Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

BFF Patron
On 1/18/2020 at 11:23 AM, ShadowBorn said:

Do you mean like being unknowingly being hoaxed by the film crew. So that they can fulfill the suspense in the characters. There does seem to be a story line and Bryce is the only actor in the series so he has nothing to loose as far as a reputation. But the rest I am sure that the film crew and the producers do not care about their reputation. Unless the characters have full knowledge of what they are getting them selves into and have signed papers so that they may not sue the editors of the show. The way I see it is that they are treating the existence of this creature as a big game.  Playing it off as entertainment. Like it is just a joke.

It is truly true that these programs are making us who are looking for these creatures look like a joke. I often wonder how we must look when we do talk about these creatures with folks who have no idea about these creatures. Then they watch these shows and see how foolish it looks . It is very shame full to see this. So much that the only best thing to do is to place a bullet in one of these creatures and place it in front of these producers and watch them crap their pants and shake so badly for a week or a month. No matter how wrong that this sounds . But this is how I feel. Yet , is this not how the world works to shut down some thing that they know exist. To make it all look foolish and laughable at meaningless results.. Deniability at work.     

When the ratings of Finding BIgfoot started to fall,   the producers approached the crew and wanted to "enhance" things to make better TV.     The crew threatened to quit if that happened.   Producers have the most interest in a successful series, if they want to keep doing one.   You cannot know who knows what because they sign nondisclosure agreements.  

I have had one experience with TV news.    Was approached in an airport when I was an airline pilot and asked about something pertinent to something that had happened recently in aviation.     I responded with my opinion and it was so botched and edited on TV that they had completely changed what I was trying to convey.    Even news producers seem to have an agenda, and truth is not part of it.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.......I have had one experience with TV news.    Was approached in an airport when I was an airline pilot and asked about something pertinent to something that had happened recently in aviation.     I responded with my opinion and it was so botched and edited on TV that they had completely changed what I was trying to convey.    Even news producers seem to have an agenda, and truth is not part of it.   

I had the Anchorage Daily News do a similar hit on me with an op-ed I wrote. They simply wrote a title to it that essentially changed the tone of what I wrote and conveyed a different meaning to most of what I wrote. 

They're extremely proficient at the evil ways they push..........

OMG... the drama.... How could a cow skull get underwater in that remote swampy area?

Here's the answer... You are on a ranch. Ranches have cows.

"Abandoned truck in the middle of nowhere?" :lol:

20110510-dsc_2877-PS2100.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Spoiler Alert: 

In addition to that old truck, if you look in the Antone Ranch photo gallery under "landmarks" you will see the cave they discover in next weeks final episode. There is an old cabin near there and some ruins that looks like some type of mining machinery. The graveyard is probably somewhere near those other landmarks.

As Shaggy would say ZOINKS!

Edited by coffee2go

You people do know that they are throwing their careers and their reputations on this series low amount of money then what they could be making . What does that say to us. That science is not all what it use to be. It is also saying that yes, science has it's specimen. Since this Doctor no longer cares about her reputation as well as some other Dr. on the shows.  What ever they were paid must be much more important then the science they do. I am sorry but I am very destress with the progress of this show . I can say that I am very impress with the unique tools that they have used in the field. Also I am impressed that they have not strayed away from the folklore of NA of how these creatures truly are in the wilderness.     

41 minutes ago, coffee2go said:

Spoiler Alert: 

In addition to that old truck, if you look in the Antone Ranch photo gallery under "landmarks" you will see the cave they discover in next weeks final episode. There is an old cabin near there and some ruins that looks like some type of mining machinery. The graveyard is probably somewhere near those other landmarks.

As Shaggy would say ZOINKS!

There is a cemetery at Spanish Gulch, 44.466070, -119.773370, and of course a couple of mines on the property, just south of the cemetery.

815342170_SpanishGulch.thumb.jpg.88c404a3271bcbc9fd72424b7ae9d1f8.jpg

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 1/18/2020 at 10:04 AM, bipedalist said:

Maybe the algorithm was old home ruins, abandoned rusted trucks, old mines,

round cows on stilts, sucker audience....... and corporate clients with private jet access?!

Responding to my own post in the context of added posts about the ranch I will say that my sighting happened on a previous working farm operation long closed almost a hundred years earlier after it timbered over and yes there was at least one mica prospect on the property too.  My point is I do think this could be a workable Sasquatch site given the history of ranching alone---yes.  We know of the curiosity of Sasquatch re: heavy machinery historically.  Still don't think they would cotton to corporate jets unless they were frequent flyers. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Haha 1

It could be a very promising site but what they are doing by acting surprised to find things they obviously knew were there (or could be found there) and possibly exaggerating distances makes the show less credible. In doing this they are not helping the community of researchers who are doing serious work in the field.  I like that they are using the latest technology and less hollering and banging on trees.

• Like 1

Well i don't know about anyone else but when she dreamed about children laughing and then they find the grave yard with children in it, i was looking for the corn field.

• Like 1

I believe it was there way for them to with dreams to lead the show up to the grave yard. But not just that but to show how these creatures are capable to reach into our thoughts . That there is another side to these creatures that we may not understand until we are able to actually capture one alive. It was leading if you know what I mean.

I can understand how private land can produce handsomely as far as sightings are concerned.  Excellent access to water,  plenty of wildlife for a food source, limited and controlled intrusion which means the amount of hunting is only what the owner(s) wants it to be,  open fields yet access to forests, higher elevations, and more.

In my area, I've seen local farmer's ponds yield blue-ribbon sized largemouth bass. There is no fishing pressure and the ponds have plenty of bait fish for the bass to feed on.  A large expanse of private property, with the right attributes, could become an area rich with potential that produces tremendous opportunity for sightings.

Edited by wiiawiwb

On 1/18/2020 at 1:10 PM, SWWASAS said:

Your microjet has three engines which makes it a G-3    That has enough range to fly to Europe.  It is large compared with a Cessna Citation.  

I measured the air strip (44.492203, -119.853611) which is about 4.4 miles from Rock Creek Lake. It is about 5,000' long. From what I can determine, that's enough for a small jet to take off.  

SWWASAS....do you think a G-3 can take off with a 5,000' runway?

https://binged.it/2RCNc3y

I bought the series because I don't have cable and watched 7 last night. When they went searching for the big thermal hit that was seen from the air balloons thermal  the guy watching the screen kept saying it's right in front of you . Why would they not take the thermal out and try and also see it? They have it with them on every episode . Instead they pull out their flash lights and keep saying we can't see anything back to him on the radio .

If it's giving a thermal hit from the balloon over head 25 feet in front of them it would also give it if they used the ones in the packs they had .

No lets use a flash light and say we CAN'T SEE ANYTHING . Is everything staged on this show...I want my $14.00 back

Edited by 7.62