Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

I made it a point to rewatch some of the episodes. At the beginning of the "Human Bait" episode,  Dr. Mayor and Ronny were going to from base camp back to the site of the eyeshine incident on an ATV/side-by-side.  I believe the moderator said the distance was around 8 miles. That's hard to understand when you draw an 8' circle around base camp on the map.

I re-watched that part last night and was laughing about the 8 mile comment. If they went to the far west end of the clearing, it was 2 miles max from base camp. It was 1.6 miles to the east end. (I'd still ride if I could)

I also laughed when they talked about their "90000" acre area, about 10x the area they "actually" filmed in. After you stare at all the sights for awhile, it starts to seem as if they tried really hard to stay OUT of the National Forest, at least according to the boundaries I see. Russell was in it though when he went up that peak. Dr. Mayor may have been in the NF when above the clearing, but can't be sure.

1503380818_EBAcres.thumb.jpg.fa4af591484c73efb8830782ee0f6162.jpg

I took a look at the eyes, and they seemed too wide for the height (I compared eye-width to a Sybilla Irwin drawing)

That means nothing though because we don't know the terrain, or if the owner of the eyes was crouched down. They really needed to re-create the height.

The good news is with the aid of the video they should be able to accurately estimate the height and distance behind that tree limb.  Once that is known, they should also be able to estimate the distance between the eyes.

Off topic....is it safe to download Google Earth? I'm always reluctant to download any software for concern about malware, viruses, etc?

One of the interesting things I see is that though they talked about 8 miles hiking, in later episodes they cover the same area by UTV on roads.    It may well be that there is a trail that is an 8 mile hike .. even if it is not a straight line.   A close up look at that lake shows boats, etc, so it is probably a fairly popular recreation area in season.  

MIB

29 minutes ago, MIB said:

so it is probably a fairly popular recreation area in season.

702551827_BigfootJetski.jpg.3c3ca93042ed32cf56ef83d9fe640be1.jpg

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 1

Are they also making up sighting reports, or is there any chance these shown below in the show intro are real - all dated February to May 2019?  Note that this is about an 80 mile circle with Seneca on the east edge, with their 13 mile/ 90000 acre research area being just north of the center of this larger "hotspot" zone.  I showed a couple shots here since the text fades in and out as they zoom.

20200116_103424.jpg

20200116_103437.jpg

BFF Patron
16 minutes ago, hiflier said:

702551827_BigfootJetski.jpg.3c3ca93042ed32cf56ef83d9fe640be1.jpg

He'd be better motoracing with that posture, teehee!

16 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

Are they also making up sighting reports, or is there any chance these shown below in the show intro are real - all dated February to May 2019?  Note that this is about an 80 mile circle with Seneca on the east edge, with their 13 mile/ 90000 acre research area being just north of the center of this larger "hotspot" zone.  I showed a couple shots here since the text fades in and out as they zoom.

It's my opinion that they just made it up. I think the reports and the algorithm are mentioned just to create the illusion that this all being done because of some higher science.

Last 50 years = zero reports.

3 month period in 2019 = 15 reports.

I'm not buying it...

BFF Patron

^ Agreed, they made reference to the best image to come from any previous research too.  Wonder if they meant the heat signature or if they have some other Ace up their sleeve not seen yet?  In thinking about the show to date, no way I slip down a rappel rope to pick up a suspect sasquatch hair, I squatch with my boots on terra firma.  I might  check the local bird nests and climb a tree.  That said, wonder if any of those wingsuit gliders have had a sighting yet? I'll check the local birdnest first. 

Edited by bipedalist

Just now, bipedalist said:

^ Agreed, they made reference to the best image to come from any previous research too.  Wonder if they meant the heat signature or if they have some other Ace up their sleeve not seen yet?  

I thought about this too. You know they showed the PGF footage on the show while talking to Bob Gimlin. It really is the best, in my opinion. Maybe a little misleading though... We'll see what the remaining shows bring.

Gotta say also that the thermal blob, while not conclusive, is enormous. They did an amost perfect job doing size comparison on that one. The only thing better would to have gotten Russell into closer position.

2 minutes ago, Redbone said:

It's my opinion that they just made it up.

No.   There are at least two groups doing investigations in the area, one is a BFRO sub-set, the other is affiliated informally and working with them.    They just have access to information you don't have access to because it is not published yet.

MIB

BFF Patron

Interesting, maybe the algorithm has something to do with certain rocky surfaces or hides as well as water and tree cover, migration routes.  The elevation thing in the Pacific NW is one way to pick areas too.  As I remember 1500-2500 ft range pretty good hunting especially during certain times of the year.  The orbs are certainly a new to the entertainment bigfoot show medium, not that I haven't encountered some weird stuff in my research. 

Edited by bipedalist

42 minutes ago, MIB said:

No.   There are at least two groups doing investigations in the area, one is a BFRO sub-set, the other is affiliated informally and working with them.    They just have access to information you don't have access to because it is not published yet.

MIB

I did say it was my opinion, but I'm open to the possibility. the area does look squatchy.

If a similar show :rolleyes: was done in my own research areas, the public reports would be miniscule compared to actual known activity.

Just now, Redbone said:

I did say it was my opinion, but I;m open to the possibility. the area does look squatchy.

If a similar show was done in my own research areas, the public reports would be miniscule compared to actual known activity.

PM coming.  :)

18 minutes ago, Redbone said:

Gotta say also that the thermal blob, while not conclusive, is enormous. They did an almost perfect job doing size comparison on that one. The only thing better would to have gotten Russell into closer position.

I dunno.  I'll have to look at it again, but I recall they lined that up by matching the posts up that are in the near foreground to compare the images which are far out.  That is not a thing that works unless that camera is in exactly the same place, and if it is the posts should line up anyway.  Also, they really did not know how far out that therm hit was.