Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

11 hours ago, Huntster said:

Had the ranch brought them in because of fresh sightings, that would have been too good for all to be kept secret. It would have been a great storyline to start the series, and it would have been great advertising for the ranch..........

Rethinking this, a new buyer for the ranch (at @ $30million) would not want any "advertising" of any kind........whatsoever. The deception is likely their requirement. They're just bringing in cash from a filmmaker who couldn't get permission to film their silly "reality show" on the King's Land.

Thinking further.........

A sasquatch "researcher", specifically the type who likes to do email type queries of government types, might find pay dirt with a few queries asking about commercial filming permit requests on public lands involving sasquatchery in Oregon, with the caveat that a FOI request could be forthcoming. Of course, as a former federal contracting COR would anticipate, the "proprietary information" excuse might be used to withhold such information, but all the government would need to do is redact the names of the entities seeking such permits, not the fact or dates that such permits were sought.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron
11 hours ago, Huntster said:

Had the ranch brought them in because of fresh sightings, that would have been too good for all to be kept secret. It would have been a great storyline to start the series, and it would have been great advertising for the ranch.

If they did this series on national forest land, they would have needed a permit. Maybe a permit for a show like this would have been denied by the USFS. Maybe they tried to get a permit, and were denied. That would also be a great storyline.

A series of lies, falsehoods, and phony sets was a mistake, IMHO, but then, I'm not a Hollywood guy, lawyer, or politician, either. Those guys seem to live to lie.

Someone mentioned that a permit to film on NF takes months to get and requires an environmental impact study to be done before it is issued.    No one in their right mind would do that when private land is available.  I wonder if Dr Mayor knows she is on a fast track to infamy being associated with a film crew that seems to be intentionally dishonest.    Film crews can make things happen that the principal characters have no knowledge of if things get boring.     The crew wants their contract renewed.     Perhaps Bryce separated from the on screen characters to orchestrate things happening they are not aware of.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Clearly the Ranch House has satellite dishes as can be seen in the picture in the link below. I'd speculate the chalet house (Cougar Lake Cabin) has a satellite(s) as well.  Why would Bryce go 30 miles away when he could be three miles away in the Cougar Lake Cabin (as it's called in the website) and be perfectly set up to conduct business?

https://www.antoneranch.com/photo-gallery/landmarks/

Note about halfway down in the link above you'll see a micro-jet getting ready for take off.  I wonder what a sasquatch thinks about it and the noise it generates?

Maybe the algorithm was old home ruins, abandoned rusted trucks, old mines,

round cows on stilts, sucker audience....... and corporate clients with private jet access?!

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Clearly the Ranch House has satellite dishes as can be seen in the picture in the link below. I'd speculate the chalet house (Cougar Lake Cabin) has a satellite(s) as well.  Why would Bryce go 30 miles away when he could be three miles away in the Cougar Lake Cabin (as it's called in the website) and be perfectly set up to conduct business?

https://www.antoneranch.com/photo-gallery/landmarks/

Note about halfway down in the link above you'll see a micro-jet getting ready for take off.  I wonder what a sasquatch thinks about it and the noise it generates?

Your microjet has three engines which makes it a G-3    That has enough range to fly to Europe.  It is large compared with a Cessna Citation.  

23 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Someone mentioned that a permit to film on NF takes months to get and requires an environmental impact study to be done before it is issued.    No one in their right mind would do that when private land is available........

Somebody with the sinister mind frame that would require all that crap might do it.

Going through all that crap requires a response..........which is a legal standing. Denying the permit puts them on the hot seat. That, in and of itself, is worth more than the money and time it takes to prepare and submit the EIS. Moreover, that EIS is a tool for future "permissions". Been there, done that.........on both sides of the equation. 

Unfortunately, today's society requires either a lawyer in your pocket everywhere you go, or a paralegal education to navigate everyday life, forcing your opponent to invest in lawyers to stop you from your goals.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2019 at 6:43 PM, Arvedis said:

The Travel Channel wrote:

Researchers uncover Bigfoot clues in new Travel Channel series. Team believes advanced algorithm is missing key to solving legend.

3hvq92.jpg

Forgot to quote Arvedis, who early on posted doubts on the "advanced algorithm" claim.

Back then I gave Arvedis a  + "ha ha"vote to support his statement.

Anybody who hides their methodology can claim special advanced algorithms.

They don't have to share their algorithm to get peers to support them, they just need to describe what data was used, the general type of model, and what was the optimization criteria.

When I did my predictive analytics work for WA using the early SSR database back 5 years ago, I posted the methodology used fully transparent in the report (posted in the Premium section).

I never claimed it was any good, just one way of looking at the data and trying to predict the most likely location and time period based on parameters from historical reports.

I stopped doing that work, because I thought it was flawed (too long a story to discuss on this thread).

I recall that early on the EB show claimed that 3 locations were selected for optimal BF hotzone but this one was the best (or most convenient).

The fact that this location was such a convenient private ranch raises doubts on the other claims too.

Who knows what mapping model they used?  They probably had some data, model and mapping done, otherwise it would have been a total lie.

Edited by Explorer
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Turns out this was all quite the expedition after all?  Following the train of subterfuge and subversion makes it quite the mystery!  Modern operational definition for reality TV entertainment or "tricks" of the trade.  Is it me, or does Jeff Meldrum look amused with a telling smirk in many of his appearances when interviewed in connection with this series?

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Explorer said:

.......Anybody who hides their methodology can claim special advanced algorithms.

They don't have to share their algorithm to get peers to support them, they just need to describe what data was used, the general type of model, and what was the optimization criteria........

Ditto "computer modeling" to establish a global tax scheme with global warming/climate change as your justification. The majority of sheep will flock up as expected. The rams will eventually be slaughtered, which is already part and parcel of the natural plan of control. It really doesn't matter how flimsy, repeated, and/or obvious this libe of bullspit is. The sheep will follow. It's their natural reaction. 

........When I did my predictive analytics work for WA using the early SSR database back 5 years ago, I posted the methodology used fully transparent in the report (posted in the Premium section).

I never claimed it was any good, just one way of looking at the data and trying to predict the most likely location and time period based on parameters from historical reports.

I stopped doing that work, because I thought I was flawed (too long a story to discuss on this thread)........

Were you flawed, or was the data flawed/incomplete?

BFF Patron

^ I assumed he made a typo of I for it?

^^^^ Probably not a typo........likely not the best chosen word to describe his situation. But his thoughts are important for me to understand accurately.......

57 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Someone mentioned that a permit to film on NF takes months to get and requires an environmental impact study to be done before it is issued.    No one in their right mind would do that when private land is available.  I wonder if Dr Mayor knows she is on a fast track to infamy being associated with a film crew that seems to be intentionally dishonest.    Film crews can make things happen that the principal characters have no knowledge of if things get boring.     The crew wants their contract renewed.     Perhaps Bryce separated from the on screen characters to orchestrate things happening they are not aware of.

Do you mean like being unknowingly being hoaxed by the film crew. So that they can fulfill the suspense in the characters. There does seem to be a story line and Bryce is the only actor in the series so he has nothing to loose as far as a reputation. But the rest I am sure that the film crew and the producers do not care about their reputation. Unless the characters have full knowledge of what they are getting them selves into and have signed papers so that they may not sue the editors of the show. The way I see it is that they are treating the existence of this creature as a big game.  Playing it off as entertainment. Like it is just a joke.

It is truly true that these programs are making us who are looking for these creatures look like a joke. I often wonder how we must look when we do talk about these creatures with folks who have no idea about these creatures. Then they watch these shows and see how foolish it looks . It is very shame full to see this. So much that the only best thing to do is to place a bullet in one of these creatures and place it in front of these producers and watch them crap their pants and shake so badly for a week or a month. No matter how wrong that this sounds . But this is how I feel. Yet , is this not how the world works to shut down some thing that they know exist. To make it all look foolish and laughable at meaningless results.. Deniability at work.     

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Do you mean like being unknowingly being hoaxed by the film crew. So that they can fulfill the suspense in the characters. There does seem to be a story line and Bryce is the only actor in the series so he has nothing to loose as far as a reputation. But the rest I am sure that the film crew and the producers do not care about their reputation. Unless the characters have full knowledge of what they are getting them selves into and have signed papers so that they may not sue the editors of the show. The way I see it is that they are treating the existence of this creature as a big game.  Playing it off as entertainment. Like it is just a joke.

It is truly true that these programs are making us who are looking for these creatures look like a joke. I often wonder how we must look when we do talk about these creatures with folks who have no idea about these creatures. Then they watch these shows and see how foolish it looks . It is very shame full to see this. So much that the only best thing to do is to place a bullet in one of these creatures and place it in front of these producers and watch them crap their pants and shake so badly for a week or a month. No matter how wrong that this sounds . But this is how I feel. Yet , is this not how the world works to shut down some thing that they know exist. To make it all look foolish and laughable at meaningless results.. Deniability at work.     

ShadowBorn, my upvote, because you're sounding almost as cynical as I have grown to be. I typically don't comment on this thread because of it. Pushing hard for bringing in modern scientific techniques is about all I can seem to do, or even want to do, now. Years ago I used to wonder how bad folks wanted such an incredibly important discovery to actually happen.....I still do.

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Your microjet has three engines which makes it a G-3    That has enough range to fly to Europe.  It is large compared with a Cessna Citation.  

Thanks for correcting that. I know nothing about jets other than "microjets" were developed to get into small airports with small runways. I assumed the runway on this ranch would be exceedingly small and couldn't accommodate anything other than the smallest of jets.  We learn something new every day!

5 hours ago, Explorer said:

I stopped doing that work, because I thought I was flawed (too long a story to discuss on this thread).

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Were you flawed, or was the data flawed/incomplete?

Sorry guys, it was a typo! 

I meant to say that it was flawed (not I).

And by it, I mean the premises used to arrive at the conclusions (data and methods).

(I was able to edit the original post and corrected the typo).

Edited by Explorer
I was able to edit the original post.

BFF Patron
On 1/18/2020 at 11:48 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Thanks for correcting that. I know nothing about jets other than "microjets" were developed to get into small airports with small runways. I assumed the runway on this ranch would be exceedingly small and couldn't accommodate anything other than the smallest of jets.  We learn something new every day!

Given all the generalizations about the ranch in the brochure, that G3 picture could be the airport some distance away at Sun River or Redmond.     I flew in there once and was surrounded by all the big jets.   They are not going to attract corporate interest with some grass field airport.  When I flew down to Madras for the total eclipse,   Amazons Bezos and entourage flew in there in a G3.    They kept their APU running on the ramp for some gourmet lunch until people complained to airport management.   

No problem with being flawed Explorer.    I have been told more than once by someone that I am flawed.  :)