Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

BFF Patron
22 hours ago, zeebob889 said:

The current show wouldn't be the first to see a member of the Community "sell out".

At least some that have sold out have had some borderline acting skills such as, "There's something on the hill!" Moneymaker and "animated Cliff" Barackman.  They were not stiffs with deer in the headlights delayed reaction times.  Granted first year productions are not gonna be Oscar/Emmy level material generally in reality or unreality TV as you see fit to call it.  Maybe they will jet off into the sunset at the end of the last episode, that would be good entertainment.  

I doubt when they put the show together they anticipated scrutiny from people experienced in thermal imaging or a forum that could pinpoint their exact location. They should have employed some members of this forum to make sure their footage was believable. Just saying...

That’s assuming they really care about the scrutiny.   The money is in entertaining the masses not the minority of ppl versed in the field.  

• Upvote 1

Redbone...the thermal with the upright figure in red was taken from one side of the field to the other side.  I can't imagine it was more than 250-275 meters.  The distance will help get a better handle on the thermal quality.

How far do you think that was?

27 minutes ago, Twist said:

That’s assuming they really care about the scrutiny.   The money is in entertaining the masses not the minority of ppl versed in the field.  

Yeah.  It's not like the hardcore Bigfoot enthusiast is a powerhouse demographic for advertisers.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Redbone...the thermal with the upright figure in red was taken from one side of the field to the other side.  I can't imagine it was more than 250-275 meters.  The distance will help get a better handle on the thermal quality.

How far do you think that was?

That clearing is about 500 meters long and about 180 meters wide at the widest point. I don't know for sure where the fence posts are at, but one could speculate they are along the north side where the road is.

310615376_EBClearing180meters.thumb.jpg.b353dd8567c488c678097ba6c6c7988b.jpg

28 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

If the field is only 180 meters wide, here are various examples of thermals taken at 150-200 yards. Notice how clear and unmistakable it is what we're looking at:

Hog shot at 150 yards

Human at 25, 50, 100, and 200 yards. Note at 200 yards it is also recorded in red hot

My thermal can tell you exactly what you are looking at 150 yards away ,

No guessing if it's a deer  , hog  , coyote or a  cow  . The thermal image they showed us was suspect . They were using some pretty good thermal

I'd love to know what thermal they were using.  A FLIR?? What model line? You would think they would have the highest quality for a TV series. The two videos above were both shot using a high-end Pulsar unit. 

Here is a video using another high-end Pulsar, of recent vintage and the quality of which I would expect on EB, showing a variety of animals at a variety of distances. It starts at the 1:40 mark. Again note how there is no ambiguity what we're seeing.

Can anyone identify the thermal imager used to record the "blob"?

I haven't looked at the thermal binoculars he was using but I think the thermal that recorded the red blob was the unit on the tripod. You can see Russell reach over and adjust the thermal on the tripod after he first sees the red blob appear.

My initial reaction was that the deer was recorded with the binoculars (Accolade) in white hot and the blob was recorded in red hot by whatever was on the tripod.  That theory doesn't answer why they would be surprised the deer was not red because they would have known it was shot in white hot.

I've played and replayed it dozens of times. It has squared-off edges, a smooth surface, and a light-colored logo in the center of the body.  Pulsar's logo is circular and silver so it's possible the thermal is a Pulsar but the one I have, and others I've seen, the logo is rather small.

I've searched a dozen, or so, manufacturers and the only one I can find with a squared-off, boxy body is the FLIR A6750 but the logo is too large.

https://www.flir.com/products/a6750-mwir/

I'll keep looking but I'm stumped so far. I wish there was a way to capture a picture of the thermal on the tripod. If the thermal on the tripod is a Pulsar, at that distance it should have captured the sasquatch/cow/blob clearly, even in red hot,  as we've seen in the YT videos.

Edited by wiiawiwb

BFF Patron

If the timeline depicted in the series is accurate and I sort of doubt it when they seem to get stuff tested or deploy new gear in a day or two,  then perhaps some of their problems are familiarity with the gear they are using.      I hope that is the reason for the cow/blob other than the other reason one sees so commonly on Youtube videos.     I am not accusing anyone of anything but hoaxers commonly blur images because good images sometimes give them away.    If you are running out of series days and get an FLIR image of some large object,   perhaps adjusting the camera and plainly showing a cow is not what you want to do?    When you have an axe to grind, and the future of your series might depend on concrete findings,   the temptation sure would be there to just accept a blob rather than adjust it and show it is a cow.      While thermal is never known for providing good resolution,   forum members have show us good examples that certainly make one wonder why we are seeing blurry blobs provided by good equipment in the series.   As MIB said,  we just don't know how much material has been cut by the editors because it does not promote the story line.    

Edited by SWWASAS

We've found that doesn't matter whether it is a cow, deer, or sasquatch, we should see legs. In several YT videos I've posted in the last several pages, one can clearly see legs moving on cow and deer even at 300 yards with no digital magnification.  How does the red blob not have visible legs?

Here's one more video of a group of pigs at 200 yards which is about the distance we guess of the "red blob". Note in the video below, that while there is significant blooming in red hot mode, legs can still be seen even with hogs that have tiny legs. A sasquatch or cow has very long legs and they should be easily discernible.  Moreover, we saw the deer that ran away in the EB segment and you could see its legs with amazing detail. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnBxar7LuwU

It seems we can reasonably replicate what we think is a similar distance with animals as the EB video but cannot find blooming as severe on other videos.  What are we left to deduce from all this?

I've watched the thermal video several times and for some reason...the way the leg loops around...it just reminds me of some kind of bird. I can't place my finger on it but the whole thing seems very birdlike to me.

I feel like one of the other fundamental "missing pieces of information" is that fact you can't establish the actual distance the red blob IS from the camera. When the pic overlay is generated, the test person is quite well 'left' of where it was when shot with the thermal, and given we don't know the actual distance to the heat mass, what if it was far closer than assumed, or even further away than expected? I think there's just too much missing data to ever say "here's what we got".