Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

They really jumped the shark last night.  Turns out Cliff's and Moneymaker's slams to the show were pretty much spot on.  It may be interesting to see if Russel features his work on this show going forward in the community or if he backs away from it...

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, sheri said:

Well i don't know about anyone else but when she dreamed about children laughing and then they find the grave yard with children in it, i was looking for the corn field.

Good post, I was just rethinking algorithm before I came back to this thread, and what I was thinking included what I thought might be another plank of those algorithms near development and that was curiosity towards children.  Many sightings near summer camps, religious conference centers and the like who program towards youth.  Edited to add I missed the last EB show. 

5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I measured the air strip (44.492203, -119.853611) which is about 4.4 miles from Rock Creek Lake. It is about 5,000' long. From what I can determine, that's enough for a small jet to take off.  

SWWASAS....do you think a G-3 can take off with a 5,000' runway?

https://binged.it/2RCNc3y

If you can't take off on an almost one mile runway (unless it is surrounded by heavy timber and jagged mtns) then you have a problem with anything fixed wing except maybe the space shuttle but I'm not a pilot so this is just my opinion. 

Edited by bipedalist

On 1/19/2020 at 6:25 PM, SWWASAS said:

When the ratings of Finding BIgfoot started to fall,   the producers approached the crew and wanted to "enhance" things to make better TV.     The crew threatened to quit if that happened.   Producers have the most interest in a successful series, if they want to keep doing one.   You cannot know who knows what because they sign nondisclosure agreements.  

I have had one experience with TV news.    Was approached in an airport when I was an airline pilot and asked about something pertinent to something that had happened recently in aviation.     I responded with my opinion and it was so botched and edited on TV that they had completely changed what I was trying to convey.    Even news producers seem to have an agenda, and truth is not part of it.   

Exactly right, and with ANY tv show on this subject the first thing we need to remember is, it's TV. It's made for ratings not Bigfoot Researchers. It's naive to not expect them to have an agenda.

The show started off promising and now it's a joke.  Sorry I invested time into it.  

Folks would be better off watching Mountain Monsters...at least that has some entertainment value when the fat dude falls in the water or mud.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Have any of you looked around social media for the general reaction to this show? I joined one that I somehow managed to stumble onto on Facebook. I'm not surprised to find a large number of people gushing over it, while a balanced number of others completely stunned it's not what it was held up to be. Then, much to my surprise, there are a very large number of people that post in many of the threads openly acknowledging that they've personally had an experience whether recently or long ago. I'm sure some may just be doing that to get some attention, but it certainly makes you wonder how many 'average citizens' are represented by people like these who aren't afraid to say they've seen one. The one I'm referencing is called "Expedition Bigfoot Fanpage!" Currently, there are just over 2300 members of the page. It IS public so you wouldn't have to join it to read thru the page's history.

3 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

Exactly right, and with ANY tv show on this subject the first thing we need to remember is, it's TV. It's made for ratings not Bigfoot Researchers. It's naive to not expect them to have an agenda.

Agreed - It's made for the tv audience, not for researchers. The problem is that Russell is an author and runs a bigfoot conference. Ronnie is also an author. Presenting this contrived and sometimes outright dishonest activity could do damage. We can be an unforgiving bunch. (but see below - risk/reward may be worth it)

50 minutes ago, GuyInIndiana said:

Have any of you looked around social media for the general reaction to this show? I joined one that I somehow managed to stumble onto on Facebook. I'm not surprised to find a large number of people gushing over it, while a balanced number of others completely stunned it's not what it was held up to be. Then, much to my surprise, there are a very large number of people that post in many of the threads openly acknowledging that they've personally had an experience whether recently or long ago. I'm sure some may just be doing that to get some attention, but it certainly makes you wonder how many 'average citizens' are represented by people like these who aren't afraid to say they've seen one. The one I'm referencing is called "Expedition Bigfoot Fanpage!" Currently, there are just over 2300 members of the page. It IS public so you wouldn't have to join it to read thru the page's history.

I perused that page on Facebook, and just decided to stay clear. I'm sure somebody will take what we've found and share it there, and the reaction could be epic. It's not gonna be me.

18 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

I believe it was there way for them to with dreams to lead the show up to the grave yard. But not just that but to show how these creatures are capable to reach into our thoughts . That there is another side to these creatures that we may not understand until we are able to actually capture one alive. It was leading if you know what I mean.

Dr Mayor sharing her dream may have been the most honest part of the show. I am a vivid dreamer and pay attention to what is presented in dreams. My dreams get more vivid when I'm camping, and especially when I get too hot or too cold. One cool night and the dreams can get a little crazy for me. I have shared some thoughts about my own dreams in the paranormal section, so I won't mock too much about that part of the show. However, it's my opinion that they ended up at the cemetery because they knew it was there. They have the same map as I do and I can see it on the map. I can never believe they just stumbled on it. They needed the drama.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:59 PM, ShadowBorn said:

You people do know that they are throwing their careers and their reputations on this series low amount of money then what they could be making . What does that say to us.

I think they should be concerned, but here's a thought as to why it would be worth it.

Russell runs a bigfoot conference that caters to the BF community, and dishonesty of a show like this could hurt that a little. As I just mentioned above, we can be an unforgiving bunch. BUT - It might also help him bring in many others to his conference. Risk/reward was likely worth it. Russell is also Bob Gimlin's handler, for lack of a better term. He helps Bob manage his appearances and I know he has been looking to get Bob some paydays. I think that's why they included Bob G in this series, and Bob deserves a few paydays. Can't fault them for that.

One could theorize that RPG didn't like the dishonesty and got out as soon as possible. Like so many other things in the series, maybe the illness was contrived to allow him to exit gracefully. <- just a 'theory'

I also can't fault Ronnie too much for jumping in when the opportunity presented itself. As an author, the publicity has to help. I just wish he didn't need to pretend that finding the abandoned truck was a 'surprise.'

As for Dr Mayor, I have nothing bad to say. It's difficult enough to get scientific types involved with Bigfoot. If she's in it now, I hope she's here to stay.

Mostly, I blame the producers for the garbage product. They are not concerned about 'us' and evidently not too concerned about the reputation of the cast.

I'm hopeful that the show just ends with this season and we can all go our merry way.

• Upvote 1

Well that's why I say what will upset me that if they knew that there would be hoaxing involve and  the cast knew . Well then this would just be bad on them. But if the cast were all duped by the producers well then that would be a different story.  If the cast knew that there would be hoaxing and they were just acting surprise when finding the evidence then what does that say about them. How can they ever be trusted with any other evidence and this even goes with the Dr. who  is suppose to be held with higher standards.

The other thing that I may get ripped on as is about Bob G and his role on this show. How will it look for him if he knew about the producers intentions about laying out a fake thermal image on TV and having him claim how real this image is. How would that look about what we are seeing in the filming of Patty . Can you see where I am going with this. 

Everyone has been saying that this is all entertainment . But how much false narrative is there on entertainment?  Really How is there. After they are trying to get ratings so that they can gain money by the number of that watch their network. If the show is getting a large amount of ratings and large sponsors are willing to invest into the network well they will do what ever it takes to get those ratings. Business is just business.  It is corporate greed that runs these shows.  As I  watched this show all I could do was laugh as one could see the story line. It was like everything was choreograph. Maybe the cast was surprised and not told what was going to happen next but what if those parts were played over and over until the cast got it right for TV. It is joke and makes researching these creatures look silly.    

Something was caught on thermal. Can anyone prove it was fake?  Something was also caught on camera that had eyeshine, a hair was found with no medulla,  and something wood knocked and howled. Were all of those fake too? If you say yes, kindly explain the hair please.

In my opinion, the show produced evidence we all endeavor to achieve.  To the extent it had entertainment value...so be it.  It gets two thumbs from me.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 3

BFF Patron
8 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Good post, I was just rethinking algorithm before I came back to this thread, and what I was thinking included what I thought might be another plank of those algorithms near development and that was curiosity towards children.  Many sightings near summer camps, religious conference centers and the like who program towards youth.  Edited to add I missed the last EB show. 

If you can't take off on an almost one mile runway (unless it is surrounded by heavy timber and jagged mtns) then you have a problem with anything fixed wing except maybe the space shuttle but I'm not a pilot so this is just my opinion. 

8 hours ago, bipedalist said:

I measured the air strip (44.492203, -119.853611) which is about 4.4 miles from Rock Creek Lake. It is about 5,000' long. From what I can determine, that's enough for a small jet to take off.  

%00

According to Gulf Stream a G3 requires 5100 feet at sea level for takeoff.    Landing is about half of that.    That airport elevation is 2600.       5000 feet PA requires 7126 feet of runway.      So it would require around 6000 feet of runway to take off at 2600  field elevation.       A takeoff by a G3 at that airport could be done but would not be legal.    If they lost an engine or aborted they would run off the end of the runway on a 5000 runway.       Multi engine jets have an engine failure abort or takeoff speed.      Below a certain speed you abort for engine failure,  above the speed you continue the takeoff.   Normally the stopping distance determines the minimum runway required.    Density altitude is always a factor.   Hot day requires longer runways.   That applys to small single engine airplanes too.  

Most airliners, even medium size airplanes require 8000 of runway.    

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 3

BFF Patron

I am entertained because of comments like, "I have never been anywhere that is this creepy".   Repeated over and over again and then find out it is a drive-in expedition. 

9 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

southwest, did you mean to insert a response of some kind in this post?  

24 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Something was caught on thermal. Can anyone prove it was fake?  Something was also caught on camera that had eyeshine, a hair was found with no medulla,  and something wood knocked and howled. Were all of those fake too? If you say yes, kindly explain the hair please.

The medulla, also referred to as the pith or marrow of the hair, is the innermost layer. Composed of round cells, this layer is normally found in thick and/or coarse hair. Naturally blonde and fine hair generally does not have a medulla.

Well I guess that blows that theory of bigfoot hair.

BFF Patron

I am naturally blond and my hair does not have a medulla.   I am also 5% Neanderthal.   Do you suppose there is also bigfoot in my genetic woodshed?  

BFF Patron
2 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I am naturally blond and my hair does not have a medulla.   I am also 5% Neanderthal.   Do you suppose there is also bigfoot in my genetic woodshed?  

More likely Finn, Swede or Norwegian?  Although there are some hotspots of dark-haired Scandinavians.

Maybe check your Viking percentage in your dna results too along with Neanderthal.  

BFF Patron

I thought so before having my DNA tested.      I am ancient Irish.     Recent markers going back to Ireland about 8000 years ago and more modern Irish coming into historical times.         German on my mothers side.   That may be source of the hair which would be recessive.       My fathers people left Africa about 85,000 years ago.   My mothers people left 65,000 years ago.    Markers going into both Northern Europe and Asia on both sides of the family.    The strangest thing is that I have a great grandfather that was 1/2 NA  but there is none in my DNA.   He was drafted by the Army as an Indian scout in the 1860s .    I have wondered if he was from that tribe of NA in the NE with red hair that was reported by early settlers.    Conjecture is that they were of ancient Irish origin and arrived by boat during or after the last ice age before the Vikings did 1000 years ago. 

Edited by SWWASAS

46 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

In my opinion, the show produced evidence we all endeavor to achieve.  To the extent it had entertainment value...so be it.  It gets two thumbs from me.

It could have been an Elk walking away . I catch animals on thermal every time I go out at night .I don't think there's ever been a time we haven't caught a deer or a yote if we stay out the night.

I mentioned that when they used the  balloon thermal and pretended they couldn't find the spot when he was telling them it's right in front of you.

They used flashlights , that made no sense at all when they each had a thermal they could have pulled out. That was really fake and so was the dramatic music they used .

I wanted this to be real and I bought the series and still have the last one to watch but the more I watched it I could see it was fake.

33 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

I am entertained because of comments like, "I have never been anywhere that is this creepy".   Repeated over and over again and then find out it is a drive-in expedition. 

Sure BUT have you even been on the EDGE !!! of discovery before ?

Edited by 7.62
  • Haha 1