Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

BFF Patron
36 minutes ago, JustCurious said:

I've never put too much stock in the stories of infrasound causing illness or other affects.  If infrasound really affected everyone the way it's claimed, not too many people would be leaving a zoo smiling.  In fact, there'd be a lot of sick people from being around the elephants, hippopotamuses, rhinoceroses, giraffes, okapis, and alligators all in one day.

Those animals do not emit it all the time.   Elephants use it to communicate.    Lions and tigers use it to attack and stun prey     Not a lot of that goes on in zoos.   The experiments on humans list all kinds of bad effects  so you just cannot dismiss it. https://littlefield.co/the-psychoacoustic-effect-of-infrasonic-sonic-and-ultrasonic-frequencies-within-non-lethal-cf05e1fd8673  The question is if BF uses it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well from what I can say when it had happen to me in my hunting area it was not a fun day or week. I was following down this old dried up creek bed that was bottle necking into these pines. I believe that the deer were bedding up into this area . It was in the evening and the sun was going down but it was not dark yet. As I was checking out this area I started to hear this low growl or moan. It kind of sounded like a pig snorting ad it was coming off this ridge to my left since I was down below from that ridge. At first I did not pay that much attention to this sound. I just blew it off and said to my self that there no wild pigs in this area. So I kept on going on with what I was doing and looking for more sing of how the deer were pushing through this area . But the low growls kept on going on and yet they did not seem like growl but more like a low moan.

Anyhow I started to feel real funny and not myself. But I did not pay attention to it and blamed it on the heat . So I drank some water and poured water on my head to cool my self down. But these sounds kept going on and I kept feeling ill and did not understand why.. It got to a point that I had to back out of there. I also figured out that these growls or moans might have been coming from these creatures. But I did not discover this until we went and investigated it later. It was then that we seen that there was a creature hiding up on this ridge along this bottle neck waiting pounce on a deer. We figured that I just happen to disturbed it's hunting area. That I happen to walk up on it and disturb it while it was hunting. I did not take it's warning but at the same time it did not want to scream  and scare the deer in that area. Now this is just me assuming  but it does make sense.

What I felt that day was miserable. My stomach was upset. I felt very weak and very dizzy and did not think that I would make it back to my truck. Felt like throwing up and for that whole week I was just laid out on the couch. So from that point on when ever I hear that low moan or growl the first time I just get the heck out of there. But I would rather hear that loud growling stuff then that low growl stuff. Since that low stuff is debilitating. I also wanted to say that I thought that I heard a low  growl  or moan right before Russel said he was feeling ill.

I have experienced infrasound but it did not have the lasting effects others describe.    Most times it was sort of numbing, a failure to react to stimulus that should have been concerning, which was not noticed for a period of hours or days after the event ended.   A few times it was very uncomfortable or frightening but there were no persisting side effects afterwards.  

MIB

Guest not you

Hey guys, I am new here and have a little bit more information as to where they are and also was looking for a place to vent about this show.  First I do believe there is substantial evidence showing something is out there but without actually encountering one it is hard to say for sure.

The area they are in is on private property, it is known as Antone ranch here is a link to their website www.antoneranch.com   So either Antone ranch got a hold of someone to report a bunch of sightings and bring them in to search or the production is paying a lot of money to be there because the ranch looks like people pay to go hunting, fishing and other things on it. The airstrip to the north is so clients can fly in and hunt and fish.

Now for the venting.... If you are going to make a show about something as controversial as bigfoot and be authentic you had better be accurate with everything you say on the show.  As others have said their distances are way off they say something is 4 miles away when it's

actually only 1 mile, for example the clearing they are investigating they said it was 2 miles long when it's about a half mile long.  If the reason they are doing all this is to try to hide where they are then DON'T SHOW THE LAKES.  Between the big lake and the small one that looks like a bear, which was shown on the lidar scans in the first episode, I was able to find this place in 5 minutes on google maps. Besides that I do enjoy the show but I find myself doubting more than I should. Ok now I feel much better thank you for letting me do that.

Edited by not you

1 hour ago, not you said:

Hey guys, I am new here and have a little bit more information as to where they are and also was looking for a place to vent about this show.  First I do believe there is substantial evidence showing something is out there but without actually encountering one it is hard to say for sure.

The area they are in is on private property, it is known as Antone ranch here is a link to their website www.antoneranch.com   So either Antone ranch got a hold of someone to report a bunch of sightings and bring them in to search or the production is paying a lot of money to be there because the ranch looks like people pay to go hunting, fishing and other things on it. The airstrip to the north is so clients can fly in and hunt and fish.

Now for the venting.... If you are going to make a show about something as controversial as bigfoot and be authentic you had better be accurate with everything you say on the show.  As others have said their distances are way off they say something is 4 miles away when it's

actually only 1 mile, for example the clearing they are investigating they said it was 2 miles long when it's about a half mile long.  If the reason they are doing all this is to try to hide where they are then DON'T SHOW THE LAKES.  Between the big lake and the small one that looks like a bear, which was shown on the lidar scans in the first episode, I was able to find this place in 5 minutes on google maps. Besides that I do enjoy the show but I find myself doubting more than I should. Ok now I feel much better thank you for letting me do that.

Not sure if you've made it through this whole thread, but we knew where it was filmed. The "Anton Ranch" info is new (to me anyway) so you got your first upvote. Welcome to BFF.

And just like that we found the cabin. It's labeled Cougar Lake Cabin on the Antone Ranch website 'landmarks' page. I haven't found it on the map yet though.

AR2-26z-72-1200.jpg

• Upvote 1

So apparently "Cougar Lake" is Fred Creek Lake, 44.470750, -119.836350, and is about 3 miles from base camp. Now the question is whether Bryce was even there or if it was just a prop for the show. Actually, it probably doesn't matter. A lie is a lie. They pretended it's a cabin 30 some miles away. It looks like there are 3 cabins there. Not sure if they are all the same design. I only found 1 picture.

1300619598_FredCreekLakeCabins.thumb.jpg.204cd4261c35b056ca9086d8f402d868.jpg

547785970_AntoneRanchMap.thumb.jpg.6c945da016b75ef1383cda360fb29901.jpg

Antone-Ranch-Map.pdf

BFF Patron

Interesting there is a fire tower in the area and I don't recall them mentioning that yet?  Would have probably been a dead giveaway had they done that.  Not that it wasn't with the great lake shots. 

6 hours ago, not you said:

........The area they are in is on private property, it is known as Antone ranch here is a link to their website www.antoneranch.com   So either Antone ranch got a hold of someone to report a bunch of sightings and bring them in to search or the production is paying a lot of money to be there........

Had the ranch brought them in because of fresh sightings, that would have been too good for all to be kept secret. It would have been a great storyline to start the series, and it would have been great advertising for the ranch.

If they did this series on national forest land, they would have needed a permit. Maybe a permit for a show like this would have been denied by the USFS. Maybe they tried to get a permit, and were denied. That would also be a great storyline.

A series of lies, falsehoods, and phony sets was a mistake, IMHO, but then, I'm not a Hollywood guy, lawyer, or politician, either. Those guys seem to live to lie.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Huntster said:

If they did this series on national forest land, they would have needed a permit. Maybe a permit for a show like this would have been denied by the USFS. Maybe they tried to get a permit, and were denied. That would also be a great storyline.

I was certain earlier that Russell was on NF land when he went up to the peak, but after seeing the PDF map I see there was a lookout (marked "9" on the map) on Antone Ranch land at the correct angle.

Furthermore, the web page has a panoramic view from that spot that matches the angle seen on the show. I am on board with the theory that they could not film on NF land. Private land was the way to go.

Antone-Photos-0038-PS2100.jpg

Well there goes there algorithm theory of knowing where these creature will show up. What a lot of BS on knowing where they will be. Then again is how they keep pushing that ape stuff on people by using these shows as well which really tee's me off. But again it is all entertainment to gain ratings. Just like those glowing eyes which I sure as heck would have not have stood by and just watch them standing there afar. If you are in a hot spot and are having action like that then you and have the proper cameras then you will do what ever it takes to get that photo better then Patty.  I would have pushed it and got in there to see what was making those eyes glow. But that is me and no I am not just talk. Sure I be scared but I would want to know what it was that was glowing.  What's the worst that could happen but have rocks thrown at you. The other worst thing that can happen is you being chased the heck out of there. But my guess would be that another creature would at least draw your attention from where those eyes were coming from and give it time to get the heck out of there.  Like so many other encounters that have happen. This is why they are never alone . 

National Forest are great places for them to hide in. Since some of them are so big and have a lot of game. Redbone you are right that this place is just right for them to film since they would not have to pull all these permits to film. If there is a runway then that just makes it that much easer for them to film and bring in there equipment and not bring that much attention to what they were doing.  We have no idea if there was encounters going on this ranch  and I am pretty sure they would keep it silent if there was. The ranch sounds like a good money maker with the things they have going on their ranch. They have a lot of wanna be cowboy stuff going on there ranch which sounds pretty cool. Not to many people can have that type of adventure in their lives. So this ranch brings this life to people who may not be able to live this life and want to live it. Only if it is for a vacation. I say kudo's for this place for doing what they are doing.

Now on another note I would not be happy if all this is a hoax to bring more people to their ranch. To be able to live another type of fantasy. To be able to feel like what it is to encounter a SaS out in the wild in a controlled area.  It is already a business with the BFRO with their tours. So what would make this different. Except now it is on a private ranch where it can be controlled better. Well I hope that I am wrong but Bigfoot seems have become big business for people. If it ever becomes discovered may destroy this good income for some. It seems that bigfoot has become less about the truth and more about greed .

We should really think about it before one of us really shoot one of these beast. If not one has not been shot already and is in a lab. It is not worth what one deserves. Just being on the level, Brothers.

• Upvote 1

Clearly the Ranch House has satellite dishes as can be seen in the picture in the link below. I'd speculate the chalet house (Cougar Lake Cabin) has a satellite(s) as well.  Why would Bryce go 30 miles away when he could be three miles away in the Cougar Lake Cabin (as it's called in the website) and be perfectly set up to conduct business?

https://www.antoneranch.com/photo-gallery/landmarks/

Note about halfway down in the link above you'll see a micro-jet getting ready for take off.  I wonder what a sasquatch thinks about it and the noise it generates?

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

A series of lies, falsehoods, and phony sets was a mistake, IMHO, but then, I'm not a Hollywood guy, lawyer, or politician, either. Those guys seem to live to lie.

9 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Well there goes there algorithm theory of knowing where these creature will show up. What a lot of BS on knowing where they will be. 

On 1/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, Redbone said:

It's my opinion that they just made it up. I think the reports and the algorithm are mentioned just to create the illusion that this all being done because of some higher science.

Last 50 years = zero reports.

3 month period in 2019 = 15 reports.

I'm not buying it...

From day one, I laughed at their claim of a special algorithm.

Maybe the algorithm was answering the following question:  "what large private lands can we rent in Oregon (to avoid NF permits) where we can do a BF show and get a good rental deal?"

I am not saying there is no BF presence there.  Only that I doubt their claim of having a special computer algorithm that predicted that specific location and dates to encounter a BF.

Algorithm.png

Inkedyou-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-think-it V2.jpg

Edited by Explorer

Antone Ranch had been sold just prior to filming. (news link)  (listing link)

The similarly sized Antone Ranch in Wheeler County, Oregon recently sold after being listed for $55 million by Mason Morse Ranch Company.

Here is another take on the show. Of interest is what he says about the 'bigfoot nest' being a shelter built by somebody likely doing survival training. The maneuvers map is from WWII era.

28 minutes ago, Redbone said:

......... Of interest is what he says about the 'bigfoot nest' being a shelter built by somebody likely doing survival training.........

That is an interesting thing to keep in mind........