Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

44 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Imagine how I felt when the NEON people moved into my research area.    By that time or because of them, the area is now cold.  Next time I encounter one of those people I am going to approach them and find out what their story is.   I may just ask them if they knew that the area had bigfoot activity.   

I can hear the snickers from here...

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

Explorer

Not sure about your last sentence . The reason to rappel down that cliff wall was to get that hair sample to the hands of what his name who was the actor in that movie staying off site. So that those hair samples could get checked out by Dr. Jeff Meldrum. Russell did seem very uncomfortable rappelling down that cliff.  I am not sure that they were trying to impress anyone.

I suppose we could ignore the fact that there is a forest road to the top of that peak where Russell was at. Bryce was likely in a rental car, and I probably wouldn't even drive my old Suburban up that road after the rain.

Of course there is also a trail that gets him to the road with a 1 mile hike, without the need of rappelling equipment. I'm fat and I could probably make that downhill hike with no problems. Depending on where he rappelled, it looks like he had to go farther than a mile. But hey... tv shows require cool stuff to be shown.

916742573_EBPeakTopo.thumb.jpg.2410d56de635008199977772d38592e9.jpg

Let's not forget that this:

2101019232_RockCreekLakeandenvirons.thumb.jpg.21cc81fd1d2b47679ca6bcd3697deb70.jpg

Not this:

IMG_20200109_175201.thumb.jpg.aceac9330aee567bbbd6188553e059be.jpg

Is the actual terrain involved. While there are some rock outcroppings none of them would fit my idea of cliffs. The slope is fairly steep with some talus in places at the bottom but nothing requiring rappelling or that an individual in decent shape couldn't ascend without gear as Dr. Mayor does in her hike to the location of the of the return call to her call blasting. Also, while there are certainly plenty of forested areas, very few are as dense as depicted in the doctored image from the show. I did home on the area by searching for "Tate Springs" on the topo map Redbone posted; great work that, sir!

• Upvote 1

I determined that the area that I guessed was the marshy area last night is correct.

Here is a Google Earth comparison to a tv shot. We are looking toward the southeast. There are several features (trees, logs, creek) that match. GPS is about 44.419530, -119.828830.

1496351432_EBMarshlookingSE.thumb.jpg.b174fef6c5e2c439fb2f6174997db5cf.jpg

1651963743_EBMarshClearingGE.thumb.jpg.4a8f6a3ac72d3415e570e8ed336a71bd.jpg

This is the 1/3 mile clearing that they claim is 2 miles long.

EB Marshy area.jpg

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Redbone said:

Want to see what I've accomplished sitting in my armchair? I long for your approval so that I can go back to being critical of others.

Here is the result of YEARS of effort, classifying encounters into the SSR database. Notice that big open spot in Oregon?

688658868_SSRMap011420.thumb.jpg.1508307e5920696548e21d5dfd51c768.jpg

As of today there are 7190 classified reports in our database, and most (outside of Washington) were entered by me.

Along with that, I've been putting John Green reports on this site since they no longer had a public web location. I did this while adding them to SSR.

Feel free to read through the 1000 plus John Green reports that I've placed here, while sitting in my armchair. (Follow this link to see them all)

Of course sometimes I need a break from all that time in the armchair, providing nothing, so I get out from time to time.

Here is one of my encounters - 2018

Here is another:

Oh, and then there is all that audio I've collected.

Now if it's ok with you, I can get back to pointing out some of the problems I see with this tv program.

I have already admitted its not all bad. I actually like Dr. Mayor and Russell Accord. Those are the kind of people I'd like to hang in the woods with.

I'd just prefer to do it without fake drama and lies about how far they have to walk.

Edit to add: If they need help trying to figure out how tall the eyes were, I made tool for that.

So basically nothing. Your map alone is laughable. Sad you spend so much timing filing away false reports. 

• Downvote 13

On 1/14/2020 at 9:18 AM, CaveMan said:

I never understand why so many here only criticize the work of others. The entire field suffers from a bucket of crabs mentality and THAT is why the subject is a laughing stock and will never yield results. Too many working against each other and not together. Too many hoaxers and too many armchair enthusiasts who do nothing, but attempt to discredit anything that doesn’t involve them directly. 

Get of your y’all and go out there and actually do something. Go spend 3 weeks in the woods, bring back some serious results. Until then just be quiet because most of you aren’t bringing any value and **** sure aren’t bringing in any results. 

back at ya... pot meet kettle

Look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are doing what you complain about...

45 minutes ago, CaveMan said:

So basically nothing. Your map alone is laughable. Sad you spend so much timing filing away false reports. 

You can disagree without being disagreeable....

You are being very disagreeable.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Unwarranted criticism: So simple even a caveman can do it.

Hey hey! Whoa! If it wasnt fer cavemen.... where would you get yer clubs and fire! Huh?

Edited by norseman
  • Haha 1

BFF Patron

Yes our cavemen seemed to triumph over the bigger Neanderthal.   They probably thought we were clever monkeys. 

38 minutes ago, norseman said:

Hey hey! Whoa! If it wasnt fer cavemen.... where would you get yer clubs and fire! Huh?

I LOVE UNFROZEN CAVEMAN LAWYER!!!

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I am just a caveman...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Dude, yer killin' me!

Looks like cavemen are able to utilize the downvote feature.

He nicked me, too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/14/2020 at 1:23 AM, Redbone said:

AM I certain? Absolutely... and this area is not remote at all. They just want us to think they are out in the "130 square mile" wilderness. Here is the post that really proves it. (link)

6 and 8 mile trips are lies... There are no two points more than 4 miles apart. I suppose step for step on a trail could add distance, but all of these spots can be driven to.

I don't know the exact location of every incident, but of the sights we know, none are more than 4 miles apart as the crow flies.

I do suspect some of the sites were on the ridge south (not north as mentioned) of basecamp and Rock Creek Lake. That south ridge appears to be unaffected by logging, so it is primo territory.

I'm certainly not saying there are no sasquatch there. As I examine terrain, I think it's very possible, but as a keeper of the SSR database, I have to think whatever algorithm gave them this spot is also a lie.

No Public BF data supports this area at all. Maybe the algorithm highlighted available filming dates on land they had permission to be on.

Every time they said East, they likely meant West. If they said North, they likely meant South. The "bigfoot highway" trails shown in LIDAR are old logging roads that are mapped.

The fold out map that Russell pointed to was spot on. The map on the wall that Bryce marked up is inaccurate. I looked and could not find that area on the maps anywhere around. Detail that is normally available on topo maps was all scrubbed. We saw enough that we should have been able to read the name of a creek or a mountain. The coordinates on Bryce's notebook are a lie.

I believe they expected that nobody could figure out the real location, but we did.

Joe Public doesn't care if they exaggerate. The producers care about entertainment, not truth. They wanted the narrative to be that they were in a much larger area than they really were. This goes right along with the "manufactured drama" that they also gave us. It's not all bad though. They had some good ideas.

Maybe our next trick should be to find the cabin Bryce was in. I'll bet it's not really 39 miles away.

I made it a point to rewatch some of the episodes. At the beginning of the "Human Bait" episode,  Dr. Mayor and Ronny were going to from base camp back to the site of the eyeshine incident on an ATV/side-by-side.  I believe the moderator said the distance was around 8 miles. That's hard to understand when you draw an 8' circle around base camp on the map.

Edited by wiiawiwb

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Looks like cavemen are able to utilize the downvote feature.

He nicked me, too.

Lol.  I saw that...

I threw an upvote at both of you to counter that vengeful downvote.

• Upvote 3