apart. I suppose step for step on a trail could add distance, but all of these spots can be driven to.

I don't know the exact location of every incident, but of the sights we know, none are more than 4 miles apart as the crow flies.

I do suspect some of the sites were on the ridge south (not north as mentioned) of basecamp and Rock Creek Lake. That south ridge appears to be unaffected by logging, so it is primo territory.

I'm certainly not saying there are no sasquatch there. As I examine terrain, I think it's very possible, but as a keeper of the SSR database, I have to think whatever algorithm gave them this spot is also a lie.

No Public BF data supports this area at all. Maybe the algorithm highlighted available filming dates on land they had permission to be on.

Every time they said East, they likely meant West. If they said North, they likely meant South. The "bigfoot highway" trails shown in LIDAR are old logging roads that are mapped.

The fold out map that Russell pointed to was spot on. The map on the wall that Bryce marked up is inaccurate. I looked and could not find that area on the maps anywhere around. Detail that is normally available on topo maps was all scrubbed. We saw enough that we should have been able to read the name of a creek or a mountain. The coordinates on Bryce's notebook are a lie.

I believe they expected that nobody could figure out the real location, but we did.

Joe Public doesn't care if they exaggerate. The producers care about entertainment, not truth. They wanted the narrative to be that they were in a much larger area than they really were. This goes right along with the "manufactured drama" that they also gave us. It's not all bad though. They had some good ideas.

Maybe our next trick should be to find the cabin Bryce was in. I'll bet it's not really 39 miles away.

I think the algorithm could possibly be east/west connecting montane sylvan environments between the Coast Range and the Blues on a crossing path avoiding urban areas, coast and away from the Columbia River crossings where there is minimal development that could include water, campgrounds and logging roads.  Added elevations above valley floors may be involved for lookout purposes too.  If there are ungulates herds in those valleys that would just be icing on the cake.  I would imagine the cabin Bryce was in could be a campground state rental or VRBO somewhere in the environs, meaning within six to ten miles. If you check your mapping of the SSR there is a hinged top of the door line of dots heading across that area running southwest to northeast toward the Blues.  Great investigative work and map sleuthing. 

27 minutes ago, norseman said:

But this is the EXACT problem Redbone is addressing....

Working together towards a common goal requires meticulous note taking including coordinates! Knowingly lying about locations to foul other researchers IS the problem.

I have followed up on one BFRO report in Montana. Nothing was were they said it was. Making it impossible to find. Science requires testable and repeatable results!

As a community we SHOULD be working together. But that does NOT mean we should be praising charlatans who produce phony data because they wanna look cool or sell reality TV shows.

If I tell you that I’m somewhere you can dang well bet the farm that’s where I am. And you can drive there yourself and check it out.

Agreed, I believe the obfuscation efforts come from some belief an area will be overrun by pro-kill gunners and gawkers once identified however.  I don't quite understand how that area would need that level of smoke-screening but there may be some reason.  Remember even the Michigan Project couldn't keep their area secret. 

Not many neighbors seemingly to disturb in that area besides mother nature and campers it seems. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Explorer said:

BTW, I agree with you that rappelling down that cliff was all show and had no scientific or exploratory merit.  Not sure who they are trying to impress who is truly interested in BF research.

Explorer

Not sure about your last sentence . The reason to rappel down that cliff wall was to get that hair sample to the hands of what his name who was the actor in that movie staying off site. So that those hair samples could get checked out by Dr. Jeff Meldrum. Russell did seem very uncomfortable rappelling down that cliff.  I am not sure that they were trying to impress anyone. Now If I had seen a thermos image I would have posted some one on the cam and tried to sneak up on the creature with a another thermos. This way they could have been to get a better view of what ever it was they were viewing on that thermos.  But again this is a show and it is not meant to prove them but get ratings. 

Is this not what these shows are about Ratings and getting people to keep watching their show .  So they use people to gain the trust of entertainment and have the audience keep coming back by stopping at the end of suspected activity. We keep watching because we all want to know to what's going to happen next. This is the art of entertainment. Off course they already know the outcome.

BFF Patron

On the topic of entertainment vs subterfuge, what is the chance that thermal hit of a biped was purposely blurred or doctored? 

2 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

On the topic of entertainment vs subterfuge, what is the chance that thermal hit of a biped was purposely blurred or doctored? 

The same thing could be said for any piece of evidence ever presented on any of these cryptoreality shows. If they go out and find NOTHING then they have no show to make.  No show and then the bills don't get paid...

BFF Patron

Certainly== I am disappointed in the audio that is produced on most of these shows for the same reason, seems manufactured usually.  Even hotspots with a production crew present for days would probably produce very little, it is a wonder BFRO trips do produce stuff as many people that participate in those. 

Edited by bipedalist

27 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Agreed, I believe the obfuscation efforts come from some belief an area will be overrun by pro-kill gunners and gawkers once identified however.  I don't quite understand how that area would need that level of smoke-screening but there may be some reason.  Remember even the Michigan Project couldn't keep their area secret. 

Not many neighbors seemingly to disturb in that area besides mother nature and campers it seems. 

I would never move in to someone’s research area knowingly. That’s just dangerous. I try and stay far away from people.

I suppose that’s not all pro kill people unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
36 minutes ago, norseman said:

I would never move in to someone’s research area knowingly. That’s just dangerous. I try and stay far away from people.

Imagine how I felt when the NEON people moved into my research area.    By that time or because of them, the area is now cold.  Next time I encounter one of those people I am going to approach them and find out what their story is.   I may just ask them if they knew that the area had bigfoot activity.   

4 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Imagine how I felt when the NEON people moved into my research area.    By that time or because of them, the area is now cold.  Next time I encounter one of those people I am going to approach them and find out what their story is.   I may just ask them if they knew that the area had bigfoot activity.   

Forgive my ignorance, but what is NEON?

45 minutes ago, norseman said:

This.

I am very pro-kill and wouldn't go into an area that I knew others were already in and researching without speaking with them first.  It is both rude and dangerous.  I would hope that others would pay me the same courtesy.

As far as moving into someone else's area...the same could be said about no-kill proponents as well.  It doesn't just have to be pro-kill who would do such a thing.

34 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is NEON?

This.

I am very pro-kill and wouldn't go into an area that I knew others were already in and researching without speaking with them first.  It is both rude and dangerous.  I would hope that others would pay me the same courtesy.

As far as moving into someone else's area...the same could be said about no-kill proponents as well.  It doesn't just have to be pro-kill who would do such a thing.

I think Bipedalist included gawkers too....to be fair.